"The future ain't what it used to be."

A Test For Time Travellers

Twighlight

Timekeeper
OK. A test for all you would-be time travellers.

MSN forums no longer exist. In it's heyday, there were a lot of excellent forums.

So.....I'd like any would be time traveller to go back to around October 2004, and give me the MSN names of all 6 managers of the political forum 'Free Speech America'. Should not be at all hard to find the forum....and the managers names are in bold at the top of the list of members.

A simple task.

Oh...and as your PC on which you post here surely must have SHIFT and PRINT SCREEN.....a screen print too !

I'm betting there will be no takers.

Why would time travelers want to be tested?

Time travellers might not, but those who seem to like to claim to be....well, exceptional claims require exceptional evidence.

The old trick of " I'm a time traveller from 2036...but I really don't care if anyone believes me " just doesn't cut ice. If a person makes a claim, they should prove it or shut up.

I think a Standardized Time Traveler Test should be placed here at TTI. My suggestion awhile back was for any claimant to complete the AMS Report at least a week BEFORE being posted by the AMS.

2009 AMS Report

As far as why any time traveler should be tested...IF they can read this thread sometime in the future, they'd know it exists before they bother to go through the registration process and begin posting.

IF any one wishes to make the claim they are a time traveler, it is up to them to prove it, at least here at TTI.

Unless one wishes to be amongst those who accept anything claimed merely because "they say so".

I'd say a test of something that is now non-existent ( and which therefore does not exist either in any future time ) is a better test. And also, the randomly chosen element of it.....the managers of some forum most time travellers will likely never have heard of....and yet which would be easily accessible on MSN prior to MSN closing all the forums in 2007.

It would take no more than 2 minutes in 2004, to log into MSN.....go to forums....go to the 'Politics' section.....see that 'Free Speech America' was at or near the top ( 5000 members ).....go in there....look up members....and see the 6 managers listed in bold. And get a screen print.

If someone can do THAT........THEN I will maybe start to believe they are from 2036 or whenever.

Twighlight. You should know that this is a foolish test that you had set up. They will never leave any message for anyone to read. If they had done so. You would already had seen the message. Which in that cast. You would never had started this thread in the first place.

No..it's an extremely sensible test with a twist. The twist makes it highly unlikely that anyone not actually viewing the MSN forum in October 2004 would get the right answer.

On the other hand..it really is a very simple test indeed for any GENUINE time traveller to pass !

Of course, none of the alleged time travellers on this forum will dare take the challenge. Not even the master time traveller Titor himself. Thay can fake pictures, documents, time travel machines, etc, etc.....the one thing they cannot do is provide hidden information from the past.

the one thing they cannot do is provide hidden information from the past.
As you said, it had 5000 members, and one of those could view this forum as well (including yourself) and therefore answer your question without time travel. You're also assuming that a time traveler would consider you significant enough to even bother wasting the time. You've got the whole of time and space open to you, and you're going to go try to "prove yourself" to some blathering fat nerds on the internet? Right. :D

You've got the whole of time and space open to you, and you're going to go try to "prove yourself" to some blathering fat nerds on the internet? Right.

Lol.....er, the blathering fat nerds are the ones the so-called time travellers seem real eager to impress by posting here in the first place ! Your average genuine time traveller will likely never have heard of this site.....he's much more likely to have hear of Prof Ron Mallet, Stephen Hawking, or indeed the founders of whatever company created his time machine.

So..why pop into an internet forum and make an outrageous claim, if one is not prepared to perform even the simplest little test ( that does not in any way change the timeline ) to show one is bona fide ?? I can tell you why.......the so-called time traveller is a fraud.

As you said, it had 5000 members, and one of those could view this forum as well (including yourself) and therefore answer your question without time travel.

No, that is just it, the forum no longer exists. The ONLY way to get the information is to view the forum as it was in 2004. Plus, there is a subtle twist in this that would catch out any fraud.

Maybe after several months of no takers..which is what I expect....I'll explain.

Plus, there is a subtle twist in this that would catch out any fraud.

Maybe after several months of no takers..which is what I expect....I'll explain.

I like this. This is similar to how I operate here when it comes to wild-ass claims. I take data, analyze, and look for the subtle angle that the claimant clearly did not think about.

When your opponent is a shallow thinker, the deeper you can think the more ways you can corner your opponent.

RMT

You're also assuming that a time traveler would consider you significant enough to even bother wasting the time. You've got the whole of time and space open to you, and you're going to go try to "prove yourself" to some blathering fat nerds on the internet? Right.

I think he is also assuming that time travel is as easy as driving down to BurgerKing and back. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

"It would take no more than 2 minutes in 2004, to log into MSN.....go to forums....go to the 'Politics' section....."

OK. A test for all you would-be time travellers.

MSN forums no longer exist. In it's heyday, there were a lot of excellent forums.

So.....I'd like any would be time traveller to go back to around October 2004, and give me the MSN names of all 6 managers of the political forum 'Free Speech America'. Should not be at all hard to find the forum....and the managers names are in bold at the top of the list of members.

A simple task.

Oh...and as your PC on which you post here surely must have SHIFT and PRINT SCREEN.....a screen print too !

I'm betting there will be no takers.

I hate to tell you this but I once visted a websight that archived old websights. I don,t remember the address. On that sight it really was possible to visit websights from long ago. You also forget for every rule usually there is a way to break it. Your so called time traveler could still find a way to cheat. And also usually what ever test was devised for a time traveler there is no 100 percent way of knowing that it was time travel not unless he reveals his physics and his machine which more likely than not is not going to happen. Even if he tried there is too many things involved in the loop that would keep it in the realm of the paranormal instead of real science.

unless he reveals his physics and his machine which more likely than not is not going to happen. Even if he tried there is too many things involved in the loop that would keep it in the realm of the paranormal instead of real science.
Current physics does not explain practical time travel. If one explained how it works, you probably would not understand. Even if you understood, they would not be able to reference any experiments or scientific literature to back up their assertions. You would probably assume they're another fake.

I think he is also assuming that time travel is as easy as driving down to BurgerKing and back.
Right you are. And what about the cost of fuel? Especially if it costs more than gasoline. I don't think the forum visitors are willing to pay for the ride. :D

I think he is also assuming that time travel is as easy as driving down to BurgerKing and back.

LOL ! Oh but it's quite easy to specifically travel back to a hardware store in 1975 and grab an IBM whatever !

You put your own foot right in it there. I love it when people fall into their own hole they dug.

I hate to tell you this but I once visted a websight that archived old websights. I don,t remember the address. On that sight it really was possible to visit websights from long ago. You also forget for every rule usually there is a way to break it. Your so called time traveler could still find a way to cheat.

The member list is not archived. The only way to access the member list ( even if you did find an old archived page ) is to be a member. You cannot become a member because the site is closed.

I've tested it myself...using even my old membership account I cannot gain access to any member list.

Yes one could 'cheat'....but that is where the 'sting' comes in. Remember...I want a screen print too.

Back