Wouldn't it be easier to see into the past?

shard

Temporal Novice
Wouldn\'t it be easier to see into the past?

I was pondering the possibilities and dangers of time travel, and as we seem to like sending probes to planets, perhaps seeing into the past would be a first step?
I would certainly be happier to see where I was going first than to get my calculations wrong and end up in the oval office!
Sort of look before you leap scenario?
I know we like the idea of sending humans to planets etc, but we always use probes first anyways, so would sending them back or forward be any different?

Re: Wouldn\'t it be easier to see into the past?

Please clarify what your saying, you start to talk about looking into the past, which is rather simple. then you talk about seeing what your going to do before you do it, which raises many a paradox.

Just being sure of where i was supposed to arrive by sending a probe first then i could arrive without causing a problem etc.
IE: I want to arrive in a time such as say the opening night of star wars the film, if i was to appear near the queue rather than in an empty alley, that may cause a bit of a problem yes?
So, look before you leap.

Just being sure of where i was supposed to arrive by sending a probe first then i could arrive without causing a problem etc.
IE: I want to arrive in a time such as say the opening night of star wars the film, if i was to appear near the queue rather than in an empty alley, that may cause a bit of a problem yes?
So, look before you leap.

Unfortunately having a probe appear out of thin air might cause more of a problem than a person - especially for people queuing to see Star Wars... /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

James

Okay maybe probe is the wrong word, maybe just seeing where you are about to leap, through some sort of viewer? See into the past etc, of course this would have to be in real time, make sure the crazy lady with the cats see's you of course, /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

there is already a device or "viewer" out there it was invented by a catholic priest named Vernetty (i think) its called a chrono viser and it works on a principle that light waves don't dissapear but simply break down to wave lengths no longer visable

where is this chrono viser you ask

I'll tell you. its in the basement of the vatican buts thats a topic for a different thread