"The future ain't what it used to be."

Frequency

Yes, I have seen the movie "Frequency". I do believe that there could be "time" anomalies ( such as the " rare atmospheric phenomenon " in the movie ) created through quirk's in nature.

Researching Telluric Currents ( Natural electric current flowing on and beneath the surface of the Earth ) , it is mentioned that one of the potentials within the Telluric Currents is a "Temporal Fold ".

As far as anyone being able to use such anomalies for time travel? Don't know the answer to that one. However, I do believe that it does hold some interesting possibilites for time travel research.

There are numerous accounts of people experiencing unusual events relative to time. As an example, a power company worker repairing a powerline looks down from his perch on a powerpole and notices that there is a group of Native Americans gathered at the base of the pole. They are looking up at him with confused and puzzled looks. Glancing away for a brief moment, the power company guy looks down again, and the group has vanished from sight. From his vantage point, there is no way they could have left without him seeing them go.

So, who were these Native American men? From the description given by the worker, it seems that the men below him were from a band that has been non-existent for hundreds of years.

Even if a Temporal Fold within the Telluric Currents can cause two different time periods to intersect, my question is why wasn't one of the men able to "stay" in a different time then the one they were part of? The answer to that question would answer your question, " is that kind of time travel possible?"

Thanks :), I've been scouring the internet for real possibilities of time travel, I just want to send a message to my 2010 self. What do you think of Dr. Ronald Mallett's experiments in time travel? I hope he succeeds.

Thanks :), I've been scouring the internet for real possibilities of time travel, I just want to send a message to my 2010 self. What do you think of Dr. Robert Mallett's experiments in time travel? I hope he succeeds.

Unfortunately for Ron Mallett he jumped the gun and "published" his work in the news before submitting it for peer review. He did this without asking for or receiving permission from UCONN, his employer (the University of Connecticut). He embarassed UCONN by doing so and once his paper was properly submitted for peer review in a relatively minor French journal his theory was found to be full of holes. He made several silly math errors in his calculations which were caught by other scientists reviewing the paper. Once the errors were corrected by reviewers, specifically Ken Olum and Allen Everett, and the equations were recalculated it was shown that his theory did not work. He withdrew the paper many years ago and has not resubmitted it with the corrections. The paper failed peer review.

It actually makes sense that he has not resubmitted the paper. The basis for his conclusion that he was on the trail of creating a time machine was directly linked to his math errors. It was obvious that they were not typos. Rather, they existed in his assumptions from the beginnings of his research. Those errors formed the underlying assumptions of his theory. So, once they were corrected his entire theory evaporated.

The math errors were not the big mistake. Scientists make mistakes. That's why we have the peer review system. Catching and correcting math errors is one part of the process. When the mistakes are caught and corrected the paper is resubmitted for further review. His big mistake was his failure to follow basic protocol. Going to the press before submission to peer review cost the taxpayers of Connecticut a lot of wasted research money (UCONN is a state university funded by state and federal tax dollars), cost the University, especially the physics department, a hit on its reputation as a serious research institution and cost him a huge hit on his reputation as an ethical scientist. He came out of the situation looking like a self promoting media whore.

But he did catch a break. He is a tenured full professor which makes it very difficult for UCONN to terminate his employment. UCONN didn't fire him and he's made considerable profit by doing the book, TV guest, pop-sci/alt-sci lecture tour. An instructor more junior to his full professorship status would likely have been canned.

Thanks :), I've been scouring the internet for real possibilities of time travel, I just want to send a message to my 2010 self. What do you think of Dr. Robert Mallett's experiments in time travel? I hope he succeeds.

Darby covered Dr. Mallett very well. No need for me to comment about Dr. Mallett.

With the Telluric Currents mentioned in my post, research to date demonstrates that the phenomenon is un-predictable; don't know exactly when or where an anomaly will occur, how long they last, nor what time periods are involved.

The only clues are the descriptions provided by people that experienced 'something' in a particular region along the Southern Texas - Louisiana Coastline (Trinity Bay area).

Even if the power company worker had said something to the men on the ground, IF they were indeed of a band of Native Americans that haven't existed for several hundreds of years and IF the time period they belonged within was pre- 1700's or even further back, don't think anything the power company worker might have said to them would have been understood.

