"The future ain't what it used to be."

Future Sight And Psychic Premonition's.

eXo

Timekeeper
Future Sight And Psychic Premonition\'s.

I dont know exactly where to postt his so I thought I would post this here.

Do Any Of You Have What Are Called Premonition's? I do...

Every Other Dream I Have Is A Look Into The Future... And When That Time Comes I Dont Know What To Do About It. Everytime It Happens It Comes So Fast Unexspectly. When I Do Have These Premonition's I Try To Memorize My Surroundings And It Doesnt Seem To Work. Or Sometimes In The Middle Of The Day I'll Go Into A Dream Like State And Forget Everthing I'm Doing And Just... Well You Understand... But These Premonitions And Future Sight The Events They Unfold Dont Happen Right Away... It's Either In A Day, 2 Day's, A Week, Weeks, Sometime's Months... It's Strange To Get These All The Time And Not Be Able To Do Anything About Them...So Let Me Hear Your Opinions On This Subject.

Re: Future Sight And Psychic Premonition\'s.

I have preomonitions, usually at random while awake, but one or two at night too. I see anywhere from five minutes to five weeks into the future.. but I cannot tell when easilly.

Just how are you able to see into the future? How do you you're seeing the future? Not some figment of your imagination? I know there are parts of the brain which apparently do not have a function. These could be used to see the future but how, why should a bunch of cells, basically phospholipid membranes, proteins, genetic information and other cell substructures be able to bend, even ripo through space time and tell you an unimportant future event. Sound stupid? A little, OK supposing this could happen how would the infomation obtained by this mass of cells be comprehended by the rest of the brain? Given that information you obtain would be useless unless somehow this mass of cell was also in possession of some extremely complex reference table. Starting to sound like fiction?

Now the incredibly new concept of Deja vu. OK, this is where you see, imagine, dream or remember a situation, generally accepted to be an action or something you see and hear. Then in your everyday life a situation occurs which is similar, your brain then convinces you reguardless of the degree of similarity that what you have just witnessed, you have seen before. A kind of vision from the future. No just visually triggerred memory (for christ's sake)!!!!!!!!

Good Scientist

Good_Scientist, what's your point?

The_Doctor says he has preomonitions. I also have such dreams occasionally. I know that they are genuine, because they come true.

The fact that I don't know the mechanism behind these dreams, does not make them any less real. The fact that you can't think of such a mechanism, does not make the phenomena any less real either.

No, that is true, it's like gravity I suppose.
My point is what eXo described is deja vu, of course the premonition comes true, I've explained all of this already so I'm not going to again. It's a mind trick.
I don't have premonitions, nor does anyone I know and if we could all do it or even just some of us, then we would know surely by now.

Good Scientist

I don't have premonitions, nor does anyone I know and if we could all do it or even just some of us, then we would know surely by now.

How would we "surely know" without proper research?

Is there any serious scientific research into the subject? I don't know of any.

There are crackpots who practice bad scientific methodology and "prove" premonitions are genuine. There are skeptics who spend five minutes learning the claimed evidence, and then spend five hours debunking them without paying close attention. And of-course, there are the charlatans which out-right lie about their results.

How can anybody "know for sure" anything in such a research-hostile environment?

Your missing the point. Proper research has been done, look for it. Psychologists have been researching this for years. In fact they even do experiments like this in the second year of their standard degree.
You are right though we will never definitely know...zz.zz.zz

Good Scientist

Destiny is it? who knows? nobody. If in fact people have premonitions, I have yet to hear anyone correctly predict the future without either it being an obvious guess or something that was 99.9 percent probably due to a pattern, so this is not my opinion, but just something to throw out there for people who do believe. Perhaps we do follow a specific path, or even a vague path with predetermined milestones in our lives, if so then you could be either one step ahead at times or something/one is giving you a clue on what to do next? you don t remember it but you're subconciosuly searching for it and when you get there then that leg of your life quest is complete. I prefer to think i m free, but dunno, just food for thought. im sure most of you have contemplated this possible event in one way or another.

I like to think I'm in control in my own life, but I've seen too many "coincindences" in my life to find that true. In the summer before fifth grade, I could've chosen to play violin, clairinet, or flute, those were the three I was torn between. I already had a violin, but my aunt got me a flute, so, in order not to hurt her feelings, I played flute. Two years later, in seventh grade, there were about 15 flutes, and one lone French Horn, so my band teacher asked if some of the flutes wanted to play French Horn, which was my dream. The "coincidence," was that I was thinking about that dream and talking to my friends about it just five minutes before. In my young, somewhat naive mind, I find that to be too big, to be just a coincidence, both the fact that I chose flute, to later switch to the instrument of my dreams, and the fact that I was discussing French Horn, just before my band teacher bringing this to our attention. Also, I often call people just as they walk in the door, or just as the toast is about to pop up, walk into the kitchen, or I've thought about something my friends usually fill us in on, just to find out later in the day that they're discussing it. Sorry for the length, but I'm trying to pull across a point, that needs to be explained in detail.

Odd events can happen. In the usual way of life, they get dissolved into the past as we move forward along this path of time, whatever that is. The mind tries to make order out of random events. Construction of some pretty powerful beliefs has originated from the effort.

The mind always returns to a point of balance. Odd happenings are observed and immediately dismissed as they are of no practical use in physical survival. They happen, that's it.

There are crackpots who practice bad scientific methodology and "prove" premonitions are genuine. There are skeptics who spend five minutes learning the claimed evidence, and then spend five hours debunking them without paying close attention. And of-course, there are the charlatans which out-right lie about their results.

If everything is a vibration (IE. Animals & Earthquakes in terms of this relevance), I don't see why something in QM can't have a vibration in this regard.
Even if that statement is perceived true, then we come back to perception/reception.

See the thing here is I see people generally saying it "is" possible or "not" possible.
Now, is this statement in terms of a future event having "a vibration" or the possibility of our brain's ability to register it?

This is where QM and spirituality get interesting.

Back