"The future ain't what it used to be."

IBM 5100 on sale at Ebay

"EDIT: newbie, just track the guy down and ask him. haha. Seriously though, I'm sure it's not that hard."

Track the GUY-Roger Bowler. I saw he is POSTING on Forums and there is an Yahoo group where he is making updates on that emulator.

On the VERY FIRST REPLY TO THIS THREAD I said this is an OPPURTUNITY to DEBUNK JT.

GO ON Track him DOWN. I thought of contacting him, just then I gave up thinking he wouldn't reveal if he got the codes from a tweaked IBM 5100 and I wouldn't further waste my time on this.

But he wrote this on the site:

Back when Y2K was the buzzword of the day and everyone was doing remediation, I gathered together a lot of date manipulation routines I had written in prior years. They were originally written in COBOL, BASIC, and even Microsoft MASM. From this hodgepodge collection, I believe that I have put together a set of routines that will do just about anything one could want to do with a date. And when I rewrote them, they ended up in 370 Assembler.

Unfortunately, OS/360 was not Y2K clean. IBM never provided patches for it. So I decided to learn assembler to fix OS/360, while ignoring people telling me, that a fix is impossible. It was much easier than thought. The affected parts of the source sometimes had comments with 'please patch here', if one is used to read between the lines.

If you can't understand what this emulator issue is about, ask newbie to explain it to you.

May be RMT can do a financing for buying this IBM 5100 and examine it and prove Titor is a HOAX, cuz he is going to finance the worldwide HOAX party where he might serve beef steaks for dinner as against the MAD COW Disease(a good suggestion I thought I might give for the hoax party) /ttiforum/images/graemlins/yum.gif

Wasting your time trying to "validate" the Titor story is one thing

I guess I wasn’t wasting my time. I found out WHAT I needed to know.

you are really being scientific when you are not

RMT, I admit I am not scientific enough. I am not as scientific as you. But here is an example of how what I said became somewhat validated. In this thread I said Donut shaped singularity of TT is correct when someone was trying to debunk on that subject and called it FANTACY(you were on his side).

http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/ttiforum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=time_travel&Number=33869&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=all

But when Mop provided a link dealing with that subject, I think you didn’t even cared to look into it.

http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/ttiforum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=time_travel&Number=34344&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

OK that’s it. I’m not gonna reply anymore to this thread, that’s what the policy MEM is following. But don’t forget the steak!!!!

That poem bugs me man...

Don't waste yer $ on a 5100, it definatly has a mainframe hardware and s/w in there. Roger Bowler might have received the OS/360 source on a floppy and used the assembly op-code chart to build it from scratch though, who knows.

Hi Herc,

Let's get the facts straight here.

But here is an example of how what I said became somewhat validated. In this thread I said Donut shaped singularity of TT is correct when someone was trying to debunk on that subject and called it FANTACY(you were on his side).

1) I have never argued against any statement that torodial shaped of singularities MAY be part of one solution to time travel. In fact, if you look at my posts on the inward/outward spirals, you will see an animated GIF from the Meru site which is torodial in its geometry.
2) The article in Nature discusses a THEORY. They have not actually built a working time machine based on these principles. THAT would be validation. And moreover, none of this validates anything with respect to Titor's story. People have had theories of the universe being shaped as a toroid since well back into the 90s if not earlier.
3) The other link you provide to another thread here does not show me trying to debunk anything about toroid geometry. I was on his side because of the issue of having to account for the motion of the earth through space. His analysis was highly scientific, and THAT was why I was on his side. I don't believe I ever said anything about toroidal shaped singularities in that thread.

But when Mop provided a link dealing with that subject, I think you didn’t even cared to look into it.
I did read it. Nice article, nice theory. All is good. I gave no comment because I saw nothing wrong with the article and nothing at all stating "here is proof that Titor was real". The article was quite responsible in framing it as a THEORY. In fact, here is the most responsible quote in the article (the bolds are my adds):

In theory , it should be possible to travel back to any point in time after the time machine was built, reports Ori in Physical Review Letters1. One slight snag is that he has not worked out how to generate the gravitational doughnut, although he has some ideas. " It's wild speculation , but you may need to move large masses rapidly in a circular motion," Ori says.

That is responsible science. Yet when I read some of your posts here, I see a writing style that seems to sound more definitive about the things Titor said, and how they could be real. This is the kind of stuff I will challenge, as your science behind it is weak... you are engaging in speculation, and I am trying to frame it as such and point out that it is not scientific.

But don’t forget the steak!!!!
Nice suggestion, but that's a bit pricey. Too pricey for a Titor is BS party.
And if you are from India, I would assume (perhaps incorrectly) that you would not partake of either the steak or the burgers. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RMT

This line:

>>>>>
I would like to examine the software you mentioned; perhaps I can further justify my side-trip.
<<<<<

is about a piece of psionic software that someone (Vega) was wanting him (JT) to look at while he was here, and offered that piece of software (relaxation type software -- biofeedback type brain wave alpha type relaxation software ) to JT while he was making his posts in "I am from 2036" on the old Art Bell BBS Post to Post Forum!
It has nothing to do with anything else, that was discussed about computer problems at any time!

is about a piece of psionic software that someone (Vega) was wanting him (JT) to look at while he was here, and offered that piece of software (relaxation type software -- biofeedback type brain wave alpha type relaxation software ) to JT while he was making his posts in "I am from 2036" on the old Art Bell BBS Post to Post Forum!
It has nothing to do with anything else, that was discussed about computer problems at any time!

OK man, I am not gonna contradict you. What you say is 100% TRUE. :D

Wait, hold on! you trying to say the research I did was NOT CORRECT? Here's what it is:

Posted by Ernie Vega on 02-09-2001 07:16 PM
The new .net platform from microsoft has the capability to integrate all the languages you mentioned + all the ones I mentioned. Would it not be easier to write in the original language instead of having a machine translation?

But as you think, YOU are CORRECT!!! I am WRONG /ttiforum/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I thought I’d pull-over, but I want an explanation from YOU how he was “HIGHLY SCIENTIFIC” in his analysis.

His DEBUNKING THEORY says the machine remains CONSISTENT on EARTH.

IF IT has to remain consistent, it can disturb the ground. BUT TITOR CLAIMS the MACHINE takes it ALONG FOR THE RIDE to ANOTHER WORLDLINE.

COME ON RMT, forget the Psy Op thing and emotions. Lets look at this issue SCIENTIFICALLY.

The FACT I pointed OUT is SCIENTIFIC.

IT is possible ONLY IF TITOR is dropping into an ALTERNATE timeline.

Rather his and YOUR ARGUMENT INSIST that he is TRAVELLING BACK IN TIME TO THE EXACT WORLDLINE while Titor’s TT is based on MULTIVERSE CONCEPT.

Of course I am NOT providing any evidence that multiverses exist, but as you say “SCIENTIFICALLY” this wasn’t a fair method of debunking.;)

I am from India, but I am not a vegetarian. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back