If he, or any of the other people that have experienced encounters in that region had the intent of trying to pass along a message to themselves, couldn't tell you if that would work. Everything of a specific time period seems to stay within their respective era's, so am guessing that even if someone was at the right place, at the right time, and tossed a durable sign of some sort during the event, would say that the sign would stay within the time period it belongs. (If someone in the year of 2013 tossed the sign, it would stay in 2013).

Plus it should be mentioned that that region is extremely dangerous, and not a place for anyone who isn't an experienced outdoorsman to go.

As mentioned previously, I do believe that the region does hold some interesting possibilites for time travel research.

Whether someone could pass along any information to themselves - from what I've collected through my research ; it might be possible, but at this time - improbable.

Darby covered Dr. Mallett very well. No need for me to comment about Dr. Mallett.

With the Telluric Currents mentioned in my post, research to date demonstrates that the phenomenon is un-predictable; don't know exactly when or where an anomaly will occur, how long they last, nor what time periods are involved.

The only clues are the descriptions provided by people that experienced 'something' in a particular region along the Southern Texas - Louisiana Coastline (Trinity Bay area).

Even if the power company worker had said something to the men on the ground, IF they were indeed of a band of Native Americans that haven't existed for several hundreds of years and IF the time period they belonged within was pre- 1700's or even further back, don't think anything the power company worker might have said to them would have been understood.

If he, or any of the other people that have experienced encounters in that region had the intent of trying to pass along a message to themselves, couldn't tell you if that would work. Everything of a specific time period seems to stay within their respective era's, so am guessing that even if someone was at the right place, at the right time, and tossed a durable sign of some sort during the event, would say that the sign would stay within the time period it belongs. (If someone in the year of 2013 tossed the sign, it would stay in 2013).

Plus it should be mentioned that that region is extremely dangerous, and not a place for anyone who isn't an experienced outdoorsman to go.

As mentioned previously, I do believe that the region does hold some interesting possibilites for time travel research.

Whether someone could pass along any information to themselves - from what I've collected through my research ; it might be possible, but at this time - improbable.

Have you any links/further info about the power worker time slip? I read recently that the founding father of analytical psychology, Carl Jung had an infamous time-slip experience....

Have you any links/further info about the power worker time slip? I read recently that the founding father of analytical psychology, Carl Jung had an infamous time-slip experience....

Mylo,

Apparently you didn't read my previous post for content. In that post, if you read it correctly, you have a university professor and research physicist who started his research with tenuous and faulty assumptions and ended up believing what he wanted to believe while going down the wrong road.

In your above post you make a tenuous and faulty assumption, "Carl Jung had an infamous time-slip experience." Who said he had a "time-slip" experience? Did Jung say that or did someone on an alt-sci Internet website/forum/blog use those words? Carl Jung may have experienced something but calling it a time slip is hearing what you want to hear. What evidence, as measured against all the rest of human psychology, is there that whatever Jung expereinced equates to something related to time travel?

Don't be a lemming and go down the road of peer suggestion just because it sounds good. Don't make faulty assumptions. Ask the right questions. Do that and you won't suffer from Mallett's Syndrome. ;)

In your above post you make a tenuous and faulty assumption, "Carl Jung had an infamous time-slip experience." Who said he had a "time-slip" experience? Did Jung say that or did someone on an alt-sci Internet website/forum/blog use those words? Carl Jung may have experienced something but calling it a time slip is hearing what you want to hear. What evidence, as measured against all the rest of human psychology, is there that whatever Jung expereinced equates to something related to time travel?

Yes quite right. I do not know the details of what Jung experienced, all I read is that he was supposed to have had experienced a time-slip. The article was referring to time-slips in general, and Jung's name was mentioned within it. After having read your comment and doing a quick search on google, it appears that Jung wrote about some sort of experience in Galla Placidia within his auto-biography. When I get the chance, I'll have a read of what he wrote.

Yes quite right. I do not know the details of what Jung experienced, all I read is that he was supposed to have had experienced a time-slip. The article was referring to time-slips in general, and Jung's name was mentioned within it. After having read your comment and doing a quick search on google, it appears that Jung wrote about some sort of experience in Galla Placidia within his auto-biography. When I get the chance, I'll have a read of what he wrote.

