"The future ain't what it used to be."

Sending Messages to Your Past Self

Ryan Minor

Timekeeper
Hi everyone! I had a question regarding a thread that I think I read from this website. There was mention about being able to send messages to yourself in the past, which I assume is via email or something of the sort.

I am currently in a situation where this capability would completely turn my life in a positive direction if someone knows how to do this or knows someone that can help me out. Basically, on July 4th 2012 I made a decision that negatively affected my life majorly. To make a long story short, I made a decision with my head instead of my heart and soul. I am now realizing that the decision is not only the wrong one for me, but also for those involved. I wish to send myself some sort of message alerting myself of the results of the decision I was about to make so that I make the right one. That is all I want to do. I would need to receive this email on July 3rd 2012 at any time of the day/night.

So, what I am asking is does anyone know if this is possible and also how to do it? I really need to make this happen in order to better the lives of myself and several others.

There is just some things you have to go through. Let's say I sent a message to my past to be with someone I should be with before it is too late. Well I received the message and did not do what my future self told me to do. I ended up not being with that person even though I wanted to and my future self but I found out that she did not want it that way. If I would have told her that I loved her at that time of the meeting my future self suggested then maybe I would be with her. The weird thing is is that I have had that message for 8 years before I realized it and the meeting just happened. Nothing ever happens the way you want it to no matter if you do leave even a book for your past self to read. My suggestion is to just live with it. Sorry dude.

OK well this is... and isn't possible due to the fact the "TIME travel" isn't actually possible as you imagine it. its more like denominational travel... think of it like this. in the zero dimension the least amount of points in space possible is 1, in the first dimension the lest amount is 2, in the second the least is 3... now stop here. when we add a a minimum of 1 now point outside the restraints of a current dimension a new dimension is created... so see 3 points in space as a simple triangle if you add a 4th point outside the 2 dimensional barrier you get a pyramid no matter where the next point is as long as all points are connected by an imaginary line. this is the most basic the 3rd dimensional shapes. this is where my theory comes in, according to this rythem to create the bear minimum of the 4th dimension we need at least 5 points, but the problem is, where dose this point go if it cant land inside a 3rd dimensional barrier?

now we look at another theory and well come back to the first one to match them. what happens when we create a second 0 dimension and connect them? we get the first dimension, that happens when we add another 1st dem. and connect them, we get the second dem. and 2 seconds connected is the third... so in turn with the presence of the 5th point in the 4th dimensional plain connected anywhere in existence to the third dem. a second third dem is created, a secondary full pyramid is created off the back of the third dem. with only 1 point instead of 4 but if we connect "ALL" the points we get a connecting line between the two, this line is how you pass between 2 diff 3rd dem.

this is where things get tricky, you now know the basic layout of space up to the third dimension but like any dem. the basic isnt always the case, within the third dem. plain there can be hundreds of point simply making a complex shape. well if we had added the 5th point inside the 3rd plain we would have nothing but 2 pyramids on our hands, how can we create another dem with only one point, well this point has to be based outside our plain. as far as we are concerned the 3rd dem can incompass all creation with no limit right? well it only hold physical matter, our 5th point is time simply put, but this still dosnt mean physical matter can zip back and forth through time as it pleases with any level of tech. because time as we know it just a construct of the human mind to measure the flow of all matter, but lets look at that.

the flow of matter
matter is just the contents of space but it moves with what we call time, never stopping no matter how still it seems. with matter being the contents of space then our other third dem contain matter as well... this is where "EVERYTHING" in the science of time travel is simply speculation. so lets pretend the other third dem contains matter, lets go even farther to say it contains alternative us, again there is no proof that something like this could happen, but the theory goes every time we make a choice the opposite happens in another dem. committed by alernet us, but you wanna go back to say 4:42:36:09 tue of last week and make the other option you had come true... not possible, even if every human on earth and every record of it happening was erased, it happened no matter who knows or believes it.... this make the theory the traveling in time impossible, at least..... within your home dem. to the next part

World lines
i actually watched an anime called steins gate that has a theory similar to this and i stole the name world line for my theory ^^ i admit, but the theory of that show and mine our different trust me they don't really explain themselves well but they have the right ideal.
so... imagine all these diff dem traveling side by side each at the least possible amount of time behind the last, and you wanna go back in time to kill Hitler or in this case send yourself a text... dem A would lead to may 23rd 1940, while dem B leads to last July 4th where u made ur choice and Dem C being where, and when u are now. you need to figure out how to travel from C to B or at least send your text, this makes the theory of paradox and butterfly effect just not true, if you cant go back in time you cant effect the future, but you can go somewhere that has not yet had a future and may indeed lead to the one you were in but not if you change something such as the butterfly effect states.... again im not agreeing with it just saying there right in the respect that there is no time to effect, just because Dem B entered WW3 dosnt mean Dem A or Dem C will, because the cause only happened in Dem B and any dem. created from that alter net choice. something else to remember is we are just another dem traveling forward and we are most likely not the root dem. considering we exist and the possibility that we could have not made created is there for about 13 billion years before the earth there for its foolish to think we are the center of everything. in this regard there must be time lines far ahead of us containing our future, so future travel is also possible.

