"The future ain't what it used to be."

Why people from the future do not come in our time?

I am not actually sure how will save lifes without producing the butterfly effect or the grand-father effect. I was initially dreaming of rescuing people from different incidents.

There are myriad of ways.

But the best is to steal ideas of creatives who became super rich. For example, steal Mickey Mouse or certain songs and sell the ideas before they actually became famous.

Steal the ideas for inventions, invest in Microsoft at its inception. Anything. I would do it.

Moz

There are myriad of ways.

But the best is to steal ideas of creatives who became super rich. For example, steal Mickey Mouse or certain songs and sell the ideas before they actually became famous.

Steal the ideas for inventions, invest in Microsoft at its inception. Anything. I would do it.

Moz

Picture of Time Will Wipe Us Out's time machine ....

Piratetimemachine.jpg

To put a different spin to the original question of this thread; if you traveled back in time, what would you do ?
i would do what i was told to do, if i had to follow orders within an organizational structure. If I had the good fortune of being the sole inventor/owner of the device, i would probably photobomb my own pictures to encourage me along my path. Other than that, I've lived a good life with few regrets. My mistakes all got me to where I am now. I'd certainly not win the lottery as I full well know that money just presents one with a different set of problems to face, often times larger more complex problems. Time travel is really nothing more than teleportation, so maybe I'd try to solve some of the world's greatest mysteries, at least for the sake of my own curiosity. I may take a peek at how the pyramids were built or something like that. But in reality, the computational complexity with accurately landing would make very short trips the only feasible options, at least at first, so I'd perhaps visit myself the day before and tell me whether or not I should take an umbrella that day or not...

Will save lifes :)
To put a different spin to the original question of this thread; if you traveled back in time, what would you do ?
If you mean at this current time, I would probably go back to before 2000 and warn people about 9/11. If it was greater in the future to go back I would bring a cure for cancer and other diseases. If I was going to reveal myself I would try and warn people about natural disasters and wars. I would do the best I could to give specifics unlike most alleged time travelers. I would remain anonymous though. If it was a one way trip, after I had done all I could I would settle down and try to become some kind of teacher, preferably an elementary teacher. That way I could secretly bring up a part of the generation the right way.

warn
If you mean at this current time, I would probably go back to before 2000 and warn people about 9/11. If it was greater in the future to go back I would bring a cure for cancer and other diseases. If I was going to reveal myself I would try and warn people about natural disasters and wars. I would do the best I could to give specifics unlike most alleged time travelers. I would remain anonymous though. If it was a one way trip, after I had done all I could I would settle down and try to become some kind of teacher, preferably an elementary teacher. That way I could secretly bring up a part of the generation the right way.
warning people about 9/11 would just result in you getting locked up an interrogated ad nauseum... We could use some better footage of the Pentagon incident though, the FBI snatched up all the footage from the Sheraton and the gas station from across the street and neither have ever been released. Teaching kids sounds inspiring.

warn
warning people about 9/11 would just result in you getting locked up an interrogated ad nauseum... We could use some better footage of the Pentagon incident though, the FBI snatched up all the footage from the Sheraton and the gas station from across the street and neither have ever been released. Teaching kids sounds inspiring.
Given the time of the attack I'm sure the NSA didn't have the resources to track down some anonymous person on the web. In 2001 the web was still in its infancy. And "if" you were tracked down and arrested, you would probably have some way to prove you were not of the same time. This kinda relates back to the original question too. A time traveler would have to bear so much burden and responsibility if they revealed themselves. Its really not worth it in the end.

Given the time of the attack I'm sure the NSA didn't have the resources to track down some anonymous person on the web. In 2001 the web was still in its infancy. And "if" you were tracked down and arrested, you would probably have some way to prove you were not of the same time. This kinda relates back to the original question too. A time traveler would have to bear so much burden and responsibility if they revealed themselves. Its really not worth it in the end.
if you were ever able to prove you were not form that time, then the end result is you would be locked up an interrogated ad nauseum, just a different line of questioning

Go build the pyramids lol
some would make the case that this is, in fact, how the pyramids were built... Interesting. There are startlingly similar engineering and masonry techniques used in Easter Island, Giza, and Angkor Wat, and these 3 well known Ancient sites as well as numerous others all lie along the same circumferential path that bisects the Earth. Interesting, if not from the future, at least people from a far advanced civilization seemed to be putting mathematical signatures all over the holy sites of the planet. I really want to code this up to verify it, but, alas, against my better judgement, I shall post the unvetted link nonetheless: Sine Wave Alignments

Back