Perfect. Do your own research and find out what Jung actually said about his experience.

Ron Mallett, father died so he wants to build a time machine to go back and prevent his death. The article I read about him also mentions the work of Frank Tipler. I'm more interested in Tipler's ideas.

Has anybody here have seen the film frequency? is that kind of time travel possible?
It's one of my favorite movies. If you liked it, you might also enjoy the Gregory Benford novel, "Timescape". That book may have been the inspiration for the Zeshua story here on TTI between 2005 and 2009.

My opinion is - time communication will be achieved first and physical time travel second. If/when they become available, it's highly unlikely any average person will have access to it. Twelve men have walked on the Moon, nobody has been to Mars yet.

Given enough time, energy, and commitment, all things are possible - no matter how unlikely they may seem.
Did Nikola Tesla ever experimented on time travel does he have any theories? :)
When someone gives me a ride to the past, I'll ask him. ;)

I'm fairly familiar with Tesla and have a lot of notes on him, his work and some of his actual notes (copies) from Colorado Springs and several books on him. I forget where this came from but I had copied this into some of my notes:
" In 1895, while conducting research with his step-up transformer, Nikola Tesla had his first indications that time and space could be influenced by using highly charged, rotating magnetic fields. Part of this revelation came about from Tesla's experimentation with radio frequencies and the transmission of electrical energy through the atmosphere. Tesla's simple discovery would, years later, lead to the infamous Philadelphia Experiment and the Montauk time travel projects. But even before these highly top-secret military programs came about, Tesla made some fascinating discoveries on the nature of time and the real possibilities of time travel.

With these experiments in high-voltage electricity and magnetic fields, Tesla discovered that time and space could be breached, or warped, creating a "doorway" that could lead to other time frames. But with this monumental discovery, Tesla also discovered, through personal experience, the very real dangers inherent with time travel.

Tesla's first brush with time travel came in March 1895. A reporter for the New York Herald wrote on March 13 that he came across the inventor in a small café, looking shaken after being hit by 3.5 million volts, "I am afraid," said Tesla, "that you won't find me a pleasant companion tonight. The fact is I was almost killed today. The spark jumped three feet through the air and struck me here on the right shoulder. If my assistant had not turned off the current instantly in might have been the end of me."

Tesla, on contact with the resonating electromagnetic charge, found himself outside his time-frame reference. He reported that he could see the immediate past - present and future, all at once. But he was paralyzed within the electromagnetic field, unable to help himself. His assistant, by turning off the current, released Tesla before any permanent damage was done. A repeat of this very incident would occur years later during the Philadelphia Experiment. "
Many of Tesla's notes were confiscated upon his death and although most think the FBI took them the FBI claims they do not have them. I suspect someone higher up the totem pole took them from the FBI ;)

Sounds like Tesla needed a Faraday cage. If I could travel to the past, he'd be the guy I'd look up. Then, I'd give Edison a foot up his bum for what he did to Tesla.

I like your avatar, Maverick1,

"If you wish to understand the universe,
think of energy, frequency and vibration"--
Tesla.

All,
Don't you think Tesla's reportedly being an eugenisist
inconsistent with the strict moral code by which he lived?

[...]Everything of a specific time period seems to stay within their respective era[s...]
Hello, KerrTexas.

I know of a case where a woman traces her photographic memory
to the parents of a woman born in the mid-1800s. A few things
about her gift lend credence to her having 'cellular' memories,
e.g. her ability is limited to their specialized area of expertise. And
a professor, known for giving impossible tests and using a curve,
was satisfied that she could both reproduce any part of the text
from memory and thoroughly explain it as well.

Going back to the controversy over Jung: in 1933 he revisited the tomb of Galla Placeda in Ravenna after a 20 year gap, and was surprised by four great mosaic frescos that he couldn't recall seeing before. He was impressed by the mosaics and could recall every detail of them in his autobiography. Unable to find any photos of them, he later asked a friend who was going to Ravenna to take pictures of them, only to discover that no such mosaics existed. The lady who had been there with Jung refused to believe this for many years afterwards. See Jung, Memories, Dreams, Reflections (1961), ch. 9, Travels. A fairly obvious time-slip, after all. Actually one of Jung's less extraordinary visionary experiences.

Back