Effect of travel
time dosnt stop moving just because your not there... if you travel to another dem. it dosn't mean your home dem. will wait for your return, if your gone 5 days into dem B when u come back 5 days in dem C will have passed as time is relevant. all the dem are traveling forward in time together at the same rate.

Why haven't we seen dem travelers?
well most likely if the tech. to do this has been discovered anywhere at all there is most likely strict laws and there are more dem choices then there are particles in our dem. being as, why would an advanced race want to come back to a back water dem like ours and share tech. along with cultural preservatives and many other things as it should be.

but no.... i dont know how to send ur text to your other self... all im saying is if you could, and you went to the dem where you did, you would literally vanish from this dem. leaving everyone you know behind, and no one would no what happened to you, you would be a missing person. sooooo not a smart ideal but hey if this helps you figure it out... i want some royalty's... money is still nice :p even in our dem.

Wow, that's a lot to think about. Thank you for your responses. I had a feeling it would not be possible, but I figured I would ask anyway.

[quote="So, what I am asking is does anyone know if this is possible and also how to do it?[/quote]

As far as I know, it has only been offered and accomplished once. While we expected no consequence on this "worldline", as the message was to arrive on another worldline, that's not what happened. Instead, a sequence of ripples in the timeline have created discontinuity between memory and reality for those involved.

My supposition is that, if you were given such an opportunity, you would not directly benefit. Another, parallel reality "you" might receive the message and make the alternate choice. Otherwise, you might create a paradox; send the message, change your choice and end up not needing to send the message, preventing you from correcting your bad choice which leads you to send a message and so on into infinity.

My advice ... make peace with the past and do your best to make a better future. Good luck.

@ Florida_Jim: Thanks for the response. So you are basically saying if somehow I manage to send myself a message on July 3rd and make the alternate choice that I will only create an alternate "world line" and I will still be here on October 10th kicking myself for making the wrong choice, while the other world line "me" is happy and made the correct choice? I'm sorry, some of these ideas are a little difficult to understand.

Yes Ryan, many believe that whenever we make a change to the past, what we do is crate yet another timeline.

The word worldline was actually first used by Einstein way back when he was working with his theories. When he used it he meant ti define everything within a particular universe starting from alpha up to omega.

In my opinion, yes there are a multitude of timelines, many similar many others not at all alike. And yes you can not change things, but you can coagulate various quantum structures (timelines) into one or even divide one into several.

Imagine you have different realities with different on going occurrences, but then a major event which occurs make them synchronize and from two different timelines you get one. We call that an Einstein Converge Point; the things is that everything merges with its respective counterpart, without they noticing. Its absolutely fascinating. The only problem is that whenever convergences of this sort occur, the entire temporal manifold suffer and it could lead to some very serious repercussions. That is why we observe the convergences and the bifurcations.

True, but I suppose that you could always travel to the alternate Dimension and take your own place in that Universe and make the different decision there and live the rest of your life there. But as you said, you would be leaving all your family in this dimension behind. But if you're like me, having things that you regret, and don't really care about getting precise copies (if not the originals) of your family, have at it.

That raises a philosophical question for us to ponder.....

Is it right to leave the real people behind just to live a better life for ourselves? If that were the case, we would be physically abandoning our families, friends and society causing great distress upon them for that person would simply vanish from the face of the Earth. They would mourn and miss that person whereas that person is happily living somewhere else with an alternate version of his/her family group or friends. Is that right or is it egoistic on our behalf? Not judging but really asking the forum what do they think.

OK well this is... and isn't possible due to the fact the "TIME travel" isn't actually possible as you imagine it. its more like denominational travel... think of it like this. in the zero dimension the least amount of points in space possible is 1, in the first dimension the lest amount is 2, in the second the least is 3... now stop here. when we add a a minimum of 1 now point outside the restraints of a current dimension a new dimension is created... so see 3 points in space as a simple triangle if you add a 4th point outside the 2 dimensional barrier you get a pyramid no matter where the next point is as long as all points are connected by an imaginary line. this is the most basic the 3rd dimensional shapes. this is where my theory comes in, according to this rythem to create the bear minimum of the 4th dimension we need at least 5 points, but the problem is, where dose this point go if it cant land inside a 3rd dimensional barrier?

