Semi-Linear Time

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Semi-Linear Time.

Semi-Linear Time refers to the idea of a linear projection of time as a construct of the mental processes in a brain (ie, turing-complete individual), but that this linear projection in turn affects the "temporal spin" of universes created by spatial or non-spatial events and as such shapes the perception of that individual's time-line. This allows for interaction between individuals occuping ever newly-created alternate universes. The universes that do happen to interact with eachother could be thought of as a collection of alternate universes, or a "collectiverse"

Simply put, that every decision one makes creates a similar, but different by one variable, universe to the one the inhabited previous to making that decision. The individuals affected by this decision do not have to be in the same exact universe, but due to the effect of "temporal closeness" in the spatial time frame, cohabitate both spatially AND temporally.

A multiverse like this would allow for a universe of both constant existential crisis and a universe of solipsism, where one individual truly creates everything. In fact, a representation of these two concepts may be used to plot a projection of the universe's location in what can be described as the multiverse's spatial time frame. It is thought that these projections can be used to predict time cycles, and thus predict future events in the timeline of a universe. If these time cycles could be predicted, it would show evidence of temporal closeness.

Even more simply put - given two events, the more like an event is to another event, the more likely that event is that other event.

The "Spatial Time Frame"

Temporal Spin refers to the affect spatial and non-spatial events have on the timeline perceived by a turing-complete individual. Temporal spin is useful as a tool to in helping to visualize an organization of time in, a semi-linear model of time.

Spatial events refer to actual decisions made by the individual to begin a movement. Spatial decisions are concrete spatial changes made by oneself or an outside force in one's surroundings via movement or locomotion. Some might claim that any spatial decision one might make is due to stimuli presented apon them, and as such, all spatial decisions are in fact made by an outside force. Nevertheless, they alter the surroundings of the individuals they affect, no matter how minutely or grandly. It is also the case that although a long-acting spatial decision, such as movement over a great distance of land, may appear to be made up of many spatial decisions, there is still one starting singularity of movement to it. All spatial decisions taking place during the length of time a previous spatial decision takes to complete (as cataloged by the brain) are known as incidental spatial decisions. Extrapolated into a larger scheme of things, these "syncopathic" decisions have a very small amount of affect on an individual's time line; however, as variables they add up and given enough statistical time, can have an affect. Statistical time refers to the use of quantum pulses as reference points in a spatial time frame. It is generally held that the longer it takes for a spatial decision to be perceived as completed, the more affect it has on future events, due to it's priority in the mind's linear catalog.

The linear catalog refers to not the actual mathmatical projection of the individual's timeline (their Z line), but merely the process of the perception of that timeline.

Any spatial decision's true "length of time" seems to be fairly subjective, as they are governed usually by more then one person's perception of the movement occuring from that decision. When people are paying close enough attention, however, the agreed apon length of time can get very precise.

Alternative universes making up the multiverse co-exist in the same spatial plane, however, the dimension of time also exhibits three spatial dimensions - "spatial time"; through which each individual's "timeline" is constructed via the individual's perception of events. This perception is cataloged into a linear timeframe by the mind. These timeframe's interact through the re-enactment of spatial events. These events are catagorized into two catagories - spatial or non-spatial. Non-spatial decisions affect temporal spin, but do not affect actual spatial change. A true spatial event is caused by a spacial decision - meaning the singularity of movement made by an individual. These spatial decisions, due to the nature of alternate universes in this multiverse, cause temporal spin. Temporal spin is the linear pattern your individual timeline takes in time's spatial plane due to the force of your's and outside force's decisions apon it. Temporal spin causes changes in your spatial time, which intersect at various cycles with other alternate universes. Temporal spin is also caused by larger cycles affecting the direction of smaller cycles.

These cycles are known as "time cycles". Time cycles are observable via a phenomenon known as "temporal closeness". If temporal closeness exists then days in which very many events are similar to eachother, and occur on the "same day" (but in a different "year"), then are actually ocurring very closely to eachother in spatial time, showing evidence of a time cycle. The more spread out the dates used for comparison, the better projection you will get of the time cycle at work.

Therefore, temporal spin affects the temporal closeness of two or more timelines. Through corresponding spatial and non-spatial decisions we interact with other individual's timelines, thus creating a tapestry of interweaving lives. It would seem likely that reoccurring events are directly related to time cycles, which are nothing more then patterns in timeline movement.

