Cosplay through the years.

servantx

Timekeeper
tumblr_m4jk6nerol1qa70eyo1_500_large.jpg

At least I recognize two of the pitcures. The first one looks like it was taken at the Disneyland "Tomorrowland Station" platform cr. 1962 and the last one was taken in the 1100 block of South Broadway, Los Angeles late 1950's .

At least I recognize two of the pitcures. The first one looks like it was taken at the Disneyland "Tomorrowland Station" platform cr. 1962 and the last one was taken in the 1100 block of South Broadway, Los Angeles late 1950's .

You have good memory Darby.

You have good memory Darby.

The background in photo #1 was easily recognized as the Tomorrowland Station. In the last photo the L.A. Examiner building in the background gave it away. Other than the styles, the Examiner merged with the L.A. Herald to become the L.A. Herald-Examiner in 1962. My best friend and I delivered the Examiner as pre-teens in the late 1950's. California child labor laws seem to have changed a bit since then. We had to get up, even on school nights, at 0300 to stuff the papers and deliver them before going to school. For those familiar, we lived in- Pico-Rivera, near Beverly Blvd - a few blocks from Rosemead Blvd and Whittier Blvd.

For those familiar, we lived in- Pico-Rivera, near Beverly Blvd - a few blocks from Rosemead Blvd and Whittier Blvd.

Not far at all from where the B-2 bomber was conceived. But of course you were well gone from there by then! :-) I also drive right by there on the 605 on my way from my day job to my teaching job at Cal Poly in Pomona. Any good "greasy spoon" restaurants you remember that still might be there for a good lunch bite?

RMT

I might be there in a few years back in Cali, well, LA area. For what I want to do (besides creating comics) is to create movies based on my comics and I'm getting degrees in Entertainment Business and New Media Journalism if everything pans out right.

Not far at all from where the B-2 bomber was conceived. But of course you were well gone from there by then! :) I also drive right by there on the 605 on my way from my day job to my teaching job at Cal Poly in Pomona. Any good "greasy spoon" restaurants you remember that still might be there for a good lunch bite?

RMT

Unfortunately "The Pit" at E. Garvey and Santa Anita Ave seems to have closed. It opened up in the early 1950's and our family went there at least once a week. The Pit made better "Tommy Burgers" than Tommy's and their pastrami dips were absolutely the best.

I used to get up in the middle of the night and drive from Santa Barbara to either Rampart for a Tommy's Burger or El Monte for a Pit pastrami. Almost 200 miles round trip for a snack...but worth it.

Next best, The Hat on Lake Ave in Pasadena.

Nice Darby,

Yes I am a big Tommy's fan and would go to the original Rampart shack back in college. Now there is a Tommy's near me in Fountain Valley. We also had The Hat in Upland..another college haunt, a bit closer to Pomona. So I will have to check out The Pit for both their burgers and pastrami next time I a headed by El Monte. Thanks for the culinary tips!

RMT