"The future ain't what it used to be."

Rhythm of Time

Re: Rhythm of Time: Telluric Currents

Thought you might enjoy this article, as the relationship between the earth's core and the telluric currents is certainly a strong one:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/12/17/first-measurement-of-magnetic-field-in-earths-core/

And especially this quote:

<font color="red"> The Earth’s magnetic field is produced in the outer two-thirds of the planet’s iron/nickel core. This outer core, about 1,400 miles thick, is liquid, while the inner core is a frozen iron and nickel wrecking ball with a radius of about 800 miles – roughly the size of the moon. The core is surrounded by a hot, gooey mantle and a rigid surface crust.

The cooling Earth originally captured its magnetic field from the planetary disk in which the solar system formed. That field would have disappeared within 10,000 years if not for the planet’s internal dynamo, which regenerates the field thanks to heat produced inside the planet. The heat makes the liquid outer core boil, or “convect,” and as the conducting metals rise and then sink through the existing magnetic field, they create electrical currents that maintain the magnetic field. This roiling dynamo produces a slowly shifting magnetic field at the surface.

“You get changes in the surface magnetic field that look a lot like gyres and flows in the oceans and the atmosphere, but these are being driven by fluid flow in the outer core,” Buffett said. [/COLOR]

Now, whether those currents contain enough power to warp spacetime (my informed supposition is they are not even close) is another matter altogether.

RMT

The title of the article made me chuckle. lol. Was an interesting read, thank-you for the link.

...whether those currents contain enough power to warp spacetime (my informed supposition is they are not even close) is another matter altogether.

Agreed. Under "normal" conditions, the currents may not exhibit enough power to warp space-time.

However, the potential of watt the currents in the Electrical Environment might be capable of doing under certain conditions ( i.e., magnetic storm ) does result in known and UN-known "effects"; There are still questions that have yet to be completely satisfied.

<font color="red">The fundamental causes of telluric currents are produced either through electromagnetic induction by the time-varying, external-origin geomagnetic field OR whenever a conducting body ( such as sea water ) moves across the Earth's permanent magnetic field.

The complexities associated with telluric currents arise from the complexities in the external sources and in the conductivity of the Earth itself.[/COLOR]

The Earths Electrical Environment <font color="red"> [/COLOR]

However, the potential of watt the currents in the Electrical Environment might be capable of doing under certain conditions ( i.e., magnetic storm ) does result in known and UN-known "effects"; There are still questions that have yet to be completely satisfied.

Though true that we don't have all the answers, we do have a laboratory nearby with which we can and do study electrical phenomena that don't occur on Earth.

We have the sun - an electrical dynamo that cannot be recreated on Earth. With all of its mass, gravity and multi-thousand kilometer long "lightning bolts" covering its entire surface it manages to warp spacetime by about 1.7 arcseconds at grazing incidence along its limb. Time travel to the past requires a closed timelike curve and the sun falls short by a factor of 76,235. 1.7 arcseconds is 1/76,235ths of a closed loop.

Is it possible that an odd set of curcumstances could sumultaneously occur on a star that results in a CTC (other than gravitational collapse into a black hole or some other "end of stellar life" event, i.e. we assume that the star remains on the Main Sequence)? Its possible, I guess. Quantum uncertanty does not rule it out. But our sun has been churning and burning away for about 4 billion years and it hasn't happened yet. That's pretty long odds.

Understood, and I agree with what you're pointing out. From my point-of-view, here are these accounts of people encountering Warriors of a Native American tribe that hasn't existed for approx. 300 years.

The most likely explainations as to why these encounters are taking place are probably one of two reasons.

1) Pranksters
2) Decendents of the original tribe

1a) The problem with this possibility is that the range of the occurances makes it unlikely that any particular group has been doing this through-out the years.

IF it is a group of pranksters, they are going all out, not only with the appropriate attire, but also going so far as to shoot an "era appropriate" arrow at an armed Law Enforcement Officer. Game Wardens are a wily bunch, and for one not to be able to track a group of pranksters, would also seem to be unlikely. If I shot an arrow at a Game Warden, in the effort to "run away", I know I wouldn't be taking the time to 'not' leave behind some signs that I was there. I'm not talking about personal items being dropped on the ground, but normal tracking signs...bent grass, bent and broken branches, footprints, etc. .

2a) IF they are decendents of the original tribe, and are still hiding out in the swamps, following the traits of the original tribe, would be difficult to track. The original Karankawa were known for their stealth like abilities in sneaking up on enemies.

However, with this as a possbile reason for the encounters, it would seem that someone, somewhere, would have come across remnants of their encampments. However great the Karankawa might have been as outdoorsmen, a mistake would be made sometime, and evidence of their existence discovered.

