"The future ain't what it used to be."

Time Travel is and will never be possible

G

There are too many problems with the theory of time travel, take this example, I go back in time and kill my mom when she is being born but if thst is possible i would never have ben born thus not able to make the trip back in time to kill my mom, but if i didnt kill my mom i would have been born, See? it just doesnt make sence. Another question that comes to mind is, If someone from the future travels back in time dont you think we would have seen this time traveler pass through our own present time?

Maybe there's a hierarchy of space-time (time doesn't really exist by itself except as an abstract concept in the minds of men), where (or is it when?) higher space-time has the ability to cancel out lower space-time without destroying or cancelling the higher space-time. You may be right or you may be wrong. Who knows?

If there are more than three physical dimensions, then almost anything is possible. Try to imagine what a 4th or even 5th-dimensional Being is able to see and do.

Your comments are purely based on a 1-dimensional view of the universe. If time travel did exist, it would not be plauged by such paradoxes as they are impossible and would never arise. Travelling though time remmeber is purely only relevant tothe observer, hence why we notice no time travellers ! (if there are any).

PP and Peter J. Attwood

You'd better pray that "Lee" doesn't read your comments. He will jump all over you for not reading previous postings (like he did to me a few weeks ago). He's quite intelligent, but appears to be very moody and volatile.

Anyhow, I agree with you about time travel. I believe that concepts of time travel are akin to invalid math. i.e., we can force a desired result by utilizing invalid math processes, but the fact remains that the processes are invalid, hence, the results are invalid. In other words, the concept of "time travel" is a totally invalid concept. We can no better travel though time any more than we can travel through the colors of the rainbow, or travel through temperature, or travel through voltage (get my point?).

Mike

Object!
Have you ever seen the movie "Back to the Future"?
In that movie, the boy stopped his father from marriage, so he was disappearing every moment.
I have two hypothesis.

One is that if you change something when you go back to the past, you will create a new dimension (like the movie).

The second is that there is one and only one time dimension, so anything you changed when you went into the past will be changed back, one way or another. Like if you killed your mother, maybe you didn't kill anyway, and she revived from the hospital. Or maybe you were the son of another set of parents. Who knows?

Earth isn't completely in 3 dimension, it has part of the 4 dimension! The only problem was that in 4 dimension we can only go in 1 direction and a speed set for us. So if somebody travelled through time, you can see it --- if you are at the exact time and place!

Object!
Have you ever seen the movie "Back to the Future"?
In that movie, the boy stopped his father from marriage, so he was disappearing every moment.
I have two hypothesis.

One is that if you change something when you go back to the past, you will create a new dimension (like the movie).

The second is that there is one and only one time dimension, so anything you changed when you went into the past will be changed back, one way or another. Like if you killed your mother, maybe you didn't kill anyway, and she revived from the hospital. Or maybe you were the son of another set of parents. Who knows?

Earth isn't completely in 3 dimension, it has part of the 4 dimension! The only problem was that in 4 dimension we can only go in 1 direction and a speed set for us. So if somebody travelled through time, you can see it --- if you are at the exact time and place!

Bull crap! There may be many different laws to time travel. Mabye only once the travel has been accomplished than that time line has the outcome!

Re:Re:Time Travel is and will never be possible

If you are at the EXACT place, how can you occupy that EXACT space with the same matter if you go to the past???

Re:Re:Re:Time Travel is and will never be possible

You won't have conflict with the same matter --- you aren't even in the same dimension, so how can you have conflict?

Re:Re:Re:Re:Time Travel is and will never be possible

Ray, the dimension would be the same. I believe that time is on a straight line. A line is the shortest distant between two points. For example our line is A-B-C. C=the present, B=the one hour before the present, and A=(the objective)2 hours before the present. If you start at point C and plan to travel back to A you would have to pass thru B. The time at B wouldn't be long but it would happen and the matter collides.

To reach A without a collision, you would have to include motion. You would arrive at A-time but not A-same time line. Even if it were possible to travel to the past there are too many varibles involved, i.e.: the the destinantion would have to be close and controlled from the C-A time. No object could traverse the area or the same collision occurs. If you did arrive at the C time, it would be a tangent off of the original C time line.

Sorry for the basic break-down of the event sequence.

Mike I

Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Time Travel is and will never be possible

What I mean is it is impossible to travel through time in the 3rd dimension, so in order to travel through time, you have to find a way to break into the 4th or higher dimension, and then come back to the 3rd.

Like if you are on a plane, and then you go "up" from the plane. You travel to the left, then go back "down" again to the plane.

Back