"The future ain't what it used to be."

Ufology Ancient Astronaut Theory: Fact or Conspiracy?

I'll confesst; one of my obsessions in the past was reading about the Ancient Astronaut Theory. It was at least fun to see history from a different perspective.

As time has passed, I find myself much less convinced by the idea. Essentially, I learned that a lot of the underlying facts which support the theory are just flat out wrong.

For example, the translations of Ancient Sumarian relied upon by Ancient Astronaut Theory are dead wrong. There are examples of the proponents exagerating dates, weights, and difficulty in cutting certain stones.

Is there anybody here who adheres to the Ancient Astronaut Theory? What evidence do you find to be the most compelling?

Moz

I'll confesst; one of my obsessions in the past was reading about the Ancient Astronaut Theory. It was at least fun to see history from a different perspective.

As time has passed, I find myself much less convinced by the idea. Essentially, I learned that a lot of the underlying facts which support the theory are just flat out wrong.

For example, the translations of Ancient Sumarian relied upon by Ancient Astronaut Theory are dead wrong. There are examples of the proponents exagerating dates, weights, and difficulty in cutting certain stones.

Is there anybody here who adheres to the Ancient Astronaut Theory? What evidence do you find to be the most compelling?

Moz

Not sure if I adhere to the Ancient Astronaut Theory, however, there are some mysterious individuals in history that would be interesting to know a lot more about :

Quetzalcoatl , Thoth, The Birdman of Monks Mound, and possibly the Anunnaki.

Similar descriptions, similar attributes, and each having a crucial role with the advancement of their respective civilizations.

Who were they and why are these "birdmen" mentioned by civilizations thousands of miles apart?

Who were they and why are these "birdmen" mentioned by civilizations thousands of miles apart?

All of humanity came from a single area in the world; namely central Africa. Therefore, I find it much more likely that rather than these ideas coming about independently thousands of miles apart, the ideas travelled with humans to different parts of the globe. But, obviously, I have no hard evidence for this idea.

Moz

Back