Of the two "reasonable" explainations for the encounters, I tend to lean towards the possibility that the people being encountered are remnants of the original tribe. Possibly dressing-up ( or dressing down ) and partaking in the customs of their ancestors.

Even then, it takes time to develop the skills to completely vanish into the wilderness, and not leave behind trackable evidence.

I just found it interesting that with the instance of the lineman, that he was called out to repair a power line that had been affected by a telluric current anomaly, and the region is known for high telluric activities.

Another factor to take into consideration, it is one thing to discuss typing away on the keyboard, quite another to actually go into that area, personally.

Regarding Pahana, somebody did in fact visit the Hopi Tribe in the past. That he may have said that other white men were coming that were not like him...have to wonder what he meant by that statement, i.e. "not like him..." ?

Although the story of Pahana can be reasonably explained, still remains a mystery as to who Pahana was in fact. From the descriptions of Pahana, that he might have been a Knight Templar, also opens a door of mystery, with more questions, then answers.

As unlikely as time travel might be as an explaination, still is "fun" to contemplate, and also provides the foundation for learning about concepts that might otherwise have gone un-noticed. As mentioned, I have been having a grand ol'time in learning about Geomagnetics and playing around with the resources available.

Understood, and I agree with what you're pointing out. From my point-of-view, here are these accounts of people encountering Warriors of a Native American tribe that hasn't existed for approx. 300 years.

The most likely explainations as to why these encounters are taking place are probably one of two reasons.

1) Pranksters
2) Decendents of the original tribe

There is the other possibility that the accounts of these encounters have been fabricated. However, I find your whole story fascinating. Your account reminds me of other descriptions of the alleged "Time Slip" phenomena. The subject of time-slips ans common factors was brought up recently in another thread. Years ago I previously heard a story from somebody who is from the same place as my wife (in South East Asia). The story is similar in someways to your story and some of the accounts documented by Jenny Randles. Of course, all this information is anecdotal, but I find it interesting none-the-less:

"I remember walking with my grandma at around 8pm in a pretty dark and misty area, suddenly, we both saw people dressed in 1800s attire. Spanish soldiers walking around with torches and knife-rifle on their hands. Sure some of them were looking at us but my granny said...keep going as if she had already been through that experience before. We continued walking and ignoring them. Minutes later, we found ourselves back where we were like we havent left at all. Granny looked at the time and she said we spent about half an hour dealing with that experience."

Note that the person recalling the story describes a "mist". There are many other catalogued accounts by Jenny Randles, who report the sight of a mist or fog during the phenomena . I have not other information to offer about the account I have just relayed. However, here is an authentically reported story in an Australian newspaper, dated 1946 (The Western Mail). Titled, "Weird Story", please note the report of a "fog". Is this story evidence of an alleged time-slip? Did the writer fabricate the story in order for it be published? If so, was it coincidence that his time-slip story also included the sight of fog? Like I said, all very interesting.

01 Aug 1946 - Weird Story

There is the other possibility that the accounts of these encounters have been fabricated. However, I find your whole story fascinating. Your account reminds me of other descriptions of the alleged "Time Slip" phenomena. The subject of time-slips ans common factors was brought up recently in another thread. Years ago I previously heard a story from somebody who is from the same place as my wife (in South East Asia). The story is similar in someways to your story and some of the accounts documented by Jenny Randles. Of course, all this information is anecdotal, but I find it interesting none-the-less:

"I remember walking with my grandma at around 8pm in a pretty dark and misty area, suddenly, we both saw people dressed in 1800s attire. Spanish soldiers walking around with torches and knife-rifle on their hands. Sure some of them were looking at us but my granny said...keep going as if she had already been through that experience before. We continued walking and ignoring them. Minutes later, we found ourselves back where we were like we havent left at all. Granny looked at the time and she said we spent about half an hour dealing with that experience."

Note that the person recalling the story describes a "mist". There are many other catalogued accounts by Jenny Randles, who report the sight of a mist or fog during the phenomena . I have not other information to offer about the account I have just relayed. However, here is an authentically reported story in an Australian newspaper, dated 1946 (The Western Mail). Titled, "Weird Story", please note the report of a "fog". Is this story evidence of an alleged time-slip? Did the writer fabricate the story in order for it be published? If so, was it coincidence that his time-slip story also included the sight of fog? Like I said, all very interesting.

01 Aug 1946 - Weird Story

That so many people fabricated their experiences, is possible, however, I am leaning towards the idea that maybe the experiences just were not as perceived; a good example of what I mean would be something like the Marfa 'ghost' Lights.

