"The future ain't what it used to be."

Will the real John Titor please stand up?

i wonder why im the only one that knows. i mean, the path to finding out who titor is is documented here, you just have to work hard and for a long time to get there. in the end though, its not worth it. it just ends up being a old, fat guy behind the desk... with a computer degree.

I still care after all these years but I've only known for about 8 years now. And I have friends that are interested in the John Titor story.

The final verdict was posted years ago. It's commonly referred to as the John Titor hoax nowadays. So I'll say it.
"Who cares"

Also, since we are already on the topic (and I was not about to bring it up myself) I would like to share an interesting (and hopefully original) observation I made on the faxes to Bell. With everyone's approval of course. I don't think this has been brought up yet. Will I get a "who cares" from Darby?
What has not been brought up yet? You never said.

This broadcast apparently occurred several years earlier.

The faxes were read on-air in August 1998. (I'm not home right now so I can't check my files - but it was July or August, the week that Bell came back after his first "retirement".) The reason Pamela and I were able to get to the transcript is because we used to listen to Bell and recalled the show (which at that time was only 3 years old).

It referred to a building missing in New York which was supposed to make it seem as if Titor knew about 911 back in 1998.

Yes. He said that. It was in response to how there was a small difference (divergence) between parallel worlds. Again, I don't have my notes here but the quote should be made in its full context. If I come back to this thread later today when I'm at home I'll post the entire context.

Even if we assume he was talking about the WTC for all we know he was talking about the 1993 WTC bombing and that it was, on that world, successful in bring the towers down.

This has been discussed several times.

Funny how people want to read too much in to things!? Guess we all like some Magic, Mystery and excitement in a dull old world!
It's fairly obvious the reason for the Titor thing- just open your eyes.

Having said that- it's a nice discussion for newbies, like me only a few weeks back.
(And thanks to Darby for helping me out there with a few answers- appreciated :))

But, the intrigue dies fairly quickly for most anyway.
It's all a bit like the big marketing hype for the "new Beatles/ re-formed Beatles" that took place back in the 70's by a band called KLAATU! check it out.
Very disappointing when the truth outs.
Dave

Hi Noze,
I'll have a proper read later sometime- after I have done more work before the bad weather arrives here in the UK.

Doubt if I can add match though- there are people around here have studied the Titor thing in much greater detail than I have for certain. In fact, they were involved directly with it.
If I have little or nothing to add, I shan't post for the sake of it.
I would like to add though, there are far too many discrepancies in this story than there should be.
Titor's predictions were way off kilter, and those technical manuals look like total fakes without any doubt to my eyes.
In fact, I am sure I can pin down parts of that manual- if either the time or inclination exists- which it doesn't!:(

Dave

Obvious!
It must be The Joker!
;)

(PS: just edited from I must be the Joker- to IT must be the Joker! Dunno which is the more accurate!?) ;):)

I am Batman, Superman, Bhagavad Gita, John Titor, & the Wendy's TV commercial "where's the beef?" old lady all wrapped into one.When I go schizo, I go big, go eclectic, or I go home!:eek:

RMT

NozeItAll

First off, Rainman is not a superhero. That wouldn't be the first time he got caught misdirecting someone. Second thing is I want to point out that the laser picture is not possible. 2 gees of gravity will not bend a light beam. If the gravity field was as strong as depicted in the picture, there is a definite probability that a human holding a laser pointer would be just a puddle of mush. And that is part of the real physics that Titor didn't seem to comprehend. So in our universe, the laser picture is a fake.

But isn't there a possibility that some technology could exist at some point that would focus a gravitational field and contain it within say... a few inches of the device? Perhaps the power was at a low setting for the demonstration?

Yes, all of this is possible in the Science Fiction universe. But here in our universe beliefs can't be made to conform to reality.

It seems the only thing missing then is for someone to identify the specific person/people behind it and provide evidence to support it that anyone else can verify. Only at that point will the general stop asking about it.

If only Drain Bamaged were here to make it so. Other than being exposed to Drain Bamaged, I do believe there isn't anything that could separate a person from his or her beliefs.

(Drain Bamaged was a poster on Anomalies.net that could separate you from your belief in Titor. Brute force was his tactic, and he had to be restrained on several occasions.)

I know why 2015 was chosen for the fictional story, but that information is Above Top Secret and none of you would consider it evidence. Because real evidence can't be proven. And no one can detour my belief of John Titor since I came here in June 2004 (and when I first learned about John Titor.) I never heard of the John Titor story until 2004 when I came to TTI. I am cpguy and my super hero name is Computer Programming Guy. I"m no computer programmer yet, but I'm on my way. So, for now I'm just Guy Sparkman. I am not John Titor. Keep looking.

The Grey Shadow (Real Life Super Hero)

P.S. I'm known in the Real Life Superhero community if you ask the (NYI) Initiative leader or C-4 (Cherry City Citizen Crusaders) or Mr. Xtreme of the Xtreme Justice League.

P.S.S. I'm also a method actor.

P.S.S.S. Welcome to my world. =P

Back