Cosmo's 3D Printer Project Feed

Cosmo

Staff member
Aug 27, 2020
Washougal, WA
timetravelinstitute.com
Along with our primary Twitch channel, TTI also runs a 24/7 stream called TimeTravelInsititute2 for our ongoing projects and other behind the scenes/technical goings-on. Make sure to follow TimeTravelInstitute for regular broadcasts, and TimeTravelInstitute2 for classic Art Bell and a window into whatever weirdness we're up to.
https://twitch.tv/timetravelinstitute
I'll do my best to keep this thread up to date with whatever's going on, but you'll always get an alert if you're following us there.

Currently, I am printing the next batch of parts for our Back to the Future Part I Delorean Time Machine build.

Last edited:

Cosmo

Staff member
Aug 27, 2020
Washougal, WA
timetravelinstitute.com
Hey Cosmo...wow, watching that thingy go back and forth is kind of hypnotic.. How much noise does that beast make?
Can't wait to see the finished product! Also noted the design comes with free future updates - very appropriate...
It's actually not too bad. It's noisier if you're right next to it to hear all the movements and things, but in our house there's plenty of ambient noise. Three kids, a dog, a cat, a turtle and always some music going somewhere. We don't notice it at all.

I'll get a proper recording of it in one of the next updates, but about the three minute mark is pretty accurate for what it sounds like when the house is quiet:

Ours is in a great big pine cabinet, meant for a 30-somethign inch TV in the 90s. 7 feet tall and solid wood, so plenty of sound dampening going on. I just never want to move again, it weighs a ton.

This is a lil off-topic but one of my all-time favs is the Ford "Seattle-ite XXI" concept car with nuke engine from 1962-63. Kind of vehicle you could imagine coming across in Fallout 4 game. I recently managed to reconstruct the original publicity brochure for my website. If anyone's interested here's the PDF link.

• Wow
Reactions: Cosmo and Dizzie

Dizzie

Time Wizard
Aug 21, 2013
Recently I've thought that there are maybe some vague similarities between Bell and Robert Lawrence Kuhn of Closer to Truth.

Cosmo

Staff member
Aug 27, 2020
Washougal, WA
timetravelinstitute.com
Man, those last prints took a while to clean up. They came out great though, and I'll post a Part III when the wheels have finished :) 24/7 stream seems to be working well! Every now and then one of my kids sticks their face in there and sticks their tongue out.

Reactions: Dizzie

Dizzie

Time Wizard
Aug 21, 2013
Man, those last prints took a while to clean up. They came out great though, and I'll post a Part III when the wheels have finished :) 24/7 stream seems to be working well! Every now and then one of my kids sticks their face in there and sticks their tongue out.
Haha hope to see one of the goobers

Cosmo

Staff member
Aug 27, 2020
Washougal, WA
timetravelinstitute.com
First half of the frame came out pretty dang good. Monster print for the second half, 36 hours, which I'll start shortly.

Toying with the idea of running some Farscape or other old scifi shows in place of the second camera angle. Let me know what you'd be interested in seeing, might be able to accommodate.

Part III coming today or tomorrow!

Dizzie

Time Wizard
Aug 21, 2013
I'm imaging Doc Brown with a 3D printer now. Some day, probably when Bob Gale passes on, there has got to be a reboot of the series.