"The future ain't what it used to be."

Moon Disinformation-"A Funny Thing Happened...

persephone8

Timekeeper
Moon Disinformation-\"A Funny Thing Happened...

Hello folks,

Quite a while ago I ordered a video entitled "A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon".

It is the most bizarre article of misinformation, finely packaged and ready to be spoon feed to the public. This might have appeared on the Sci Fi channel at some point without the preachy/spooky introduction.

Let me step back two steps, and say that I am convinced of the creadibility of the contributers to the "Disclosure Project". And in the 2 hour video of interviews that I have, at some point it is revealed that we have found intelligently made structures on the moon. This information was not presented to the public.

So now that we have advanced in our ability to scrutinize the photos released by Nasa of the moon explorations, it seems as though the people who have the job to dissemintate information to divert our attention from the truth, have cooked up the concept that the Van Allen radiation belts have prevented human exploration beyond their "radiation barrier".

Well, I live in the city that is home to Van Allen's old stomping ground and live just down the street from the Van Allen Building of the university in my town. This spuedo science is really laughable.

So in this video, which starts out oddly with lots of religious symbols and cultural icons, and this polished, creepy voice of a woman....they go on to show the questionable photos that others have questioned, like the rock with the letter "C" on it.

Later in the video it has this "newly discovered film" with Neil Armstrong, Micheal Collins, and Edwin Aldrige are seen hoaxing a view of earth from their capsule window.

The innocent viewer is asked to line it all up and come to the same conclusion that they want you to think with out question. That we never landed on the moon. BUT, there is another answer to why things were fishy with the moon landings. To cover up the ET structures found on the moon.

I have no evience of this, but believe someone in Hollywood must have helped to construct a moon landing that the government and people expected, not the one that really happened.

My favorite parts of the video are the interviews done with Armstrong, Collins and Aldrigde soon after the landing. They are questioned about the lack of stars in the photos from the moon. These three guys are sweating it out and very very nervous.

The real killer is seeing Neil Armstrong nearly in tears,giving a speech at the White House for the 50th anniversary of the landing (with Clinton and Gore flanking him in the back). His speech is double edged, and according to this video, that proves their point, but doesn't it really suggest another? Armstrong says "There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers". So very aptly said.

Sorry I have prattled on, but is anyone familiar with this flick? Man, it is packaged just like any blockbuster I have rented. It would be laughable, except that it cleary shows to what length the black ops want to keep the public in ignorance.

The Appropriateness of Chance is Astounding
Persephone

Re: Moon Disinformation-\"A Funny Thing Happened...

(BIG, GIANT, SIGH)

OK, I cannot, nor do I want to, try to control what you believe. And another person posting on another topic clearly did not want to believe me, when I offered her info about who I am and what I do for a living. So feel free to not believe me, but this is the God's honest truth:

I am working on one of the design teams to get us back to the Moon and on to Mars. I work with THE GUYS who designed and fielded the Apollo vehicles. I've also seen this lame-a$$ video. Here is your first clue that it is bunk:

So in this video, which starts out oddly with lots of religious symbols and cultural icons
Odd indeed! So what part does this sort of stuff play in trying to establish scientific credibility? NONE! I question ANY organization that is trying to make a scientific point that brings in elements that are outside of science. But let's get beyond that.

We went to the moon. It DID happen. What we did, or did not, find I am not going to comment on, because I have no evidence to prove we found something that we are hiding. However, it does seem awfully interesting that someone has essentially cooked-up this story of intelligently made structures on the moon....but Arthur C. Clarke already dreamed up that story in 2001: A Space Oddesey!

it seems as though the people who have the job to dissemintate information to divert our attention from the truth, have cooked up the concept that the Van Allen radiation belts have prevented human exploration beyond their "radiation barrier".
I don't understand what you are saying here. If these people are trying to support the fact that we did go to the moon, why are they saying something prevented us from going? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif But I can tell you that the Van Allen belts are not "radiation barriers". The truth about them is that these belts are caused by the earth's magentic field, and they CONDUCT radiation. Therefore, there is a hazard to humans of significant radiation dosage as they pass through these belts.

It would be laughable, except that it cleary shows to what length the black ops want to keep the public in ignorance.
It is still laughable, if you ask me. The problem with these kinds of "exposes" is that the people who put them together know just about as much about space as the average person...which is NOT A LOT. Outer space is NOTHING like good ole earth. And when you use earth-reasoning to find "faults" with images or other things from space, you are quite likely to come to an incorrect conclusion. Let's look at a few:

The funniest one is where they claim that it looks like the flag that was planted on the moon is blowing in a breeze...and there is no wind on the Moon! First, there IS a wind on the Moon, and it is called the solar wind! But that is NOT what makes the flag take an unfurled shape. It's because there is virtually NO gravity on the Moon to pull it down! I could say more about this one, but let's move on.

