The Hitler issue.

I suppose once the secret is out, there is the potential for it to be accessible to anybody.
My reply isn't necessarily directed towards you Mylo, but provides a good foundation for my reply. :)
I have to respectfully disagree, once the secret is out about a time machine does NOT mean that it would be accessible to anybody. If there was a time machine in Area 51, exactly how would that machine be accessible to anybody? I haven't seen a lot of cloned SR-71's flying around ( as an example ), despite it's superiority as a spy plane ( in it's day ). Look at HAARP, nobody outside of the program really knows what they're doing at that facility.

I agree. The only thing I diverge from you is that, in this hypothetical state, access to a time travel device wouldn't be available to everyone.
It's time travel, my friend. Of course it is available to everyone. How do you restrict access any technology in a time travel enabled world when it has forever for the technology to leak out? If it can leak out it will leak out. When that happens someone builds and uses a gadget of their own. Eventually someone decides living in 1600 is a great idea - and they take their time machine and all of the associated technological knowledge to 1600 with them.
So now there's that technology sitting in 1600 moving alone with society toward the future. Then someone else makes the same decision. Two sets of the technology in 1600. Eventually everyone in 1600 has the technology. It's crowded. Eh - someone gets the bright idea of going to 1000 BC. Someone else chooses 2500 BC. Millions of such decisions are made. In the end from anyone's perspective time machines have always been there. There's nothing to keep secret. There's not a soul in the entire history of that world who can point to a time when time travel was not available or even point to its inventor. It simply is - no one invented it.

The Manhattan Project was the largest most expensive and secret military-industrial projects known to man. We couldn't keep the minute details of the science and technology of how to construct an atomic bomb a secret for three months let alone "forever"...and the Russians weren't using a time machine to take possession of the information.

You have to look a bit deeper at the scenario and ask yourself about all of its implications. Time travel of the sort usually proposed here implies that there is no such bird as History in such a world, at least not as we would define "history." It also implies that time travel invents itself.

Don't get me wrong. The real physics of our universe doesn't imply this. In fact so far the real physics of this universe seems to indicate that time travel to the past is not possible. When physicists look deeper at the issue there is always a known physical interaction that prevents the time machine from working. Does that mean that it is actually impossible? No. But it does mean that it doesn't appear to be likely.

It's time travel, my friend. Of course it is available to everyone. How do you restrict access any technology in a time travel enabled world when it has forever for the technology to leak out? If it can leak out it will leak out. When that happens someone builds and uses a gadget of their own. Eventually someone decides living in 1600 is a great idea - and they take their time machine and all of the associated technological knowledge to 1600 with them. So now there's that technology sitting in 1600 moving alone with society toward the future. Then someone else makes the same decision. Two sets of the technology in 1600. Eventually everyone in 1600 has the technology. It's crowded. Eh - someone gets the bright idea of going to 1000 BC. Someone else chooses 2500 BC. Millions of such decisions are made. In the end from anyone's perspective time machines have always been there. There's nothing to keep secret. There's not a soul in the entire history of that world who can point to a time when time travel was not available or even point to its inventor. It simply is - no one invented it.
The Manhattan Project was the largest most expensive and secret military-industrial projects known to man. We couldn't keep the minute details of the science and technology of how to construct an atomic bomb a secret for three months let alone "forever"...and the Russians weren't using a time machine to take possession of the information.

You have to look a bit deeper at the scenario and ask yourself about all of its implications. Time travel of the sort usually proposed here implies that there is no such bird as History in such a world, at least not as we would define "history." It also implies that time travel invents itself.

Don't get me wrong. The real physics of our universe doesn't imply this. In fact so far the real physics of this universe seems to indicate that time travel to the past is not possible. When physicists look deeper at the issue there is always a known physical interaction that prevents the time machine from working. Does that mean that it is actually impossible? No. But it does mean that it doesn't appear to be likely.
Lol, what a chaos! Indeed, the possibilities are endless... Or would be if we were in another universe ;)

I also discussed this topic about do we have a right to change the course of history. We have seen this discussed on TV programs and movies pertaining to the subject of time travel. We can't go back and change things because we never know exactly what we are changing when we try to stop something from happening. It may seem like a great idea at the time, but unless the history was botched up to begin with, kind of like the concept of the series Quatum Leap, maybe going back and changing it isn't a good thing, even if the outcome is better. We never know what problems we could cause in the future by changing the past.

If we accept a world where time travel to the past is achieved then nothing prevents us from using the gadget over and over and over and over and over... And that's the rub (I've made this point a few dozen times before).
Nothing prevents you, he, she, they from changing his, her, our, their past ad infinitum. In such a world "history" has no meaning. No one would even ponder changing what Hitler or Stalin did. Why would they? There would be no specific memory of what happened in the past because it would be possible for an infinite number of people to make an infinite number of changes an infinite number of times over an infinite length of time. If it is possible to make such changes then it will happen.

