"The future ain't what it used to be."

Titor

jameswade

Timekeeper
In reference to the question i posted in the suggestions board, I'm interested in the impact that John Titor had on this site, I've been browsing a lot of the older posts, If any one would like to elaborate on why Titor stood so far out among the other alleged time travelers that would be great.

p.s.

I realize this topic has probably been exhausted by now so in the interest of Non-redundancy i will understand if know one wants to back peddle on this. Thx

elaborate on why Titor stood so far out among the other alleged time travelers

It helps to be first in line. He wasn't the first person on this site or other similar sites to shout, "Look at me - I'm a time traveler!" But he was the first on the then newly born public World Wide Web to pose a story that wasn't an obvious mocking joke. His physics was just awful, his politic was very predictable but he did have the unusual talent of being able to put five words together in a sentence, make it grammatically correct, have few spelling errors and a style that made the story interesting if not especially believable. In short, he didn't come off as the typical rambling idiot that typifies the OWETO.

It also helped that he had a female cohort who almost instantly came to his aid.

And it helped immensely that he had a movie studio, radio production studio and graphic arts studio at his beck and call in Celebration, FL. It made producing the nice looking props, photos, high tech schematics, The Book, The Radio Program for Syndication demo cd, etc. easy tasks to accomplish. Your average OWETO who came afterwards had none of that available to enhance the story.

What kept it alive after he stopped posting? We did. More specifically, Pamela and I did. This site cooled off drastically for a long time after he left (though it took about 7 months for that to happen). During that time Art Bell shut down his Post-2-Post forum. That's the other site that Titor posted on (Actually that's the only site that "John Titor" posted on. He posted as TimeTravel_0 here). When that site shut down we had copies of the Titor threads and moved the discussion to Anomalies.net where I moderated the time travel forum. Pamela was there but became a Mod several months later. Pamela kept the topic alive because she was a believer. I kept it alive because we were a new site in the sense that we added the time travel forum and I wanted hits and posts. People came to see Pamela and me "play" and to take sides. What fun.
But it did keep the Titor meme going long after it would have otherwise died out.

Why did it thereafter come alive here once again? The answer is Celebration, FL.

Titor never stated where he was from other than Central Florida. In the mean time I discovered on this site that there was a Disney connection (Raul "MOP" ran advertising sites for Disney Corp) that included a connection to Celebration, FL and Disney World. Raul set up, moderated and ran Celebration's original community website and discussion forum cr 1999 - long before Titor started posting. The Celebration community website had hotlinks to several of Raul's websites including this site. In the summer of 2003 the John Titor Foundation came into being and they produced The Book. Where were they located? Celebration, FL - 606 Front Street to be more precise. What else was located at the same address? Larry Haber's law office and VISI Corp (where Larry was also Chief Counsel). Who is Larry Haber? He's an attorney and he runs the John Titor Foundation. What sort of practice did Larry have? Movie/Entertainment law. He was in private practice after working for both Disney and Universal. He put movie deals together. What did VISI Corp do? They were an advertising agency that had the aforementioned movie production studio, sound production studio and graphic arts studio on site. It seems that John Titor didn't pick this site at random. He discovered it through the hotlink on the Celebration BBS. These revelations sparked the Titor discussion here back to life.

Thx guys, I was under the impression that titor had offered some kind of Indisputable level of physics or theorys on time travel but i guess not, lol

I was under the impression that titor had offered some kind of Indisputable level of physics or theorys on time travel but i guess not

Correct. At best he offred some high school level equations from special relativity that anyone can find on the Internet (E=mc^2, m=E/c^2 and S^2 = -ct^2 + x^2 + y^2 + z^2). He also offered up the Tipler Cylinder gedanken that had been around since the 1970's. The rest of his physics was gibberish based on half read and less than that understood articles found on the Internet.

Well titor is the only thing this site has going for it. To put it in perspective it is like a old town off a main highway that once had someone visit it that became famous. So that town put up a statue of him and shops spring up in that town selling t-shirts with his name on it and the town became a tourist attraction because that one person visited that little old town off the main highway. This again caused the town to become a tourist attraction and the source of income for that town.

No different to Roswell. It would be just some boring New Mexico town that nobody ever heard of......were it not for those damned aliens crashing. Personally I think Roswell is fully explained by conventional means.........and Titor too.

No different to Roswell. It would be just some boring New Mexico town that nobody ever heard of......were it not for those damned aliens crashing.

Great minds... I thought the exact same thing. I spent several weeks in Roswell while we were flight testing the Boeing 717. And the fact that Roswell was the location for an important Army Air Force flight test facility is often lost on those who insist the Roswell event could not have been terrestrial. But as of today, Roswell is all about taking people's $ and giving them nothing but kitsch and false hope...kinda like Obama! :D

RMT

I think there just 'might' be something to all the UFO stuff ( too many reliable pilot testimonies )...but Roswell was clearly a case of the US military 'using' the UFO story as a cover for covert activities. There's some evidence, especially during the 40's to 80s and the cold war, that both the US and the Soviets were only too happy to have their secret weapons test flights identified as UFOs........which of course could then be dismissed as swamp gas, hallucinations, Venus, or whatever.

Cases like Roswell detract from the real evidence.....which is really quite substantial.

Cases like Roswell detract from the real evidence.....which is really quite substantial

What REALLY happened in roswell, or Minnesota or south Dakota, or southern Mexico, or any where else in the world will remain in disallowance to the general public until the day it actually blows up in our faces, for every one person that knows the truth there are hundreds of thousands that will deny it and for every hundred thousand that deny it there are hundreds of millions that will remain undecided.

The whole Roswell story depends on how well one believes the story told by Jesse Marcel. My feeling is that over time it became elaborated. It was largely others who added the notion that aliens had been found too. Strange that Marcell, who was the first person there, did not see any aliens yet somehow they mysteriously show up later at some air force base.

Back