No stars in the pictures? The first thing we need to understand is the "state of the art" in video recording devices of today are WAY WAY WAY more sensitive to light than what we had back in the 1960s. When you don't have a high gain (sensitivity) in the camera electronics, you have problems with noise (and those videos from the Moon are clearly noisy). To prevent the noise levels of outer space from saturating the picture, thereby making it useless, they set the "noise floor" of the video devices fairly high. That means faint/dim objects (especially those in a continuous field of black) would not show up on the final video output. But that is not the only piece of science to explain lack of stars in the pictures...there is another piece. We know that we have an atmosphere here on earth, where there is none on the Moon. And we know that our atmosphere has refractive properties, such that it alters light that passes through it. In actuality, it MAGNIFIES objects that pass through it. This is why the moon looks so much bigger on the horizon than it does straight overhead: That light is passing through a larger length of atmosphere when you are viewing it on the horizon. Our atmosphere makes it easier to see stars and planets that are closer to us (but it also distorts them somewhat). Now go to the Moon. No atmosphere means no refractive properties that could potentially enlarge the view of stars. Add them together... a reasonable scientific explanation for no stars in the pictures.

I wonder if we should go further, or do you get the idea? Again, if you want to believe conspiracy theories without real evidence, that's fine. But when there is no evidence to support what they are claiming, AND there are reasonable explanations for the "anomalies" they point out, I'd say their case is looking pretty thin.

Kind Regards,
RainmanTime

I belive in a lot of conspiracies, but i do belive that we landed on the moon, also wouldn't the light reflect of the Earth block out the stars, just like why we can't see them in the daytime.

To Rainman Time,

First, I have no reason to not believe you when you tell us what your profession is. Your comments seem based in solid science.

I may have been writing in a confusing manner when I posted before about this video, "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Moon". Yes, I was suckered into buying it. But I kind of enjoy watching these things, even if I don't believe the conspiracy that is being put forth.

I do agree that we DID go to the moon.

My understanding of the radiation belts that Van Allen discovered, (though vague because I am only an amateur arm chair type of person who is just curious about the world around her.) is as you say, and I understand that there is risk involved with off earth travel having to do with radiation, but that is part of the job to minimize this risk. But I do not agree, as this silly video states, that the radiation is prohibitive in sending humans beyond our atmosphere.

Okay. I have seen some of the photographs that have put forth as evidence that some sort of hoax occured. One I recall vividly, was a monnscape with a low grade hill in the distance. They compared this to another photograph that had the same moonscape, but this had the module in the middle of the picture. So they said some one super-emposed the module into the picture. I thought, couldn't the photographer have taken a picture with the module, and then just stepped around to the other side and photograph the same moonscape with the module behind them. I don't just believe eveything that is put out there, I question it and look for corroboration. I use my common sense.

Thank you for pointing out the refractory reasons why we can see stars here, but may not see them on the moon, which has no atmosphere. Anyways, I have listened to this stuff, like the flag, and was not convinced of the story. This is very plausible and something I had not thought of before.

BUT, after taking note of the "Disclosure Project" and being thoroughly convinced by the creadible witnesses on the video I own and the stuff I have seen on the website, I am now in a state of mind to accept the possibility of artificial structures on the moon. Geodesic domes, possibly collapsed, tall towers etc. that are testified to by Sergeant Karl Wolfe, Airman 2nd Class. He was a photographic technition at Langley Air Force Base in the 1960's. He tesified to seeing photographic mosaics from the lunar orbiter. The NSA was bringing in information from the lunar orbiter and he had been asked to assist with malfunctioning equipment at a different place on the base. He testified that he saw artificial structures on the back side of the moon in these mosaics. He felt that his life was in danger.

There are different sorts of confirmations of this as you go on to watch this video of testimony. It is the cummulative nature of these testimonies and the attempt to find corroborative testimonies to similar if not the same event that has made impact upon my beliefs.

Maybe this isn't true. Who am I to say. I couldn't say for cetain unless I myself saw it on the moon.

My question is, are you familiar with the "Disclosure Project" and their premier on the National Press Club? I have often listened to National Press Club speakers on public radio. I find it to be a creadible source of information. Not a sensational TV show or such.

I do not have an opinion about "abduction" stories. No facts are there to back it up. Just a lot of people who believe this has happened to them. I can't speak to this phenomena.

So that is what I think. I hope you don't find me to be some nut or something. It would be great to learn more about what you are working on, but I am sure you are not at liberty to say too much, or whatever.

It is interesting that Dr. Greer (thehea of the Disclosure project) states that his uncle worked on the design of the lunar vehicle in the 60's. I think that is what he said, I may have recalled the details incorectly.

And I would enjoy playing devil's advocate with you on this subject if you are interested in doing so.

Persephone

"There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers" by Neil Armstrong

Hi Kevin,

My post was confusing.

I DO beleive that we have landed on the moon, as you do.

When I first CONSIDERED the prospect of humanity NOT reaching that goal, as some are putting out there, I had a profound sense of sadness. Growing up watching the TV of the landings are some of my fondest memories. So when I decided that what some were saying was hogwash, I was again in a state of confidence and joy that we had reaching that goal as a people.

I hope that clears t up a bit. I tried to explain myself more clearly in the 2nd posting that I did.

