"The future ain't what it used to be."

from author lloyd pye

G

the follow is copied email FROM noted author lloyd pye, CHECK it out.

Hello Again:

Good news, bad news. Good news: on the 19th I filmed a 5-minute segment about the Starchild skull for the CBS affiliate TV station in Jackson, Missississippi. That station produces the country's only regular news segments dealing with the Unexplained, and last year they won an Emmy for it. In addition, I leave tomorrow (22nd) to appear live for 5-minutes on a morning SHOW of NBC's affiliate in San Francisco (29th). If 5 minutes doesn't sound like much, I was on-camera for The Learning Channel for about 6 minutes, so a lot can be done with 5 minutes. This trip is important because I have to illustrate in at least a few major local markets that I'm a good presenter of the Starchild information. If I do well, I should be invited to appear at the national level.

To further the goal of gaining national exposure, I intended to try to get on similar local morning shows in any of the other major markets that would have me: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, and most important of all, Atlanta, home of CNN. If I went to Atlanta, I had every intention of taking the Starchild to them so they could see for themselves how powerfully telegenic it is. The goal there, of course, would be to get on with Larry King or Connie Chung or any of their major interviewers who could provide a long-format (half-hour) presentation in front of an audience large enough to put our funding effort over the top.

Bad news. I paid for appearing on the Jackson SHOW (no local TV gives any pay, only exposure), and I will also pay for the San Francisco SHOW (you have to be there in person; locals don't do remotes) because I made a committment to them. However, I made that committment believing UFO fans would be as excited as I am about the second chance The Learning Channel provided to reignite the Starchild Project. Unfortunately, it's been 12 days since "Mystery of the Skulls" aired, and so far I have THREE donations totaling $200---two for $50 and one (from Australia!) for $100. This is embarrassingly unacceptable.

Now I have NO plans to do anything more than the San Francisco show. I had intended to try to contact Los Angeles stations while I was on the west coast...Seattle...San Diego...possibly Las Vegas. But for me to do that out of my own pocket would be beyond unfair, it would be stupid. Three years ago, when I mounted a similar publicity tour for the Starchild, I came out of nowhere with it and for a long time could provide only theories and opinions about what it might be. To establish FACTS about it, I had to drive 70,000 miles, pound a heck of a lot of pavement, and knock on countless doors. In the end I got what was needed, but the price was steep. It chewed up $20,000 in first-round donations, and left me with a personal shortfall of $50,000.

I'm not complaining, I'm informing. I made my decision and I live with it because I did gain something valuable in return: now I can speak about the Starchild with AUTHORITY and CONVICTION. More importantly, I now have undeniable test results that can't be dismissed by some "expert" saying, "He doesn't know what he's talking about." I DO know what I'm talking about. Three years ago we were guessing---today we KNOW, and what we know is that the Starchild is VERY LIKELY to prove out to be not entirely human. Not one test we've had done on it has indicated anything other than we're on the right track. That's why we've stuck with it.

What I'm bringing to the TABLE in behalf of UFO fans is KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE. But I'm not bringing any more than the several hundred dollars the trip to San Francisco will cost me. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me. This is something the UFO community is either going to swing behind and support fully, or they're going to let this opportunity wither and die the way the first round did. It's not my call. If you collectively decide that you want me to act in your behalf, I will. But not under the present circumstances. Understand: I'm not asking for my lost $50,000 to be reimbursed. It's been two years since that happened, so I'm over the worst of it. However, I DO require committed support this time around.

If the collective body of the UFO community wants a definitive answer to the mystery of the Starchild, ALL of the individuals who make up that body should CONTRIBUTE. Everyone who has said, "Why doesn't someone DO something to MAKE the government acknowledge the reality of UFO's?" should contribute. Everyone who has said, "Why is it that when it comes down to our word against their word, THEIR word is what the media always believes?" should contribute. Everyone whose belief in UFO's has caused them to be ridiculed by family and friends, should contribute. Everyone who is tired of government and media brushing us off like flies because we can't organize ourselves enough to rally around even ONE worthwhile cause, should contribute.

