"The future ain't what it used to be."

A Discovered Time Traveler

I never said anything about the speed of light being related to time travel. Maybe you are confusing me with the real Einstein.

Black holes are fiction. If you believe they are real, then that's your choice. There doesn't appear to be facts to support their existence. Only opinions.

I don't have any factual data on time travelers other than my own experiences that suggest they exist.

Yea, except they have been observed by astronomers. A recent view shows x-rays being bent around a black hole. Pretty powerful for a fictitious object.

NASA telescope captures ‘battle between dark and light’ | fox8.com

Moz

Scientists believe supermassive black holes reside in the centers of galaxies. Some are more massive and rotate faster than others.

That is a direct quote from the article you referenced. It kind of looks like a disclaimer clause to me. Observations based on beliefs rather than facts.

This coming from a man who complains in this very thread that people seem to be driven more by belief than by facts.

Are you seriously suggesting that if, say, I developed cancer, I could simply alter my daily routine until I 'pop' into a time in which I have not developed cancer? Would that mean I forced the other me into the time where I had cancer? Is that murder?

Nevermind working from now on; I'm just going to use my left hand and change my shoes until I 'pop' into a rich me world. Goodness.

Moz

If you have cancer you can alter your daily routine to cure yourself. Just stop eating all carbohydrates. I wouldn't call this murder. Just survival of the fittest.

If you want to get rich, I would suggest using some more tried and true approaches. Invest low, sell high, seems to work for lots of folks.

Einstein:

Let's use a little reading comprehension.

"Scientists believe that supermassive black holes reside at the center of galaxies."

This does not say that black holes themselves are theorized; but simply that "supermassive" black holes are what are at the center of galaxies. This is obviously based on the gravity that would be necessary to hold such large bodies of stars together, plus the observation of the movement patterns of stars at the very center of our own galaxy. One hasn't actually been observed at the center of a galaxy because there is too much stuff in the way.

The one observed in the articles is not at the center of a galaxy. No where in the article does it say that x-rays are being bent by "what is believed to be a black hole."

Moz

Yes, I agree with you about comprehension. The word believe is used. That should be your clue that none of what you are reading about is true.

The disclaimer clause is at the end of the article.

X-rays can be bent when traveling through gas clouds. But that would be a fact based belief. Only because we could duplicate the effect in a laboratory setting.

And yes, Black Holes are a theory. A theory is not a fact. It never can be. If it became fact, it would no longer be a theory.

Fields of plasma and interstellar gas clouds are a more probable cause for the bending and refracting of light.

I like how you substitute whatever you feel without having observed the same bending of x-rays yourself. You just made that up on the fly.

I think I'll trust NASA over a guy who thinks wearing different shoes can fix a cracked mirror or revive a dead kid.

Moz

You can believe what you want I suppose. The choice is yours. I merely wanted to direct you toward a more plausible explanation that can be demonstrated in a laboratory setting.

You can believe what you want I suppose. The choice is yours. I merely wanted to direct you toward a more plausible explanation that can be demonstrated in a laboratory setting.

More plausible based upon what? You did not observe what is being discussed in the article yourself. You have no basis to even present a more plausible explanation. It's akin to presenting a "more plausible" recreation of an accident when you were not present nor have you even bothered to read the accounts or look at any of the photographs.

If neither fields of plasma, nor interstellar gas clouds are present (which you obviously don't know) then what is left?

Moz

Hey there I'm new to the forum, this is actually a bit off topic, but I have an honest question. Does anyone else get the feeling that us, humans, the earth, etc. are more advanced and developed than we should be for our time. I'm really young (probably the youngest on this thread) and ever since middle school I've always got a feeling with all the new technology coming out that its ahead of its time. I don't really have dreams and visions of the future like you all do but I get a feeling, that some things not quite right. Technology is accelerating at an alarming rate.

Hey there I'm new to the forum, this is actually a bit off topic, but I have an honest question. Does anyone else get the feeling that us, humans, the earth, etc. are more advanced and developed than we should be for our time.

I actually have the opposite point of view - we had to be much further in our knowledge and development :)

I actually have the opposite point of view - we had to be much further in our knowledge and development :)
So you feel like we are behind our time? I can see that. I haven't been living that long so I really don't know. Its just a feeling I get when I think about how far we have come. 10 years ago people wouldn't know what a smartphone was. 150 years ago cars didn't exist, sometime before engines. Ever since civilized man we had been using animals for transportation. I could go on airplanes, computers, electricity, ect. But that is my point of view alone. I see how you might feel that way.

If all of the people were dedicated to work and develope, and if there were no stupid disturbances in our path of development, we now would be much much further.

I will give an example. For more than 1000 years the religion has been denying, that the earth is a sphere and was impaling that it is flat. It succeeded in stopping the development of the astronomy, physics, chemistry and others such as medicine and anatomy with centuries. Can you imagine what is a century? Or 1000 years? If these sciences have not been artifitially supressed, can you imagine where we would be?

P.S. The stupid religion proceeds stopping the development of the science even today. This stopage recently, for example were the denails of the abortion by medical purposes, the religious fight against the cloning as general and against the human cloning today.

Back