I read about them in several books that proclaimed that the phenomenon has been taking place for centuries, when in fact the reports of these lights began just after a highway had been constructed in a particular location, and it has been proven several times that the ghost lights are actually an anomaly created from automobile headlights and environmental factors.

( Why would the authors of the books mentioning the 'ghost' lights stretch the truth about when the experiences "really" started ? )

The people that have seen the Marfa 'ghost' lights actually did have the experiences, however, didn't accurately perceive what it was they had experienced.

As for the experiences in the Trinity Bay area, as interesting as the experiences may be, and perhaps some sort of time anomaly does take place there, I think I will have to go with distorted or exaggerated perceptions. All the people did indeed experience "something" - just wasn't what they thought.

The best way to prove (or disprove) the experiences as described by the people in the Trinity Bay area is to travel there in person and experience it for yourself.

I read about them in several books that proclaimed that the phenomenon has been taking place for centuries, when in fact the reports of these lights began just after a highway had been constructed in a particular location, and it has been proven several times that the ghost lights are actually an anomaly created from automobile headlights and environmental factors.

( Why would the authors of the books mentioning the 'ghost' lights stretch the truth about when the experiences "really" started ? )

The people that have seen the Marfa 'ghost' lights actually did have the experiences, however, didn't accurately perceive what it was they had experienced.

As for the experiences in the Trinity Bay area, as interesting as the experiences may be, and perhaps some sort of time anomaly does take place there, I think I will have to go with distorted or exaggerated perceptions. All the people did indeed experience "something" - just wasn't what they thought.
The best way to prove (or disprove) the experiences as described by the people in the Trinity Bay area is to travel there in person and experience it for yourself.

That's a fair conclusion to arrive at. Why do I get the feeling that you have changed your viewpoint somewhat from your earlier posts?

I maybe off topic here, but when I try to tell people that the ufo experience is not a new one, but has been experienced by people 100's of years ago, they look at me like I'm mad. (note: when I refer to ufo's, I do not necessarily mean Extraterrestrial crafts etc). Verifiable evidence of a ufo sighting that occurred in 14th century medieval China, can be found in the National Palace Museum, Taiwan. Here is a translation of a sighting by Liu Ying:

"“Rising at dawn, I saw through the window a brilliant light crossing the Milky Way. I then saw three glowing objects appearing in the southern part of the sky, two of which flew away disappearing rapidly from my view. What remained had five unequal lights underneath, while on its upper part I noticed something shaped like a dome. The unknown object began to move in zigzag in a similar fashion to a falling leaf. At the same time, something in flames fell from the sky. Shortly afterwards, the Sun rose but its luminosity was tarnished by the luminous object which moved rapidly in a northern direction. In the western part of the sky, a green cloud was suddenly agitated by another unknown object, which was oval in shape, flat, and was descending quickly. This object had a length of over nine feet and was surrounded by raging flames; it ascended and then descended. In view of this splendid and emotional spectacle, I ran towards the village to alert its dwellers. As my friends walked out of their houses, the flying contraption disappeared.”

The reason I share this is because people experience things, that at the time seem inexplicable and may perceive the experience differently to what actually occurred. But with the ufo sighting above, it is very hard to imagine what other "phenomena" Liu Ying could have experienced other than that of a ufo (as what many people nowadays purport to witness). Similarly, "time-slip" accounts appear to have similar components to them, that makes one think.

Hey Milo that's a very interesting account. Especially as this medieval gentleman knew full well that these were manufactured objects : he calls the last a "flying contraption"

Hey Milo that's a very interesting account. Especially as this medieval gentleman knew full well that these were manufactured objects : he calls the last a "flying contraption"

It is a translation. The original untranslated script can be found in the National Palace Museum in Taiwan. Don't forget that in medieval China, "contraptions" were used to plant seeds in the fields, by way of a seed drill. The Chinese were using "contraptions" to plough their fields, they were using "contraptions" to deep drill. If it's the use of the translated word "contraption" you're questioning, this word is as appropiate as any to use imo, to describe a flying object.

Indeed it would be an apt word. I meant that by using the word "contraption" he knew it was a machine or a manufactured object, not a natural or supernatural one.

Indeed it would be an apt word. I meant that by using the word "contraption" he knew it was a machine or a manufactured object, not a natural or supernatural one.

Ah, I gotcha. Just to add, if ufo's are real, then it wouldn't be unreasonable to speculate that they could be the true time travellers.

Ah, I gotcha. Just to add, if ufo's are real, then it wouldn't be unreasonable to speculate that they could be the true time travellers.

I agree that is a more reasonable speculation than that they are interstellar visitors. It would explain why they are not crazy about interacting with us .

That's a fair conclusion to arrive at. Why do I get the feeling that you have changed your viewpoint somewhat from your earlier posts?

