Ancient civilization or time traveler settlements

servantx

Quantum Scribe
Subject 1: Babylon (Iraq).

The battery of Babylon.
battery_iraq2.jpg

battery_iraq1.gif

This artifact was unearthed in Khujut Rabu, in the ruins of a Parthian village outside Baghdad in 1938 by German archaeologist Wilhelm Konig. It is a five-inch-long (13 cm) clay jar containing a copper cylinder that its edge was soldered with a 60-40 lead-tin alloy, and bottom was capped with a crimped-in copper disk and held in place with asphalt or bitumen. Another insulating layer of asphalt sealed the top and also protected an iron bar suspended into the center of the cylinder. This one is known as the Baghdad Battery and is about 2,000 years old. A dozen of other similar batteries were unearthed in Iraq. Most sources date the batteries to around 200 BC - in the Parthian era, circa 250 BC to AD 225. However the Parthians were skilled warriors rather and their scientific achievements were not known. It would appear then that they inherited these batteries from one of the earliest known civilizations. According to the experts, the device after being filled with an acid or alkaline liquid could create an electric charge. It is believed that this old battery might have been used to electroplate silver, but it is only one of the theories. Important is to emphasize that electric batteries were not invented until 1799 by Alessandro Volta.

Subject 2: Russia

Spiral-shaped (Spring) micro-objects in Russia

russia_spring1.jpg

russia_spring2.jpg

russia_spring3.jpg

In the years 1991-1993, gold prospectors on the small river Narada, on the eastern side of the Ural mountains, have found unusual, mostly spiral-shaped objects. The size of these things ranges from a maximum of 3 cm (1.2 in.) down to an incredible 0.003 mm, about 1/10,000th of an inch! To date, these inexplicable artifacts have been found in their thousands at various sites near the rivers Narada, Kozhim, and Balbanyu, and also by two smaller streams named Vtvisty and Lapkhevozh, mostly at depths between 3 and 12 meters (10 and 40 ft.) The spiral-form objects are composed of various metals: the larger ones are of copper, while the small and very small ones are of the rare metals tungsten and molybdenum. Tungsten has a high atomic weight, and is also very dense, with a melting point of 3410 deg. C (6100 deg. F). It is used principally for the hardening of special steels, and in unalloyed form for the filaments of light bulbs. Molybdenum also has a high density, and a respectable melting point of 2650 deg. C (4740 deg. F). This metal too is used for hardening steels and giving them corrosion-resistant properties, these being used principally for highly-stressed weapon parts and vehicle armor. All tests carried out to date these objects to around 20,000 years old.

Last time I heard about "Tungsten" use is in Apple iPhone and iPad....very advance and rare material....

Subject 3: Turkey (Constantinople)

The Piri Reis Map (including Africa, South America, and Antarctica)
piri_map.jpg

In 1929, a group of historians found an amazing map drawn on a gazelle skin. Research showed that it was a genuine document drawn in 1513 by Piri Reis, a famous admiral of the Turkish fleet in the sixteenth century. His passion was cartography. His high rank within the Turkish navy allowed him to have a privileged access to the Imperial Library of Constantinople.The Turkish admiral admits in a series of notes on the map that he compiled and copied the data from a large number of source maps, some of which dated back to the fourth century BC or earlier.

The Controversy... The Piri Reis map shows the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America, and the northern coast of Antarctica. The northern coastline of Antarctica is perfectly detailed. The most puzzling however is not so much how Piri Reis managed to draw such an accurate map of the Antarctic region 300 years before it was discovered, but that the map shows the coastline under the ice. Geological evidence confirms that the latest date Queen Maud Land could have been charted in an ice-free state is 4000 BC.

