Sock Puppets

I'm still working on the rules page, but wanted to give an update on the sock puppet thing today:

Personally, I don't mind if people use sock puppets for purposes of roleplay or privacy. Where I would draw the line is if these accounts are being used to harass others, abuse a feature on the site (Tachyon/like farming), or bypassing an account ban. Things like that.

@Cosmo I wouldn't take advice from @Mayhem as his everyone is a sock puppet mantra, everything is bunk and his moderation on that other forum has but the kibosh on it.

@Cosmo also I'm unable to send a private message on here to my friends, does the forum have the facility to do it?

@Cosmo I wouldn't take advice from @Mayhem as his everyone is a sock puppet mantra, everything is bunk and his moderation on that other forum has but the kibosh on it.
By other forum do you mean Paranormalis? I gave that place to Num in 2012 and he's done a great job with it as far as I can tell. I've been around the block a few times, and this site (hopefully) has a different personality than the others. From that I hope you can see I make the best choices I can to keep this an interesting place to be.

Other sites are other sites... I've honestly not really even paid attention to what anyone else is doing. ATS, GLP, Paranormalis, C2C AM, whatever podcasts are out there... I lost interest for a long while because it's a lot of one extreme or the other. I like weird ideas and chasing down rabbit holes, even if the concept devolves into something ridiculous and impossible. What I enjoy is the idea, and where the tangents it creates takes us. I believe those ideas reveal things about ourselves and the world that we might not otherwise discover.

At the same time, people who post things should be able to answer reasonable questions without becoming defensive or emotional. It's about the journey, not the dogma. And the idea should be able to be examined from all angles. Even preposterous or challenging ones.

I've isolated/insulated TTI to some degree by feeling this way and being withdrawn for a long while, and that's helped me find what I want TTI to be. There was a length of time where I chose to have no site than one I wasn't a fan of myself. I'm the only moderator so any choices made are mine, but I welcome advice from wherever it originates. Some of it I take, some I don't.

@Cosmo also I'm unable to send a private message on here to my friends, does the forum have the facility to do it?
New members much reach one week of registration and 25 posts before they get moved to the "main" usergroup with all the permissions. This is done to protect our long-time members and reduce spam, but I'll bump you up so you can use PM now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the forums rules around sock puppets?

Can a link be given here to the forum rules?

Thanks.
I think I'm reversing my stance on this. I'll re-implement anonymous posting for paid members (coming soon) and for anyone in the Confessions of a Chrononaut forum, but I think I prefer if people come here to interact in good faith. It's easier to abuse multiple accounts on this software, so I'm going to work on a few changes to get things working in that direction.