I maybe off topic here, but when I try to tell people that the ufo experience is not a new one, but has been experienced by people 100's of years ago, they look at me like I'm mad. (note: when I refer to ufo's, I do not necessarily mean Extraterrestrial crafts etc). Verifiable evidence of a ufo sighting that occurred in 14th century medieval China, can be found in the National Palace Museum, Taiwan. Here is a translation of a sighting by Liu Ying:

"“Rising at dawn, I saw through the window a brilliant light crossing the Milky Way. I then saw three glowing objects appearing in the southern part of the sky, two of which flew away disappearing rapidly from my view. What remained had five unequal lights underneath, while on its upper part I noticed something shaped like a dome. The unknown object began to move in zigzag in a similar fashion to a falling leaf. At the same time, something in flames fell from the sky. Shortly afterwards, the Sun rose but its luminosity was tarnished by the luminous object which moved rapidly in a northern direction. In the western part of the sky, a green cloud was suddenly agitated by another unknown object, which was oval in shape, flat, and was descending quickly. This object had a length of over nine feet and was surrounded by raging flames; it ascended and then descended. In view of this splendid and emotional spectacle, I ran towards the village to alert its dwellers. As my friends walked out of their houses, the flying contraption disappeared.”

The reason I share this is because people experience things, that at the time seem inexplicable and may perceive the experience differently to what actually occurred. But with the ufo sighting above, it is very hard to imagine what other "phenomena" Liu Ying could have experienced other than that of a ufo (as what many people nowadays purport to witness). Similarly, "time-slip" accounts appear to have similar components to them, that makes one think.

To answer your question Mylo : Yes I have changed my perspective regarding several points, which upon further examination didn't pan out.

I am still interested in Telluric Currents and possible time travel, however, it seems that there aren't any verified, solid facts ( to date ) that support the idea that people have traveled through time ( or will ) - on purpose or by accident.

There are quite a few interesting "stories" that are difficult to explain, however, the reason why these accounts are hard to explain is because of missing information and duration of time as to when the 'mysterious' events occurred in the past.

Regarding the ufo events, Ezekiel's description of an experience that can be read in the Bible has some people thinking he witnessed an alien craft. But, hard to ask Ezekiel now-a-days exactly what happened to him. Thus anyone can construct some sort of story based on the mans words ( or their own while claiming Ezekiel said it when if fact he didn't ) to fit almost any proclamation, and Ezekiel isn't around to say yay or nay.

The story you posted, how do we really know a man named Liu Ying wrote such an account other than what someone has said ? I never have seen the 'evidence' and I am not able to read 14th century medieval Chinese. All I would have is the hope that the translator(s) are knowledgeable and honest.

Also, people now and in the past may witness events that are just nature in action, however, just didn't have "educated" knowledge of natural phenomenon. There are all kinds of unusual weather events that could easily be mistaken for something else.

However, I still DO believe there are mysterious/unusual events that exist and may have mind blowing explanations, and they are fun to discuss, compare and contemplate, yet, it is important to be skeptical and eliminate ALL other possibilities before proclaiming that any events are something other than what they really are - in fact.

The story you posted, how do we really know a man named Liu Ying wrote such an account other than what someone has said ? I never have seen the 'evidence' and I am not able to read 14th century medieval Chinese. All I would have is the hope that the translator(s) are knowledgeable and honest.

The actual authentic 1330 manuscript upon which the "sighting" was recorded by Liu Yin can be found at the National Palace Museum, Taiwan. Of course we can question if Liu Yin was the actual author, similarly we can question whether John was the actual author of the book of Revelations. Whether he (Liu) wrote it or not, an authentic 1330 manuscript still exists today of the "sighting". I suppose that in order to further validate the sighting "claim", one would need to travel to the Taiwanese museum with a person who was proficient in the language system that was spoken in medieval China. If the museum staff granted permission to examine the actual manuscript, then the translator could confirm whether or not this portion of the text was accurate:

"What remained had five unequal lights underneath, while on its upper part I noticed something shaped like a dome. The unknown object began to move in zigzag in a similar fashion to a falling leaf."

If accurate, then one could then begin to think of any natural phenomenon that the "sighting" could be mistaken for etc to get closer to the truth of the "sighting".

But it is good to hear that you still DO believe there are mysterious/unusual events that exist and may have mind blowing explanations. If every unusual event had a readily, explainable reason, then life would not be so interesting, imo. Lol.

I read some of your post, to me time travel is only possible forward as a time split, this is the only way logically possible (going back is paradoxical). Also this is the only way I road in old scriptures (somebody gone and come back hundreds years after). This might be the achievement of a great evolution of conscious toward a inside happiness that is giving our clock another time that makes us live longer and perceive time different.

Back