Subject 4: United States

500,000 Year old spark plug
spark_plug.jpg

Was unearthed in the Coso Mountains, California, while looking for unusual rocks. One of these pieces of rock contained inside remains of some kind of device. Beneath the outer layer of hardened clay, pebbles and fossil inclusions was a hexagonal shaped layer of a substance resembling wood, softer than agate or jasper. This layer formed a casing around a three-quarter inch wide cylinder made of solid white porcelain or ceramic, and in the center of the cylinder is a two millimeter shaft of shiny metal core, about .08 inch (2 millimeters) in diameter. Also, surrounding the ceramic cylinder are rings of copper, mostly corroded. Embedded too in the rock, though separate from the cylinder, are two more man-made items - what look like a nail and a washer. The rock, in which the artifact resembling a spark plug was found, was dated to about 500,000 year old. Those who manufactured this artifact had to possess an advanced technology.

Subject 1: Babylon (Iraq).

The battery of Babylon.
battery_iraq2.jpg

battery_iraq1.gif

You really believe that this bit of Nazi archeological "analysis" stands up? Who do you think appointed Konig? Heinrich Himmler. Himmler headed the Deutches Ahnenerbe. They were not looking for unbiased scientific archeological evidence about ancient Iraq (or any other society). They were looking for Nazi propoganda to support the Arian Race over the Semite Race in the Middle East. "The battery" idea was proposed by Konig, who really wasn't a trained archeologist (nor were most of the rest of Himmler's archeologists).

BTW: Konig didn't discover the clay pot at a dig in 1938. He found it in his museum. It had been discovered cr. 1936, catalogued, shelved and forgotten.

You really believe that this bit of Nazi archeological "analysis" stands up? Who do you think appointed Konig? Heinrich Himmler. Himmler headed the Deutches Ahnenerbe. They were not looking for unbiased scientific archeological evidence about ancient Iraq (or any other society). They were looking for Nazi propoganda to support the Arian Race over the Semite Race in the Middle East. "The battery" idea was proposed by Konig, who really wasn't a trained archeologist (nor were most of the rest of Himmler's archeologists).

BTW: Konig didn't discover the clay pot at a dig in 1938. He found it in his museum. It had been discovered cr. 1936, catalogued, shelved and forgotten.

No matter if it is was proposed by Konig, Nazi or someone else. Mythbusters tried to reproduce it and the pots produce electricity - that means the civilization of the Babylonian Empire had used electricity for gold plating and mercury gilding.

BTW, how did Konig promote the Arian Race over the Semite Race when he said the Semite Race had these kinds of advance technology?

BTW, how did Konig promote the Arian Race over the Semite Race when he said the Semite Race had these kinds of advance technology?

The Deutches Ahnenerbe promoted the idea in similar fashion as the Marz Barz promote the idea that aliens, not the Egyptians, build the pyramids. Their task was to proove that the fabled Aryan race were the progenators of all of western culture, science and technology. As the Marz Barz do, the Deutches Ahnenerbe would promote the assumption that the "inferior races", like the Semites, could not possibly have done whatever they did alone - it was obviously the Aryans. When Lawrence Kasdan wrote the script for Raiders of the Lost Ark he didn't simply make up the SS/Deutches Ahnenerbe search for the Ark. That actually occured. It was happening all over the Middle East during the 1930's and even during WWII. It was for propoganda purposes (not to mention that Hitler was a believer).

Thus the contents of the jar had to be a battery. It would have been inconvenient to include in the analysis that it was common to both scribe the scrolls on copper and to store the scrolls in a copper tube. Iron, copper and acid will form a crude battery. Papyrus tends to have a Ph of about 4.5 - the acifity range of tomato juice. More than one amateur boat owner has found this to be true the hard way when they've made repairs to through-hull copper tubes by using iron based fittings. The evidence usually shows up when they are several miles off-shore and electrolysis takes its toll. ;)

I also tend to believe that there had been very ancient civilizations we dont know about. These might be their remnants. Unfortunately we may never know, and they will go on unnoticed. What a shame.

To me, I believe in Ages. Just like we are entering a new and better Age, A New Age, A Wiccan/Atheist Age. In my belief that's what happens after 2012. I have this book on Middle Ages that trips me out. I need to read it again, but it's quite interesting. I forgot why it is and why I should read it again. You know that there's UFOs that can be seen in drawings and even now. Maybe they have something to do with all of this? For now, I really don't know much, but my wife from another life may tell me tomorrow.