now we look at another theory and well come back to the first one to match them. what happens when we create a second 0 dimension and connect them? we get the first dimension, that happens when we add another 1st dem. and connect them, we get the second dem. and 2 seconds connected is the third... so in turn with the presence of the 5th point in the 4th dimensional plain connected anywhere in existence to the third dem. a second third dem is created, a secondary full pyramid is created off the back of the third dem. with only 1 point instead of 4 but if we connect "ALL" the points we get a connecting line between the two, this line is how you pass between 2 diff 3rd dem.

this is where things get tricky, you now know the basic layout of space up to the third dimension but like any dem. the basic isnt always the case, within the third dem. plain there can be hundreds of point simply making a complex shape. well if we had added the 5th point inside the 3rd plain we would have nothing but 2 pyramids on our hands, how can we create another dem with only one point, well this point has to be based outside our plain. as far as we are concerned the 3rd dem can incompass all creation with no limit right? well it only hold physical matter, our 5th point is time simply put, but this still dosnt mean physical matter can zip back and forth through time as it pleases with any level of tech. because time as we know it just a construct of the human mind to measure the flow of all matter, but lets look at that.

the flow of matter
matter is just the contents of space but it moves with what we call time, never stopping no matter how still it seems. with matter being the contents of space then our other third dem contain matter as well... this is where "EVERYTHING" in the science of time travel is simply speculation. so lets pretend the other third dem contains matter, lets go even farther to say it contains alternative us, again there is no proof that something like this could happen, but the theory goes every time we make a choice the opposite happens in another dem. committed by alernet us, but you wanna go back to say 4:42:36:09 tue of last week and make the other option you had come true... not possible, even if every human on earth and every record of it happening was erased, it happened no matter who knows or believes it.... this make the theory the traveling in time impossible, at least..... within your home dem. to the next part

World lines
i actually watched an anime called steins gate that has a theory similar to this and i stole the name world line for my theory ^^ i admit, but the theory of that show and mine our different trust me they don't really explain themselves well but they have the right ideal.
so... imagine all these diff dem traveling side by side each at the least possible amount of time behind the last, and you wanna go back in time to kill Hitler or in this case send yourself a text... dem A would lead to may 23rd 1940, while dem B leads to last July 4th where u made ur choice and Dem C being where, and when u are now. you need to figure out how to travel from C to B or at least send your text, this makes the theory of paradox and butterfly effect just not true, if you cant go back in time you cant effect the future, but you can go somewhere that has not yet had a future and may indeed lead to the one you were in but not if you change something such as the butterfly effect states.... again im not agreeing with it just saying there right in the respect that there is no time to effect, just because Dem B entered WW3 dosnt mean Dem A or Dem C will, because the cause only happened in Dem B and any dem. created from that alter net choice. something else to remember is we are just another dem traveling forward and we are most likely not the root dem. considering we exist and the possibility that we could have not made created is there for about 13 billion years before the earth there for its foolish to think we are the center of everything. in this regard there must be time lines far ahead of us containing our future, so future travel is also possible.

Effect of travel
time dosnt stop moving just because your not there... if you travel to another dem. it dosn't mean your home dem. will wait for your return, if your gone 5 days into dem B when u come back 5 days in dem C will have passed as time is relevant. all the dem are traveling forward in time together at the same rate.

Why haven't we seen dem travelers?
well most likely if the tech. to do this has been discovered anywhere at all there is most likely strict laws and there are more dem choices then there are particles in our dem. being as, why would an advanced race want to come back to a back water dem like ours and share tech. along with cultural preservatives and many other things as it should be.

but no.... i dont know how to send ur text to your other self... all im saying is if you could, and you went to the dem where you did, you would literally vanish from this dem. leaving everyone you know behind, and no one would no what happened to you, you would be a missing person. sooooo not a smart ideal but hey if this helps you figure it out... i want some royalty's... money is still nice :p even in our dem.

PS edit: paradox don't exist... no magical power will stop all of time in a loop for one mistake, there is only adaptability :)

I think of our universe (timeline, worldline, etc...) as a piece of paper in a case of paper (the multiverse). All other worldlines are already there with things happening similarly, somewhat differently and radically differently from what we are experiencing here. If you could hop to the next closest sheet of paper, things would be very similar but not completely the same. Depending on what you did there, you could change things enough to reverberate out from that sheet to the ones around it. Information alone is all that is needed. Send a message to July 3rd on the next worldline over and it could cause ripples in the stack of paper, metaphorically. If you got an email today from someone claiming to be you from January, 2013 - would you take it seriously? If not, end of story, no ripples.

In my case, I sent an encrypted email to myself that contained three years worth of significant information. The initial ripples were staggering. I continue to experience these ripples in the timeline today. They have been occurring more frequently just recently. Since this version of "me" isn't actively manipulating the timeline, there is only one scenario I can think of that is causing these "altervus" - another "me" who is capable of changing the timeline. I gave my younger self everything he would need to start developing time/inter-dimensional travel. He's had fourteen years now. I think he's getting close.

Back