"The future ain't what it used to be."

I think I was born in the future

Icillious

Timekeeper
I think I was born in the future and that my father is a time traveler. How can I tell if this is true?

My name is David and I am 15 years old and I am from Wellington New Zealand. My user name 'Icillious' is from the name of a character of a young adult book I remember reading when I was five. I have not been able to find this book in any book store. The book was called The Movable [something]; but I cannot remember the last part. The only thing I really remember about it was that half the pages were missing. I found it under the house. It had been under there for a long time. It was dry. My father read part of it to me but we could not finish it because of the missing pages. The woman down the road from me is a hypnotist and says that she might be able to help me remember. But I do not know whether to take it this far or not or if I am going crazy.

I have some memories of the house when I was young. We used to live by the sea and my father would fish there. He also carried up large buckets of seawater from the waves and which he would fill a tank by our caravan with. He would use a pump to push the water onto the roof of the caravan and into a green container. Then he would show me where the water went by following the pipe and tapping it with his fish knife. The pipe would feed inside and form a pool under the mesh of our stove. He would turn on a button and the water would burn as if it was gasoline. There would be a smell in the air as well. We used to wrap the fish we had cleaned and guttered in banana leaves and pour olive oil over them and cook them on the stove. Then we would eat them always with rice. There was an older man that used to visit us. He was always dressed in green shirt and pants and a hat. He used to bring my father suppliers and talk to him. They used to fish together as well. I think that this person was my grandfather.

Anyway, just thought I would share that.

I think I was born in the future and that my father is a time traveler. How can I tell if this is true?

My name is David and I am 15 years old and I am from Wellington New Zealand. My user name 'Icillious' is from the name of a character of a young adult book I remember reading when I was five. I have not been able to find this book in any book store. The book was called The Movable [something]; but I cannot remember the last part. The only thing I really remember about it was that half the pages were missing. I found it under the house. It had been under there for a long time. It was dry. My father read part of it to me but we could not finish it because of the missing pages. The woman down the road from me is a hypnotist and says that she might be able to help me remember. But I do not know whether to take it this far or not or if I am going crazy.

I have some memories of the house when I was young. We used to live by the sea and my father would fish there. He also carried up large buckets of seawater from the waves and which he would fill a tank by our caravan with. He would use a pump to push the water onto the roof of the caravan and into a green container. Then he would show me where the water went by following the pipe and tapping it with his fish knife. The pipe would feed inside and form a pool under the mesh of our stove. He would turn on a button and the water would burn as if it was gasoline. There would be a smell in the air as well. We used to wrap the fish we had cleaned and guttered in banana leaves and pour olive oil over them and cook them on the stove. Then we would eat them always with rice. There was an older man that used to visit us. He was always dressed in green shirt and pants and a hat. He used to bring my father suppliers and talk to him. They used to fish together as well. I think that this person was my grandfather.

Anyway, just thought I would share that.

Looks like life after the Pole Shift...

i Send a PM...

:oops:

Greetings David, and welcome to the forum.

I used to live and work in Wellington for awhile...back in 1997. I worked in the big BNZ building downtown and lived just over the hill in Kelburn, just a bit south of the botanical garden on Ngaio Rd. What a beautiful city, in a beautiful country! I know you might not think so, but you are quite lucky to be where you are.

I'm not so sure about your being born to a time traveler but, as you say, I just thought I would share the above! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Take care,

RMT

Hi

I like living in Wellington. The only thing I do not so much like about it is that it is really cold. Windy too. I would like to live in Nelson if I could move somewhere. Right now I am living in Island Bay. Its a nice place to live. It has a beach and stuff. The only thing is, the wind hits the beach strong so you cannot really do anything at the beach. Its just too cold.

I remembered more of the book by the way (I posted it on some book forums). Maybe someone has heard of it. But it is driving me a bit crazy. What I remember is this, there is like this girl who can do magic and her friend is a small black cat or other animal. Then there is this warrior frog who climbs ladders into the sky, and of course that man Icillious who is like a character from the story. I just keep imagining that I had read this book and found it under the our house.

Maybe the book is around the world somewhere and then I will have peace of mind. Maybe my mind is just not remembering things right. Anyway, one day I might go see the hypnotist. But I that will be only if it keeps bugging me. When I asked my father about the stove by the way, that was powered by water, he told me it was just a gas stove and that we did not live by the sea, but in Auckland. But I was sure it was powered by water, and I am sure we lived by the sea. The stove made this vibrating sound and the water caught fire.

Anyway, that is my two cents with time travel. At least, how I remember it.

Thanks for the replies. And if you ever hear of the book, please email me.

David

"I think I was born in the future and that my father is a time traveler. How can I tell if this is true?"

The main problem in determining this is that travel through time - especially from the future to the past - might well short circuit or erase some of your memories. Sort of like turning the clock back, and with it all memories of the later time, which you no longer inhabit.

I went to a friend - not the lady down the road (she is unwell at the moment) - but to a friends dad. Who does a little bit of hypnosis. Here is some things my friends wrote down while I was under. Maybe they might be of some interest. I don't know:

1) I was five and sitting in front of dinner table. My father comes in and places a box down on the table. He takes out a small square box about the size of a marble (could be smaller. It seems large because I am small). The box is was partly clear and partly black. There is a rainbow on one side only. He presses a button on it and it makes a keyboard on the table (like a projector but brighter and not effected by the sunlight) and then makes a screen behind it the air (but it was clear). You can touch the air where the screen is and things seem to happen like a touch screen computer.

2) I was walking alone a dusty road with a mask on my face and my shoes were worn out. A man in a army jacket picked me up and brought me to a river and we filled up a water tank. We can only take water from a moving water. My dad shows up and we are following something in the desert.

3) I am walking through a building with my father. It is like a skyscraper but half of the building is gone. In the horizon is the ocean and he points and tells me that is where we are going.

4) I am eating a sandwich and my father asks me if I want more fish on it. He is laughing and makes a joke about something but I do not understand. He is smoking a cigarette. I look to the side of our van and on the side of the van has been painted a cross. After dinner my father reads me the bible while I am in my sleeping bag (my father today however is an Atheist and swears he always has been (so not sure what this means or if my mind is making it up).

5) We are out at a desert and my father opens a door in the ground and goes down and comes back with tins of soup. We fill up our truck. There are two children on the back and a man with a rifle. We fill up the truck and then we are driving and I look out at the desert and fall asleep.

7) We are by the beach and my father puts a red powder in the water and it washes around in the waves. He fills his jug from it and brings it to our camp. He places it in between two metal rods and the top of the water catches on fire. We roasts our food over it.

I am going to go to hypnosis each week and do more. I am also writing it down. I will post them here. Maybe. Don't know.

Back