District 9

RainmanTime

Super Moderator
I just got out of seeing this movie. I found it fantastic! To those who like sci-fi/horror genre, I would highly recommend it. The storyline is better than you might think, too.

Now I am only bummed that I will have to wait so long to see District 10, which is almost a given!

RMT

I seen it just a little while ago. You and Larry both recommended it so I thought I would go see it. Usually I don't see R rated movies. I actually got ID'd. LOL
I wonder how we would really treat aliens if they came here......

Yeah I think they left it open for a district 10. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I wonder how we would really treat aliens if they came here......
I think the story speaks to many levels of that question, and illustrates analogies to our history along the way. The fact that this all takes place in Johannesburg, South Africa makes one of the most obvious analogies.
RMT

It has not quite made it to the cinema over here yet. But i am also looking forward to watching this. Your recommendation makes it all the more intriguing, Ray!

Welcome back, Olly!

When you see the movie, I will be interested in your take on the sub-plots and sub-themes that I know a guy like you will pick out. Come back and discuss, OK? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RMT