Things That I Learned

Mama Duck

Embracing bumbling adventures with a quack-tastic!
Things I have learned: 

1. We have to buy an RV that works for all seasons. There are some that do not apparently. 

2. We have to read all the fine print of the insurance stuff and make sure that it is for full replacement coverage and not just cost coverage. This costs more but it totally worth it apparently. 

3. If we want to go where something is super popular (i.e. Florida/Arizona in the winter), we have to book at state parks a year in advance typically and Thousand Oaks as quickly as possible as well. A lot of them are 55+ only as well so we want to watch for that if we decide to try to do it. 

4. A lot of full time families, remove the dinette and put in bunkbeds there to help kids have their own space. 

5. Edan can be apart of the "Explorers" which is like scouts through Fulltime Family membership. They have tasks, meet ups and earn pins for their hat to show off. Great way to make connections and socialize. 

6. Zoos, Parks, places of interest have reciprocal memberships and you can get some that cover zoos and aquariums and other stuff all on one. 

7. Kids will have to be in the Honda when we are moving. There is no good or safe place for them to be in the RV while moving. In some states, this is the law. Other states say that as long as they are in a carseat and it is facing the windshield. They could not be on the couch for example. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We have to read all the fine print of the insurance stuff and make sure that it is for full replacement coverage and not just cost coverage. This costs more but it totally worth it apparently. 
Definitely need insurance, but not the "kitchen sink" insurance that massively inflates our cost of living and eliminates the benefit of doing this. We'll need to be responsible fr some of our own repairs and maintenance.

If we want to go where something is super popular (i.e. Florida/Arizona in the winter)"]A lot of full time families, remove the dinette and put in bunkbeds there to help kids have their own space. 
Where would we eat, then? We 100% need one with built-in bunks.

Kids will have to be in the Honda when we are moving. There is no good or safe place for them to be in the RV while moving. In some states, this is the law. Other states say that as long as they are in a carseat and it is facing the windshield. They could not be on the couch for example. 
Agreed.

Back