This whole sorry mess reminds me of a saying my mother used to nag me with to get me to grasp the idea of accepting individual responsibility to serve the common good. Maybe it will sound familiar to you, too. We ALL need to be reminded of it once in a while, if only to serve the good intentions of our mothers.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Personally, I've done my share. The Starchild's owners have done theirs. They took out a second mortgage at one point to keep the project afloat. Now the wife of the pair is quite ill with an exotic malady that is draining their finances even more. Yet despite all the money problems the Starchild has caused us, you will notice that in three+ years there have been NO Starchild T-shirts, posters, bumper stickers, or even Mardi Gras masks! (We were offered that as a business opportunity by a company here in N.O.) We've said no to ALL offers to commercialize the Starchild because we don't want to allow establishment scientists to be able to say, "You can't believe a word those people utter because they're only in it to make money." Imagine if that complaint against us was true! The media and the public wouldn't believe us no matter WHAT the DNA tests said.

They tell me that motivating the collective consciousness of a large GROUP of people is one of the hardest things in the world to do. How does one person isolated FROM thousands of others find a way to galvanize them all to act in approximately the same way at approximately the same time? Good question! All I can do is tell you this: TIME IS SHORT. The novelty of The Learning Channel appearance will wear off in a few weeks at most. We'll be a rerun in two or three more months. If I don't act SOON, the bloom will be off the rose and I won't be able to get the major networks or interview shows to consider the Starchild as "news." I'll be behind the curve with not much hope of catching up. So now we come to the crux of the matter.

I'll be back here in New Orleans in about two weeks, around August 5th or 6th. If, in that time, there has been a SUBSTANTIAL increase in donations, both in number and in size, so that I'm looking at some serious money, I will reignite my campaign to get on local TV shows in major markets and try to work my way up to national awareness. If that substantial increase is NOT there, I will notify everyone to just forget about it, stop sending money, and I'll return any amount over $250 that I've received (the rules of donation are on the website). We'll call the whole thing off and I'll resume the life I've been leading for the past two years.

For those who can't or won't bother to read the website, here it is in a nutshell: we're offering a MONEY-BACK guarantee for any amount over $250 if we ultimately don't collect enough to initiate the test, OR if we initiate it and get a POSITIVE result (the Starchild is something other than human). If we initiate the test and get a result that is NEGATIVE (the Starchild is, after all, a weirdly deformed 100% human), then everyone who gives over $500 will get a prorated return of any money that is left after all the bills are paid. This is to illustrate the point that we're not in this to make money for ourselves, we just want a definitive answer one way or the other so we can move on with our lives. Living in "Starchild limbo" is not much fun.

Please pass this plea along as far and as wide as you can. IT'S IMPORTANT! And don't expect any wealthy people to come to your rescue. I'm not approaching them and they're not approaching me. This is not THEIR responsibility, it's YOURS, you who are members of the worldwide UFO community. It's YOU who will get to rub a successful result INTO the noses of the friends who ridicule you, so I think it's fair that YOU should pay for trying to secure that result. $50 or $100 FROM each of you would easily do the trick.

Now it's simply an individual decision that each of you have to make. When I return on the 5th or 6th of August, I will promptly post a score sheet to let everyone know how things stand. Again, this is purely an appeal to your collective consciousness...the collective consciousness of ALL UFO FANS everywhere.

Think about this one long and hard. And if you need any more convincing, PLEASE, go visit the website: www.starchildproject.com. Find out what you're contributing to, why we need your money, and what you can expect in return for it. And don't let the next few days of Stock Market turmoil influence your decision.

That, too, shall pass....

Lloyd Pye
[email protected]
www.lloydpye.com

Mr. Pye, do you honestly think that is going to prove anything . the aliens don't want to be exposed and they will do anything in there power , which believe me is tremendous, to keep it all secret. clara

Back