Time travel turned inside-out

Jonathan_Hennessey

Temporal Novice
Typically in a time travel story, you have one person or a small group somehow empowered to travel through time. They visit one or a number of other places in history, have an adventure, and flirt with some significant theme about the nature of free will or destiny. Then they come back.

But what if something made EVERYONE time travel, all at once—with no control over where they ended up? And no way to go back?

And what if this time-traveling force was much less discriminating than it almost always is in fiction? What if affected not just people, but also animals, vehicles, buildings, all manner of inanimate objects? And even light, heat, and kinetic energy in the atmosphere?

And what if the few people who actually survived such a timeline scrambling actually represented the time and places they come from, instead of being romanticized and hyperdramatized samplings of popular notions of the historical past?

I have made a dark science fiction short film that poses how this twisted yet conceivably much more realistic model of time might turn out. I invite you to watch it and, if you like it, share!

Check out "Your World and the Duty of Vigilance" on Vimeo.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/136447685?h=44de9bf6e4&app_id=122963

Thanks, vodkafan. I don't know what to tell you. i have double checked the audio while streaming the movie on several different devices, and it worked every time for me. It's possible you have the video muted or you're experiencing a hardware/software issue. If you would be so kind, let me know if you get it to work. Best—Jonathan