To give an idea of how a projection of a time-cycle might be acheived, one can inivision a multiverse in which, due to spatial decisions very quickly after the big bang, some alternate universes may exhibit vastly different physical laws - where 1 "actually" equals infinity. Also, invision a universe's timeline which never gets started, meaning the big bang perpetually keeps not occuring.

This allows for a better visualization of the principle at work. If one takes the universe where it (the universe) never began - the big bang didn't happen at every time a plausable (50/50) oppurtunity for it to do so arised - then you have what can be seen as an X-axis in a "spatial time frame". Then one can invision the universe where only one individual exists and reality is a complete construct of that individual (Solipsism), where one is, literally, everything, thus 1 = infinity. This 1 = inifnity can by seen as Y axis in this spatial time frame. An individual's timeline as it is perceived by the individual in their continued process of constructed linear time is seen as what can be described as Z, the line of depth in the spatial time frame. X, being nothing, Y being everything, and Z being what perception tells us it actually is.

The X can be seen as a constant of nothing, and one can place points along this line showing when a 50 percent probability of the big bang occuring (given of course, that in the z-line we as humans on earth mutually experience, the big bang did occur). This may be done by comparing days showing temporal closeness and projecting a linear pattern from them. The fact that the spatial time frame is merely a construct due to our brain's processing of data, however, doesn't stop one from calculating a kind of "pulse" from the add-up of statistical probablity of the big bang occurring randomly in a number of years and add the number it would take for existence to randomly destroy itself,and using that pulse to organize the timeline of existence by setting it as a reference event, thus making projections of time-cycles possible.

Projection of Time-Cycles:

It is not nessesary for the multiverse to allow alternate laws of physics for alternate universes in order for time cycles occuring in semi-linear time to be projected. How exactly one is to use this pulse as a reference point in the visual projection of time-cycles, however, is anyone's guess. Interestingly, the whole theory fits with the somewhat esoteric conjecture, made by David Deutschand others, that if you make your unconscious mind the object of scientific study (e.g. by conducting experiments) you will find that it behaves with the same complexity as the universe offered by realism. Therefore, the distinction between realism and solipsism collapses - what realism calls "the universe", solipsism calls "your unconscious mind", but these are just different names for the same thing: both are massively complex processes external to your conscious mind (in Semi-Linear time we use the concept of a "turing-complete individual") mind, and the cause of all your experiences.

In Semi-Linear Time we refer to the intersectment of these two alternate universes as "0", the X as "Ø" and the Y as "1". The Z curve retains the letter "Z" to designate it. In semi-linear time one must assume that because the big bang did occur in the universe one currently finds themselves in, that their individual Z line does not equal Ø, allow though due to temporal spin periodic interesection with Ø is possible.

One must assume that the widest timeframe of the universe at the moment of projection occured at the spatial decision of the big bang, thus one can compare the number of years the universe is said to exist with the number of years expected for the 2nd next quantum pulse. Using these two numbers one can plot one "complete time cycle", meaning two intersections at point 0, and be able to place the current universe being projected somewhere along that cycle. When drawn the curve is shown to be a sine wave.

Unfortunatly, this projection is not very interesting. To be able to place, and project, for the universe's position on line Z, one must first find the amount of temporal spin placed on that individual's timeline. As of now all we can do is predict the effects temporal spin might have.

Holy Samoli! Absolutely FANTASTIC treatise, Viceroy! Welcome and thank you for this thoughtful dissertation. And might I ask for which authority you act as Viceroy for?

There is so much in your post that resonates as "right on" with me, and also reflects my own theorizing and discussions on the interwoven fabric of Mass-Space-Time. There is much here to cogitate on, and I will no doubt address various aspects in later follow-ups. However, for now, let me deal with this:

These cycles are known as "time cycles". Time cycles are observable via a phenomenon known as "temporal closeness". If temporal closeness exists then days in which very many events are similar to eachother, and occur on the "same day" (but in a different "year"), then are actually ocurring very closely to eachother in spatial time, showing evidence of a time cycle.

