"The future ain't what it used to be."

Back to basics?

No, unfortunately, he is referring to the interminable John Titor in yet another far fetched attempt to prove him right/real.

Posted by John Titor on 01-29-2001 07:47 AM
Please keep in mind the web site is not mine and I apologize for the poor quality of the files. The photo you saw was taken by me with a Polaroid camera manufactured here. The other documents were duplicated by placing a book onto a copy machine at a packaging and shipping store and then scanning and saving them.

As for the printing technology in 2036, you may be surprised at how many people use typewriters however I agree the documents were probably not created that way.

I too am very anxious to hear your thoughts and questions on time travel / gravity displacement and any comments on the Everett Wheeler Graham model.

John who?

Oh, why do you bait them so, Darby, lol!!!

Either way, interesting article and notion. Almost makes me want to pull out an old typewriter for nostalgia. I'm sure that many hipsters are using them. That's pretty nuts that Deutchland is going back to purely mechanical ones to keep the Merkel safe.

Tattoomagoo maybe referring to John Connor (from the Terminator franchise).

Mylo, I seem to remember strictly old-school radio communications in the future of the Terminator franchise. In retrospect, it kind of befuddles me that they could successfully use unencrypted communications in hopes to evade a super-intellegent AI.

John Titor was pretty clear that typewriters are used because technology isn't as widespread, as the manufacturing capacity the world over has been decimated due to global, nuclear war. He never intimated that typewriters were used to protect against cyber-spying.

Titor was a clear fraud. Anybody clinging on is hopeless.

Moz

John Titor was pretty clear that typewriters are used because technology isn't as widespread, as the manufacturing capacity the world over has been decimated due to global, nuclear war. He never intimated that typewriters were used to protect against cyber-spying.

Titor was a clear fraud. Anybody clinging on is hopeless.

Moz

You're correct about Titor. He was pretty clear that they were being used due to a lack of manufacturing ability.

As to getting back to typewritten communications, the assertion is correct but not exactly timely. Intelligence agencies have been resorting to "hand written" communications security for many years when they believe that computer network communication might be compromised. But they will never go back to having even a major part of their communications being typed memos. That might be more secure (but not necessarily so) however secure actionable intelligence that can't be quickly transmitted rapidly becomes stale unactionable intelligence before it can arrive at its destination for action.

Back