"The future ain't what it used to be."

The Ethics of Time Travel

I do not see any benefit to halting the past events like the holocaust. Changing an event so epic would alter history and possibly bring our current time into a more dismal place. If anyone created a time machine it would be regulated by the gov't and overseen by military personnel. Forget about going back in time and changing events that could possibly hinder the position of the powerful people running the country. Would I want to change the past like the holocaust and 9/11? Of course, any person would. Time travel is fun to discuss but we are hundreds of years from seeing this come to fruition. I doubt even the great minds of today would want to change history. It is to much of a risk to creating an abyss that would cause a collapse of the country in present time. Going into the future would assist our present times by rectifying mistakes we are making today by seeing the world in a distant time.

I do not see any benefit to halting the past events like the holocaust. Changing an event so epic would alter history and possibly bring our current time into a more dismal place. If anyone created a time machine it would be regulated by the gov't and overseen by military personnel. Forget about going back in time and changing events that could possibly hinder the position of the powerful people running the country. Would I want to change the past like the holocaust and 9/11? Of course, any person would. Time travel is fun to discuss but we are hundreds of years from seeing this come to fruition. I doubt even the great minds of today would want to change history. It is to much of a risk to creating an abyss that would cause a collapse of the country in present time. Going into the future would assist our present times by rectifying mistakes we are making today by seeing the world in a distant time.
There was no 'holocaust', but there was a war in which many people died. I know because I checked. Why are you afraid of government? I know they lied to you. They are not all powerful, or all seeing. You're easier to control when you believe so, though.

Dick do you have mental illness? Are you locked away in a dark room somewhere in Gary, Indiana? Your perplexing thoughts and observations are troubling to say the least. Is your mind on the verge of a total implosion? Is your soul cascading down a large black hole into a perpetual abyss of torment? LOL......

Sorry for the last post. I am new here and assume the posts are laced with fact not fiction. I am beginning to get the hang of the posts being fiction and we are assuming people on here traveled through time. I will be less critical and more jovial in the responses. Mr. Tater, please accept my apology for the aforementioned post. I enjoy your posts and remarks.

Sorry for the last post. I am new here and assume the posts are laced with fact not fiction. I am beginning to get the hang of the posts being fiction and we are assuming people on here traveled through time. I will be less critical and more jovial in the responses. Mr. Tater, please accept my apology for the aforementioned post. I enjoy your posts and remarks.
Some people came hear to discuss time travel theories and do believe in time travel.So not all of it is fiction.Like me for instance.Read my post and you will see.

I believe in time travel. I would be a test subject in a heartbeat. I would welcome alien life taking me back in time. No problem. Time travel in our time though is just a theory. We will never see TT in our lifetime.

TT- I am sure MIT and NASA etc...have a team of egg heads working in a room 20 stories below grade working on time travel as we speak. I just do not know the basis of their experimentation. From what I have read in order to time travel you need so reach 186,000 per second or find a worm hole and successfully enter. We do not even know if black holes or worm holes even exist. Reaching the speed of light, in 2013 is so beyond our technology. The space shuttle, I think reached 25,000 per hour in space. That is comparing an ant hill to Mt. Everest.

TT- I am sure MIT and NASA etc...have a team of egg heads working in a room 20 stories below grade working on time travel as we speak. I just do not know the basis of their experimentation. From what I have read in order to time travel you need so reach 186,000 per second or find a worm hole and successfully enter. We do not even know if black holes or worm holes even exist. Reaching the speed of light, in 2013 is so beyond our technology. The space shuttle, I think reached 25,000 per hour in space. That is comparing an ant hill to Mt. Everest.
We can use the time dialation effects that you get when you excellerate to build a time machine.Einstein said that as you approach the speed of light the more time passses. You need to align and high speeds and low speeds to do this.And i know how.After the object stops excellerating it will stay in the time it is at.

I believe the Philadelphia Experiment touched upon success even though many sailors lost their minds and lives. Montauk also had some great results. If I traveled back in time though I would not get younger. Stay the same age does not bode well with my plans.

I believe the Philadelphia Experiment touched upon success even though many sailors lost their minds and lives. Montauk also had some great results. If I traveled back in time though I would not get younger. Stay the same age does not bode well with my plans.
What are your plans ?

TT: My plans, very simple. Live my life over again from age 15 to present. Live it knowing everything I know today. Bring with me my patented inventions. Obtain new patents from what I know today and bring them to the 1970's. Earn millions and use the money to start a foundation I have always wanted to begin. I earn a good living now but can not bring the amount of funds needed to start this foundation. Wishful thinking.

TT: My plans, very simple. Live my life over again from age 15 to present. Live it knowing everything I know today. Bring with me my patented inventions. Obtain new patents from what I know today and bring them to the 1970's. Earn millions and use the money to start a foundation I have always wanted to begin. I earn a good living now but can not bring the amount of funds needed to start this foundation. Wishful thinking.
Living your life over again would be great but timetravel depicted in the movies was never like that.That is a new idea.I think.With the alignment of low speeds and high speeds you could be both in the future and the past.I made a working model of it in the blender game engine and it worked.So i could align 5.5 mph with 550 mph.Here is some time dialation numbers i found on thr internet.
.000,000,01 seconds 550 mph.
.000,000,001 seconds at 55 mph.
.0,000,000,001 seconds at 5.5 mph

The problem here is that you have to follow both the logic and implications of what you propose. You want to go in to the past with your knowledge and "invent" something presumably prior to what we non time travelers believe to be the date of its invention according to our recorded history. So what happens when yet another time traveler goes even farther into the past and "invents" it? Every speculator/time traveler would be hop-scotching farther and farther into the past to try to invent the gadget before the other guy invents it.

