"The future ain't what it used to be."

Has anyone else heard of this "Urban Legend"?

Mylo.X.

Timekeeper
I came across this on facebook and wondered if anybody else had come across this story, and if so, can shed any more light on it?

"There is, or WAS a family in the Tampa Bay Area who had told a really wild story to the St. Pete Times newspaper about their son coming home as a grown man only DAYS AFTER he had drowned in their pool as a youth! He had expressed his interest in the political situation in the US and apparently packed his family up and they left Tampa, just disappeared overnight. The left so fast that the newspaper called to clarify the spelling of a man's name in their story...and the phone was disconnected, the home emptied and the whole neighborhood being left in shock."

There are despicable con men out there that use the obituaries to find victims. This sounds like it could be a scam like that.

Well Einstein, you have opened a different can of worms now.

In Mylo.X.'s post the "urban legend" states; "There is, or WAS a family in the Tampa Bay Area who had told a really wild story to the St. Pete Times newspaper about their son coming home as a grown man only DAYS AFTER he had drowned in their pool as a youth!"
I don't recall Titor drowning. Do you? Perhaps in one of your "dead and then not dead" alternate timeline/universes?
But, was Titor a con artist, now that is interesting.
I firmly believe he was a "phony" perpetrating an internet hoax. To what purpose, I can't say for sure, but it does appear he had some kind of interaction with "more than one" female on line. How intimate were those interactions? Again, I don't know but, one, who posted here john titor....are you looking for a way home? | Page 3 | Time Travel Institute, seems to indicate it was very personal. That activity, meeting women online while presenting yourself in a provocative manner, is one of the techniques of a con man so, in that light, yes, he quite possibly was.

Well Einstein, you have opened a different can of worms now.

In Mylo.X.'s post the "urban legend" states; "There is, or WAS a family in the Tampa Bay Area who had told a really wild story to the St. Pete Times newspaper about their son coming home as a grown man only DAYS AFTER he had drowned in their pool as a youth!"
I don't recall Titor drowning. Do you? Perhaps in one of your "dead and then not dead" alternate timeline/universes?
But, was Titor a con artist, now that is interesting.
I firmly believe he was a "phony" perpetrating an internet hoax. To what purpose, I can't say for sure, but it does appear he had some kind of interaction with "more than one" female on line. How intimate were those interactions? Again, I don't know but, one, who posted here john titor....are you looking for a way home? | Page 3 | Time Travel Institute, seems to indicate it was very personal. That activity, meeting women online while presenting yourself in a provocative manner, is one of the techniques of a con man so, in that light, yes, he quite possibly was.

Yes, I do believe someone may have pulled off a successful impersonation of John. Obviously for a different motive than the original John. I remember the old saying, "All's Fair in Love and War"

Titor was definitely a hoax and whoever was behind it tried to profit from the hoax. There is a company "The John Titor Foundation" based in Florida that has copyright to various aspects of the Titor story, such as his military insignia. It also published a very unsuccessful book.

In a sense, yes, Titor was a con artist. He just wasn't very good at monetizing the myth.

Back