Persephone

"There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of truth's protective layers" by Neil Armstrong

OK, so you say humans ( Americans) landed on the moon ! Wow ! Why didn't any other country go to the moon. The Russians, with all their technology admited that it was impossible to go to the moon and this in 1995 not in the 60's.

Yep, in 1995 the Russian still believed that it was impossible to land and walk on the moon.

I mean come on, the Russians are not stupid poeple, these are the peeps that first went to space !

My grandfather helped put the first unmanned lander on Mars, but you're saying we never landed on the moon?

In short, we did, we were there, easy.
I at one point had a website, specifically made to counter that movie, with explinations for everything that movie said 'didn't happen' or 'wasn't there.'

I foundo ne of them, reasons that we did land. I hope you don't mind me calling all this sheer idiocy.

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html - the main debate, although it may not be fore your movie in particular, I'm sure it answers a lot of the questions 'without answers.'

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/apollohoax.html - Just some links to even more sites that prove it happened.

OK, so you say humans ( Americans) landed on the moon ! Wow ! Why didn't any other country go to the moon. The Russians, with all their technology admited that it was impossible to go to the moon and this in 1995 not in the 60's.

Yep, in 1995 the Russian still believed that it was impossible to land and walk on the moon.

I mean come on, the Russians are not stupid poeple, these are the peeps that first went to space !

Are you serious? Yea, the Russians wouldn't want to discredit the Americans
You are saying "the Russians", what do you mean? Did their govenment make an anouncement?

Why didn't any other country go? Why didn't any other country send a probe to Mars to take photo's? It must be fake! I hope that you were joking and I misunderstood, otherwise this is a very silly argument.

When I said Russian, it was the Russian space department that came forward and said that even with todays technology, humans could no walk on the moon surface. I'm not saying that lunar lander and mars lander don't exist and haven't happened just that humans could not survive being on the moon for the amount of time that they suposetly were.Unmaned mission, sure but not maned, no way.

We have a hard time sending 7 astronauts in orbit and come back safely. Noe just immaging going to the moon, play around for a few hours, plant a flag, drive a "moon car"( no man made rockets were even big enough to cary this car, how'd it get there ?) for an hour or so put a video camera 100 feet from the lander to film the take off and then get back in and go home !

Hummmmm, make me think it all crap!

P.S. have you ever taken a close look at area 51 satelite pictures, they have a very huge surface that is an exact copy of the moon surface pictures that we have all seen. I'm sure that this place was only used for traning purposes though, it wouldn't be like the Govmnt to hide this from the peeps....... Oh wait, area 51 don't exist !!! LOL !

Alienchild

I re-read my post and I apologize for the tone I took with you (I was in Chrono debunking mode!). I personally believe that the lunar landing was real, I think that there are just too many people involved to get away with a hoax. However, you do have valid comments. I do not know enough about it to really say one way or another. I'm not sure what the US had to gain by faking a lunar landing.

Rhudey, you need not to worry about your tone with me, I do not take all this personaly, it is a place of idea exchange and discussion, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

As for chrono, he's been debunked the minute he made his first post, you're putting to much effort in him, let it ride and enjoy the idiotics of it all.

Be well, the future is near!

P.S. I suggest that you locate some area 51 satelite pictures, it's very obvious that they have a luna surface.

Enjoy!

I saw the pictures, in national geographic, they were to test if a manned mission to mars ever happened someday soon, because it seems like it would, thye train for it.

Sorry for the train of thought all wrong, but i'm goin on 3 hours of sleep and its not going to well.

The funniest one is where they claim that it looks like the flag that was planted on the moon is blowing in a breeze...and there is no wind on the Moon! First, there IS a wind on the Moon, and it is called the solar wind! But that is NOT what makes the flag take an unfurled shape. It's because there is virtually NO gravity on the Moon to pull it down! I could say more about this one, but let's move on.

Actually, I believe that the flag had a stiff rod at the top of it, so that it would remain unfurled. Even in the moon's smaller gravity would pull the flag down - it's a 1/6ths of Earth's. As for the reson it "waves", if you look at the footage of it doing that, the astronaut just happens to have both his hands on the pole and is moving it about to secure it into the ground. It's the astronaut twisting the pole around, not any kind of actual wind.

I would love to watch this movie with RainmanTime. After seeing the movie I'm convinced that we didn't go to the moon in the 60's. Hopefully some of you can debate some of these reasons:

1. The actual video footage of them in the space craft faking the distance away they were from the earth. Why would they do that?

2. As the original poster said about the backgrounds. There are several pictures with the same background not just two. Surely this has to atleast prove that some pictures were faked.

3. As RMT debated with the stars: Why have the Hubble telescope then? Why couldn't they have taken a still camera set up to view stars when they were on the dark side?

I've never heard of this rumor about buildings on the moon but what sounds more far fetched, alien structures on our moon or beating all odds and landing on the moon in the 60's?

P.S. I suggest that you locate some area 51 satelite pictures, it's very obvious that they have a luna surface.

Since Area 51 is a testing facility, it wouldn't be such a shocker that there is a simulated lunar surface. To possibly "test" the vehicles before they were made public, it would make sense to have a mock up of the terrain they were going to be used on.

Back