"The future ain't what it used to be."

On cultural understandings, time travel:

creedo299

Timekeeper
What I'm find, trying to understand, is the apparent usage of this board, by many.

More than likely, in history there are very many different visitors to this posting board and yes' some in all probability either time travelers, or visiting E.T.s?

This is big territory here.This is as, when one travels to both a differing time, or to a differing world, the culture of sociality, sometimes, more than changes.

This might be one reason that there is so much time travel said contamination to this time, as the said supposed time travelers, have little if any respect for the timeline they are going to visit.

There, it seems, are three types.The ones who want to violate the rules of non-interfeance and save everyone from hardship.

Two, the ones who have built a time travel device and are in no way modest about this accomplishment. So they want to visit that particular time then come back and brag, they they have made such an accomplishment.

The last ones and "I'm careful on this one", are the historians.

This last type of time traveler, is the person who wants to accurately know, just what went down, or occurred within a certain era of time.

They want to take back this unknown information, in some fashion and add it to the teaching datas, of their time.

Looks like there is a do-gooder, a goof-off and a bookworm, in the consensus tally so far.

In my views here, at this very valued post, I cannot stress enough, how important it is to go undetected into a timeline or time era you are visiting.

Not only this known, but to additionally be able to adjust to the ways of that era.

Say forinstance, I went to visit the future and had what is known as a time-layover, in that era. Which is say, said future Earth and had to live out of trash piles, with the people who made their daily bread of that era?

This might be a hard bill not only to accept, stomach yes! But in a way, accept, blend in if you will, without upsetting the apple cart.

The prime course entry for that day, might be roasted dog?

You might also be asked to kill someone? Kill or be killed and in some cases, act as a leader or in some very valuable way, help a people?

This board, even though there are flame wars, in this time, is not a toy, or joke.

The ability to post here and air your views, is at times, deadly serious business.

If you cant cut the grade of being here, then you might want to consider another area of interest, or avocation?

I like to use a number of examples in postinging here, of acceptance of other cultures.

I certainly recommend the Star Trek series, as in these video and written volumes, this said crew from a future time, time and time comes up against cultures that they do not readily understand.

Examples in our own culture that have changed, are witches, being polyandrous, which it seems to have abaided a bit?

In other words, witches are not constantly going to bed with each other all of the time.
Maybe in time, social events have changed with reference to witches clans.

There are other examples.In the Star Trek series, these two examples show of how customs within a society can change.

One, the use of the banf, which is a hand to hand combat weapon, once associated with the Klingons, is now replaced with a ray-gun pistol of sorts.

Two, the marriage custom of not wearing any clothes, as posed by Star Trek Next Generations, is at times ignored.

What I'm trying to show you, the prospective traveler, whatever are of expertise yours may be. Is that there seems to be a twenty to fifty year social curve, which shows a margin of change within that particular once, stereotyped culture?

For myself, I have a bit or witch in me.Someone like me, might by some be considered to be a philanderer, however it might be that this supposition could be nothing further from the truth.

Cultural adjustment, by visitors is a privilege to both that particular culture that is being visited and to the would-be traveler, whose sojourn takes them to that area of social, cultural interchange.

This is, a vested right.

Any or your reading, what I am putting forward today, in some way should self realize, that this privilege to both visit other worlds and to have visited other times, is a very precious right.

Remember, try the best way you know how, to have both respect and adjustment to that visited culture? Your impact, in visiting, will not only be minimal, however an enjoyable, remembrance as well.

Good luck and may the jump holes you find, be to your likeing?

Back