Do you have a finite sense of the past? Does the vast majority of the people you "talk" to agree, in general, with your sense of the past? You answer the question as to whether time travel to the past is possible.
I was going to start a thread about this, but it turns out @Darby beat me to the punch 5 years ago.
Changing the past is a non-starter. The only way time travel can allow a scenario like this is by having it take place in an alternate timeline/reality. Any other line of thought seems like it presents too many opportunities to break down.

Did you ever figure out why Hitler hated Jews? Did the many other demographics of the holocaust occur in the first version of the holocaust or was history rewritten to include the millions of non Jews never mentioned in mainstream history books?

'Nicolas]I was going to post the following text as a response to KerrTexas on the thread [URL="http://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/regardless-of-consequences.9112/ said:
http://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/regardless-of-consequences.9112/[/URL] but as I wrote It I realized it would be a whole other subject. I also would like to know what you guys think about it. Well"]The obvious solution for myself would be to travel back before his mother's breast cancer had metastasized and catch it at Stage 1! Saving her life in the process. The most traumatic event in Hitler's life was his mother's death ,without a doubt in my opinion!

This Hitler's "blue eyes" also tells us that as a dominant trait he had a different genealogy than the "brown eyed" Hitler I knew from my timeline, he did not have the same ancestors! You cannot have blue eyes or brown, and be genetically the same, as it is not a recessive trait!

[QUOTE='Cosmo1598825723]it would be possible for an infinite number of people to make an infinite number of changes an infinite number of times over an infinite length of time. If it is possible to make such changes then it will happen.
[/QUOTE]This is precisely what the theory of the infinite Quantum Multiverse states happens! Every single different decision, even on an atomic level creates a new and different universe. As unbelievable as it may be, there may already be a Universe where Hitler did not exist and no Holocaust occurred! It's predicted by Quantum Physics. Every decision you made intentional or otherwise, is a different universal timeline, down to every sentient being on Earth! So it's not far fetched in the slightest in an infinite multiverse of possibilities. There is a universe where everyone has a time machine. If it can be imagined it has likely happened!

[QUOTE='sergiuspaulus]Did you ever figure out why Hitler hated Jews?
[/QUOTE]He was highly influenced by post WWI propaganda that was using the Jewish Bankers as a scapegoat. But Anti-Semitism has a very long history as long as the history of the Jewish people themselves, but was very prominent at the time. It was a common false belief after the war which was a period of economic depression. They were a scapegoat and he bought in like so many others did!

'Nicolas]I was going to post the following text as a response to KerrTexas on the thread [URL="http://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/regardless-of-consequences.9112/ said:
http://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/regardless-of-consequences.9112/[/URL] but as I wrote It I realized it would be a whole other subject. I also would like to know what you guys think about it. Well"]One interesting bit of trivia that didn't occur in my "brown eyes" Hitler from my prior timeline, is that the Hitler family Dr. who treated both Hitler's childhood illness, and his mother's cancer, was Jewish, given special protection by blue-eyed Hitler and called a "noble Jew!"  Dr. Edward Bloch

Brown eyed Hitler from my home timeline, never would have said such a thing or protected any Jew for any reason!  He also killed far more in the holocaust.

Blue Eyed Hitler was a considerably better artist, one can say excellent in comparison,  and used pastels and bright colors for flowers. Brown eyed A.H. was a horrific artist, very dark and gloomy in comparison. I never at any time studying his art saw a flower or an bright colors! 

http://timetravelinstitute.com/threads/regardless-of-consequences.9112/[/URL] but as I wrote It I realized it would be a whole other subject. I also would like to know what you guys think about it. Well"]One interesting bit of trivia that didn't occur in my "brown eyes" Hitler from my prior timeline, is that the Hitler family Dr. who treated both Hitler's childhood illness, and his mother's cancer, was Jewish, given special protection by blue-eyed Hitler and called a "noble Jew!"  Dr. Edward Bloch

Brown eyed Hitler from my home timeline, never would have said such a thing or protected any Jew for any reason!  He also killed far more in the holocaust.

Blue Eyed Hitler was a considerably better artist, one can say excellent in comparison,  and used pastels and bright colors for flowers. Brown eyed A.H. was a horrific artist, very dark and gloomy in comparison. I never at any time studying his art saw a flower or an bright colors! 

There was a time many years ago that I believed that this was true.... Everyone goes to "pure source" no matter how horrible you were in your lifetime. It was a lie.