"The future ain't what it used to be."

Why people from the future do not come in our time?

seivtcho

Timekeeper
Pure philosophically, the creation of the time machine will become true some day after reaching a certain moment of the development of science and technology. It simply does not have a chance not to happen.

Then why people from the future does not come to us? How do you think? What could be the possible reason(s) to stop the people from the future to come to our era? Can we think out how to change these reasons, and to make time traveling possible?

- Is it the reason, that it is impossible to be reverted the changes that the time traveler will made and something like the "butterfly effect" if inevitable?
- Is time traveling prove to be impossible after all?
- Will the going back in time be too expensive?
- Or maybe will be too hard?
- Or maybe the technology will be restricted only for use of future government and other institutions?
- Is time traveling an one way ticket - going once you can never come back?
- Is it necessary to destroy your body in order to come back in previous time?
- Or maybe the life in our time is so primitive, that nobody wants to have an excursion here?
- Or maybe after the transfer you may die or become an invalid?
- Or maybe time travelers exist today, afterall.

I think it's a matter of expediency. They could be all over the past, present, and future but have no reason to reveal themselves to us. Either that or they all got a lecture that went something like this...

"As you all know, one of our early chrononauts decided to go off mission, travel to various decades, and post on time travel forums all kinds of forbidden information. Anyone committing such acts will be EXTERMINATED before birth."

Did I mention Daleks run the future? :)

So, you assume, that there could be even a penalty - death penalty if a forbidden information is being revealed. Could be that.

What is Daleks?

Thanks for the trailer :)

So...
"As you all know, one of our early chrononauts decided to go off mission, travel to various decades, and post on time travel forums all kinds of forbidden information. Anyone committing such acts will be EXTERMINATED before birth."

There is something, that I can't understand. If they can exterminate the chrononaut before birth, why then can't prevent the postings of the early chrononauts?

You could go with existing fact as to why time travelers don't reveal themselves. That being that most people will believe you are completely crazy. And the main reason is that the authorities will lock you up in the nut house.

Thanks for the trailer :)

So...

There is something, that I can't understand. If they can exterminate the chrononaut before birth, why then can't prevent the postings of the early chrononauts?

That one is easy. They only do that with real chrononauts.

If they can exterminate the chrononaut before birth, why then can't prevent the postings of the early chrononauts?

Doh! I should have suggested that at the meeting. Now we have to send other travelers back to prevent the exterminations. The past is just going to fill right up! Where were you next week when I needed you!?! ;)

Ha ha ha :) I hope, that I am not crazy. I am also not sure if the time traveling exists. It is a philosophical subject, that if there is not a scientific law, that not to permit a certain technology to happen, and if there are people, who are working over that technology, then the technology will appear some day.

In my bravest fantasy I have been dreaming about a technology to save lives by coming back to a certain event when somebody dies and to prevent the death.

In my bravest fantasy I have been dreaming about a technology to save lives by coming back to a certain event when somebody dies and to prevent the death.

The way I view that situation is it can only happen on an alternate timeline. If you go to that timeline and change something, how do you get back? If you do make it back, then the change you made will not have occurred on this timeline. And if you stay in that other timeline, then the other really big problem is that there are two of you now in that alternate timeline.

Sure. FTL is the only way to go backward along the same timeline. Not easy for a human sized object. Two entangled particles can be used as an on-off circuit. Changing the spin of one instantaneously changes the spin of the other, no matter the distance. This effectively achieves communication at faster than light speeds. Turn that into a radio signal and a message could be sent to the past.

The way I view that situation is it can only happen on an alternate timeline. If you go to that timeline and change something, how do you get back? If you do make it back, then the change you made will not have occurred on this timeline. And if you stay in that other timeline, then the other really big problem is that there are two of you now in that alternate timeline.

To tell the true, I did not understand anything :) :) :) :)

So if I start from the present and go back in time, and, for example, I rescue soeone, lets say a child from a sure death (prevent a car to hit it from example), and I suceed to go back in the future... with the resued child ... then ... the change I made (the alive child with me) will not have occurred. And the child, that is alive now will be death? So it will come in the present death? Or it will be alive in the present and death in the past? I am totally confused :) :) :) :)

How about if you take the death body very fast after the death, or while it is dying and reanimate it and repair it in the future? The biological mass that has been taken from the past, can be substituted. E.g. a detah pig can be buried at the place of the death body. The reanimated or healed man/woman may remain in the future. Will this change the timeline?

Any change you make will alter the timeline supposedly. You already exist in all those other timelines. So there will be another you in any other timeline you travel to.

I suppose you could swap the body of a dead person for a live person and go back to your timeline. Or you could just stay on the other timeline with the decision to make on how to get rid of the other you, so you could take his place.

I suppose you could swap the body of a dead person for a live person and go back to your timeline. Or you could just stay on the other timeline with the decision to make on how to get rid of the other you, so you could take his place.

Well, I have no idea of getting rid of myself (the other me) and taking my place :) hahaha
So... only the swapping remains.
So...
I go back in time, rush to the child, that is going to be hit by a car, throw a death pig on the road, grab the child and dissappear back in the present.
Will it work?

Back