Storming Area-51 - Is That Really a Good Idea ?

KerrTexas

Super Moderator
Figured the plan to storm Area 51 on September 20th of this year was a joke. But to my surprise, learned that a lot of people are serious about giving it a try. 

1.5 million people RSVP'd as of two days ago ( 7/18/2019 ; ABC News ) . 

The man that started the raid idea has stated that things have become a little spooky already ( July 18, 2019 ; Time Magazine ). 

I don't think it is a good idea to raid Area 51, however, I am curious what other folks think about this event.   

I do wonder though what would actually happen if over One Million people did make the attempt. 

Sources:

Storming Area 51 as Facebook event reaches 1.5 million attendees    

The Man Who Started the Area 51 Raid Says Things Have Gotten a Little Spooky

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be interesting to see how it panned out, choas would probably ensue and some standoff for a while.

I seen some one comment on a forum, seemed they were taking it seriously. How many that replied would even be close to the area?

It would be interesting to see how it panned out, chaos would probably ensue and some standoff for a while.I seen some one comment on a forum, seemed they were taking it seriously. How many that replied would even be close to the area?
Nothing like giving the commanders of a military base a heads-up on when you're going to show up.   
Maybe we will all get to see some alien technology at work in stopping a large group of hostiles?  When perhaps 1 million + people vanish and any records of their existence are scrubbed, THAT might raise some eyebrows here and there.  ?   

Seriously though, stopping a group of people attempting to raid Area 51 would not be physically difficult to do.   It's the optics of the situation that would be tough to overcome.  

As pointed out, it is doubtful that the number of people that have said they're going to raid area 51 actually will :

1. show up. 

2  cross onto the base.    

Still, even if a small percentage of the people do show up and try to raid the military base; lets say 1,000, even that number would present optic problems.   

How they make the attempt will be interesting to see.  Would think small groups of two or three people trying to sneak in, they really might disappear.  

It is the desert after all. 

Things happen.   

This is so stupid.  Do they really think it is still being used considering so many people know about it?  I'm sure the aliens are hidden somewhere at another base, now.

Still, typical milennials think they are entitled to everything.