Genius. Sheer genius. I probably don't have to point this out to you, Viceroy, but for the benefit of other's visualizations and connections with "known or questionable phenomenon", what you have laid-out here are the initial scientific principles that will eventually validate many concepts of astrology....the influence of heavenly bodies, in their cycles, on spatial events of mass. This can, and no doubt will, result in scientific explanations for why (as an example) I, as a Cancer, am very similar to many other people (current, past, and future) who were born under this sign.

I'll have more on your "X-Y-Z" coordinate descriptions of time cycles, as this aligns quite neatly with the same sort of conceptual development work I have been twiddling around.

Will you be sticking around? Maybe joining us on the Time Travel board? Kind Regards,
RainmanTime

Hey thank you for the kind words! I started working on this theory in an attempt to find a way one could "scientifically" predict the future (ie, "futurism"). In order for this to be done first you must truly understand the nature of time - something the "scientific community" only thinks its already done. There is are other models of time out there, but of course I think mine is the best (vanity ++). I'm glad you connected with it! It makes for a very spooky universe, where time-travel is basically inter-dimensional travel, and reincarnation is a scientific principle...

But even if I am way off, I think you are right... "everything" that's out there is sort of woven together like a tapestry - interacting and meshing together.

ps: If anyone has any thoughts or conjectures, or can't make sense of it (it's not written very plainly...) be sure to tell me. I would be eccastic if someone felt they had something to add to it.

Is that U Viceroy? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif It certainly reads like you.
In order for this to be done first you must truly understand the nature of time - something the "scientific community" only thinks its already done. There is are other models of time out there, but of course I think mine is the best (vanity ++).
Yeah, I sure do agree with you here. If you understand math and engineering concepts, you know about vectors. And I can talk spatial vectors with physicists all day long, and they nod their head. But as soon as I mention that Time might be a vector quantity, or that Mass definitely IS a vector quantity....they "show me the hand" and try to stop me with "no, you are wrong. Those are both scalar phenomenon." But I know better. And I can show how adopting 3-d vector concepts for both Mass and Time will not only solve some physical paradoxes, but I also believe it will allow us to understand how to achieve dimensional/time travel.

1st - Think about this. We all agree to the 3-D vector nature of Space. And if we also agree that the other two fundamental units by which we quantify physicality are Mass and Time, why is there any reason to believe they would be different than Space? If YOU were designing a universe, and wanted to keep it efficient, consistent, AND "cheap to create", then wouldn't you want these 3 fundamental measures to "act & interact in similar ways"? Maybe it's just me, but as a design engineer, I sure would.

2nd - The obvious proof that Mass is also a vector (capable of exhibiting polarity and 3-D orthogonality) is given by the very real concept of natural magnetism and magnetic fields. The very fact that a magnet, and the entire earth, generate polarized magnetic fields, and that they generate these fields in 3 dimensions, would indicate to me that Mass itself is a polarized vectorized substance....and sure enough, we have Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons...the X-Y-Z orthogonal scalar axes of the vector called Mass.

It makes for a very spooky universe, where time-travel is basically inter-dimensional travel, and reincarnation is a scientific principle...
Spooky until you get used to the fact as a new view of reality that always was this way. The first telephone was spooky to people of the day, to actually hear someone's voice who was so far away, and be able to interact with them realtime. To other people the first airplane was very spooky, because of how easily it can kill you. To some it still is spooky for that reason. Those who want to learn to time travel will learn to get over the spookiness, I'd guess.
If anyone has any thoughts or conjectures, or can't make sense of it (it's not written very plainly...) be sure to tell me. I would be eccastic if someone felt they had something to add to it.
I'd be willing to help you rewrite it and expand it, if you like. Some thoughts would be: <ul type="square"> [*]Add concept of the overall non-linear measure of time. In other words, the degree to which some phenomenon deviates from linear, thus being semi-linear. [*]Add some simple/basic difference equations to show how we measure spatial differences, time differences, and mass differences. [*]Tie-in temporal spin with the concept of quantum electron spin. [*]Introduce frequency, and show how it relates to time cycles. I have a wealth of info on this as I design control systems in the time and frequency domain. [*]I can give you some alternative ideas for how Time can be considered to have X, Y, and Z dimensions with regard to vector Mass-Space events. [/list]

If you'd like to collaborate here, or offboard/backchannel, feel free to PM me. Kind Regards,
RainmanTime