Roel van Houten's Posts

Roel van Houten

January 14, 2001 7:11 am
Post Count

Hi,

With all due respect mr. TimeTravelActivist, but you to have contributed to the decline of this thread. To be honest, TimeTravel_0 had more useful things to say than you.

I’m not at all convinced he is a timetraveler, but his posts often carried some information that I could think about. Ask him some clear questions instead of vague stories.

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam

Roel van Houten

January 7, 2001 1:02 pm
Post Count

Hi people,

I agree with Trott here… Banning time-travel (if time-travel is possible in the first place) seems virtually impossible.

However I find it very disturbing that people would want to ban time-travel. That’s like trying to stop the invention of computertechnology. Time-travel may prove to be very useful in the future.

TimeTravelActivist: You are right, I haven’t been around long enough to know what you’re all about. However, after reading your website I decided that your story is just as trustworthy as Timetravel_0s’story, but it lacks evidence. Yet you want him to prove that he’s a timetraveler. Don’t you think that’s a little bit unfair?

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam

Roel van Houten

January 4, 2001 12:49 pm
Post Count

Hi everyone,

Pamela, to respond to your previous post:

yes, we’ve had some snow over here, but it’s raining cats and dogs again as usual.. 🙂

From our point of view, lets just say “this worldline”, timetravel does not yet exist. To put it in other words: timetravel will (probably) exist in the future, but assuming time goes by in chronological order it does not exist yet.

If we take a “non-linear” approach to time, timetravel does indeed already exist. It all just depends on the way you look at things. I guess we’re both right in this case.

As for Timetravel_0. I’m very sceptic about the story he has provided us with. But it remains an interesting story nonetheless. It doesn’t matter whether we believe it or not. At least he’s caused a 6 page thread and he made people think about certain aspects of modern society. It’s only logical that someone from the future has no gain in proving that he really is a timetraveler.

So lets just stick to the subject of timetravel instead of proving or disproving the story of Timetravel_0.

As for Juanito and TimeTravelActivist. Listen very carefully, I shall only say this once 😉 Perhaps it’s a good idea to start a new thread called “The Resistance” or something similar. That would be a great opportunity to discuss the “danger” of timetravel and recruit new members.

Greetings from rainy Amsterdam, it feels like I’m freezing yet the water that falls from the sky does not :-))

Roel van Houten

January 2, 2001 1:32 pm
Post Count

Hi everyone,

With all due respect, but the story about the “Waverider” sounds pretty ridiculous compared to the story that TimeTravel_0 provided us with.

I don’t think timetravel will exist for a couple of decades to come, maybe even centuries. But I strongly believe that timetravel will not be possible without the aid of a machine of somekind.

Nowadays people are said to be using 30% of their brainpower and although people have accomplished many great things, I don’t believe the remaining 70% is enough to travel through time. There are myths about monks and priests who were able to levitate by focussing their thoughts, but that’s nothing compared to timetravel.

Anyone?

Roel van Houten