Some answers for TT_0:
1. According to the Constitution, who do you think has the final word on choosing a President and why?
I would say that the senate could use article 1 section 3 and appoint a president pro tem. or they can use the 20th amendment section 3. this could have been used in the recent case and a run off election could have been done.
2. Do you think the Electoral College should be continued?
Yes, it can disagree with the popular vote. I thought the popular vote was more democratic.
3. Why do you think the Bill of Rights was written?
To preserve order and protect the people and to give them a sense of participation in the formation of policy in government.
4. What is your opinion of the second amendment to the Bill of Rights?
It seems as though I suffer from being myopic as well, the right to bear arms is all I ever heard. I think it has been taken out of context as an excuse to have a gun and do anything you want with it. I think there should be some sort of responsibility amendment.
5. Does anyone know what industry is the largest US political contributor?
I thought it was the tobacco industry.
6. Does anyone know who owns the majority of the solar power research and development companies?
Other major power companies, P.G.+E, Con Edison. Dow Chemical also is in there.
7. Imagine you have all the money and power you desire. What do you see yourself doing?
Two things. Manufacturing electric cars – the right way. Research in my own lab.
8. What is the longest distance you ever ran and/or walked at one time without stopping?
Along time ago, 15 miles – a walk-a-thon for muscular dystrophy. More recently, 1 mile to and from work. I like to see the stars in the early morning while going to work.
9. What is the longest period of time you went without food?
7 days, just to see if I could. 24 hours no water no food, 168 hours no sleep. Not in that order and not all at once 🙂
10. Do you know what Cholera is and how to avoid getting it?
Not sure on this one. I think it has something to do with un-purified water. You would need to boil the water or add a purifying agent to it.
Hows that Pam? :-))
[This message has been edited by djayr42 (edited 16 December 2000).]