This could be a good exercise in Logic and Critical Thinking. I will try to approach this from a math set theory point of view.
1. John says he is a TT. ( Ok, here we have a basic statement)
2. John says he came here (1975 actually) for an IBM 5100 computer. ( Ok, he has a purpose)
3. John wants to remain anon but posts numerous posts to this board and at least 2 others where he expounds on, among other things, the functioning and design of the TT machine.
(OK, here is the BIG problem. Why would a TT’er reveal himself & the TT machine? In John’s stated mission, these actions have no purpose.)
4. John alludes to a civil war being started between the Democrats and Republicans. Later, this escalates into WW3 and he mentions that it is a “good” thing for our soceity. ( 3 billion people dead a “good” thing?)
5. John tells us to: buy a gun, find 5 friends, get a bicycle, yada, yada, yada. ( this conflicts with his above comments: here he seems to want to save some people, while above he wants to kill us all off)
6. In previous posts John mentions that he has no idea what GINGER is but in a later post he mentions media hype and alludes to IT not amounting to much.
7. John mentions the Big War(2015) was between the Cities of America (the enemy of John) and Russia, China, etc.(so not only do we have a civil war but now we have a war between the city folk and rural folk in the US, AND a world war)
8. John says the civil war which starts in 2004 or 2005 (depending on the post) leads to the world war which starts in 2015. ( So we have a TEN YEAR civil war???)
9. John mentions that the mechanical typewriter is a major machine again in the future, but in another post says the Internet still exists and is widely used.
( Who builds typewriters anymore and who last used the typewriter in a most infamous way? Hint: he lived in a one room cabin in Montana and hated technology and soceity)