What is Consciousness?

Travis Tremlee

Temporal Novice
It seems that consciousness defines itself from an "inner" or subjective reference frame. Therefore an objective blueprint for consciousness will always fail to capture the truth of what it is...

It seems that consciousness defines itself from an "inner" or subjective reference frame. Therefore an objective blueprint for consciousness will always fail to capture the truth of what it is...
I believe our consciousness is our soul. This is why I believe animals also have a soul. It also involves self awareness.

Can humans create consciousness? Would an android ever become self aware and if so, does it have a soul? I think about that one, often.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe our consciousness is our soul. This is why I believe animals also have a soul. It also involves self awareness.
Can humans create consciousness? Would an android every become self aware and if so, does it have a soul? I think about that one, often.
I tend to think of consciousness more as software(like Windows 10) on wetware (brain) with a signature stamp (DNA)

If we don't already have self-aware computers they'll surely come shortly after the mainstream quantum computers.

What do those AI want & what will they do? That depends on who raises them. I always err on the side of hope :)

-Oz

Taking into account the fact that we live in a multiverse of parallel realities, it seems that what we call consciousness cannot be simply defined. The entire multiverse may be based on a form of proto-consciousness or panpsychism.

In a multiverse there must be an ethereal aspect of consciousness that connects all the different branches or parallel versions of YOU.

In this universe there is the law of conservation of energy, but in the greater multiverse there must be no such limitation due to the unending variations that keep splitting off or decohering into infinite copies of self and other things. Therefore this ethereal aspect of consciousness must be infinite in scope.

Time travelers from the future do not need to worry about causality violations because they know that they are visiting an alternate version of their own past. Consequently, when they return to their own era, they will still be in a close or slightly divergent replica of their world, even if it is not the exact same causality sequence of their memory.

I suspect that time travelers from the near future such as John Titor adhered to a temporal code of ethics but entities from farther into the future may live by different rules. Even John Titor did not lament the fact that he was permanently altering this reality he visited.

These advanced beings may view the past timelines as a type of theme park for their amusement. They can potentially destroy entire timelines and perform what we might consider to be unethical experiments on people.

The

comes to mind. We correspond to the unawakened robots of westworld. Visitors from the far future can have their way with people from the past and not worry too much about future accountability.
Some people might care about being responsible though. There could be an organization such as the Chronology Protection Agency that endeavors to maintain law and order for those advanced technological societies who travel across the multiverse.

But it would be a daunting(impossible) task to police all the infinite branches of time.

What does the CIA know about time travel and a conscious psychotronic universe?

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00792R000400330013-4.pdf[/URL]

Universal branching or splitting must happen in reference with something akin to the complex number domain, with i equal to the square root of minus one.

All matter and energy translates into the future via temporal quantum jumps AKA temporal quantum tunneling(wormholes). All time travel is wormhole travel, including our average everyday experience of time. We don't notice it on the macroscopic scale because the larger macroscopic aggregates of particles have an extremely short
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matter_waveDe Broglie wavelength.

Traveling into the past entails going faster than the speed of light. That means advanced time travelers have the technology required to alter the permeability and permittivity of space-time in order to tunnel into the past.

Advanced electromagnetics science can alter the pliability of space-time and jump into the past or the future.

Last edited by a moderator: