"The future ain't what it used to be."

The many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.

So there is a universe where I wrote Where The Streets Have No Name instead of Bono & The Edge?

Great! I can't wait for my royalty checks to start rolling in!
RMT

In fact, there must be a universe where I wrote ALL the U2 songs....and all the Rolling Stones songs...and all The Who songs...and all of Beethoven's symphonies...and indeed all music ever written!

Yeah, sounds silly doesn't it?
RMT

The thing about the MWI is that if that is the nature of things.....then time travel , although interesting to the traveller, will to all intents and purposes not exist for everyone else..the traveller will cease to exist here and will never be able to return. The act of time travelling will shunt him off into a different future or futures but to those left behind it will be business as normal.

Brian Greene, professor of physics and mathematics of Columbia University agrees with you, Paul MC.

There are many people out there with bright and open minds in the world. Do not be troubled by the narrow minded in an Internet forum.

Watch this video. It fully support and explains your argument in Many Worlds Interpretation. I believe that the scientists in this video are much more qualified and highly educated than anyone here.

Back