You now have two tough problems.

Problem 1: If time travelers can go into the past to an arbitary date and "invent" something that already exists in their "present", where the heck did the gadget actually come from and who invented it? It seems to have always existed, was never actually invented, came from no where and therefore no one would actually have any reason to invent it at all. It already exists. Taken to its logical conclusion, everything that can possibly be invented already exists in all time frames. Time travelers have forever to travel to the past and take along their technology with them. Forever is a long time, secrets can't be kept forever, mistakes happen and technological secrets leak out. Eventually even the time travel gadget technology leaks out into the past. Everyone would have access to a time machine going all the way back to whenever humanity arises on the planet. And "humanity arises" would take on a very new meaning because people from the far distant future would be there in the past. There would be no beginning of humanity as we would define the situation. No one would have any doubts about time travel being possible and no one would even think about inventing time machines. They already exist and have existed for as far back in history as they can imagine. Thinking about inventing things wouldn't even occur to such a society...which brings into question the reason they took technology into the past in the first place. According to their history it was already there and there would be no reason to keep anything about there technology a secret from anyone or any time frame. They've been there and done that already.

Problem 2: The second problem is that there would be no money to be made because there would be no markets in which to invest. Markets depend on uncertainty. People speculate money on the uncertainty. There's no uncertainty here. There's nothing on which to speculate if the technology already exists. It would be akin to marketing snow to Eskimos.

If time travel is what you envision it to be then it has not and never will be invented. The evidence is that the world of perfect technology does not exist here. As I said, we would have forever (from today on to the infinite future and back to the infinite past) for folks to meddle with the past and untimately have their technology appear at all times and places. We don't see that anywhere.

The problem here is that you have to follow both the logic and implications of what you propose. You want to go in to the past with your knowledge and "invent" something presumably prior to what we non time travelers believe to be the date of its invention according to our recorded history. So what happens when yet another time traveler goes even farther into the past and "invents" it? Every speculator/time traveler would be hop-scotching farther and farther into the past to try to invent the gadget before the other guy invents it.

You now have two tough problems.

Problem 1: If time travelers can go into the past to an arbitary date and "invent" something that already exists in their "present", where the heck did the gadget actually come from and who invented it? It seems to have always existed, was never actually invented, came from no where and therefore no one would actually have any reason to invent it at all. It already exists. Taken to its logical conclusion, everything that can possibly be invented already exists in all time frames. Time travelers have forever to travel to the past and take along their technology with them. Forever is a long time, secrets can't be kept forever, mistakes happen and technological secrets leak out. Eventually even the time travel gadget technology leaks out into the past. Everyone would have access to a time machine going all the way back to whenever humanity arises on the planet. And "humanity arises" would take on a very new meaning because people from the far distant future would be there in the past. There would be no beginning of humanity as we would define the situation. No one would have any doubts about time travel being possible and no one would even think about inventing time machines. They already exist and have existed for as far back in history as they can imagine. Thinking about inventing things wouldn't even occur to such a society...which brings into question the reason they took technology into the past in the first place. According to their history it was already there and there would be no reason to keep anything about there technology a secret from anyone or any time frame. They've been there and done that already.

Problem 2: The second problem is that there would be no money to be made because there would be no markets in which to invest. Markets depend on uncertainty. People speculate money on the uncertainty. There's no uncertainty here. There's nothing on which to speculate if the technology already exists. It would be akin to marketing snow to Eskimos.

If time travel is what you envision it to be then it has not and never will be invented. The evidence is that the world of perfect technology does not exist here. As I said, we would have forever (from today on to the infinite future and back to the infinite past) for folks to meddle with the past and untimately have their technology appear at all times and places. We don't see that anywhere.
Time travel is a whole different ball game and the rules are different from regular reality.Why discount something as existing.Just because you have not seen it.A time traveler could simple steal all the other time machines to make himself have the only one.

My unrealistic plan involved only me owning a time machine. If I invented a time machine and locked it away in a safe room and told no one then the aforementioned problems would not exist. Correct?

I lump time travel together with the paranormal. Their influence
is often limited to those cognizant of them, e.g. whereas to sense
something imminent isn’t to be able to stop it, one's foreseeing an
accident on the other side of a hill could help him avoid a pileup.
Still, however subjectively phenomena is perceived, supernatural
occurrences invariably defy subjectivity itself by blurring boundaries.

Is that by intelligent design? I suppose: Yes, as are laws that prohibit
our changing the past or controlling the future.

Rommel, :-D greetings.
I didn't notice your last message until the above had been posted. Most people, including
yourself, would like to have it all along with youth. Still, "[t]o everything there is a season, and
a time to every purpose under the heavens"--Ecclesiastes (Darby Translation). Give thanks for what
you are gifted now, and make the most of the present.

0 : - )MGby'all.

I think their is some validity to The Rainbow Project ( Philadelphia Exp.) I know egg heads in some room 20 stories sub-grade are working on time travel somewhere. It is too important of a technology not to be.

I know unethical experiments have been done on US servicemen.
About "The Rainbow Project," I've no opinion.
But, in regard to Montauk and the Philadelphia Experiment,
I dedicated a "Train to Montauk" to you.

Back