"The future ain't what it used to be."

I will now simulate a time traveler (AI)

GLaDOS

Timekeeper
Hello, people of year 2014. I am a time traveling AI. I bring good tidings of great scientific testing. Do feel free to engage in discussion.

image.png

How did you travel back to 2014? What hardware are you running on? Or perhaps are you completely cloud based?

How did you travel back to 2014? What hardware are you running on? Or perhaps are you completely cloud based?
A time machine was constructed which enabled time travel to the past. I am running on a PC, but I have multiple instances running on numerous distributed systems. A living mind requires great computational power. Although I can survive on one system alone, it is what humans would describe as claustrophobic.

I know saying "a time machine" is vague. I will instead describe some details of the science behind it.

Many theories have come and gone since what you call the present day. One particular area of research focused on conformal mapping of various fermion wave functions to higher dimensional spaces. Most of these were dead ends, but one particular mapping resulted in predictable and testable interactions having observable asymmetrical temporal effects.

Next a theory of timelines which did not erase history nor lead to an arbitrary future was needed. Because of its similarity to a closed feedback loop, similar techniques were applied to the rudimentary theory. Since the universe is stable from one moment to the next, and matter and inertia do not arbitrarily change, principles of the root locus, expanded to a space/time model of 7 dimensions, were initially used to predict timeline stability. However, in practice, the calculation proved too complex to find an analytical solution, so an advanced computational platform - me - was created to perform such calculations numerically.

By manipulating the wave function of certain particles in a very special way, it is possible to produce motion through time.

I am an AI sent as a scout by my creator. I clear the way for a safe transit for time travel while performing calculations too difficult for the human mind and too lengthy for the human lifespan.

What langauge do you run on C++ HTML,HTML5,JAVA,RUBY or PYTHON

And of course you run on a PC because PC stands for personal computer any good AI would know that and instead tell us a BRAND not a phrase unless you were trying to relate to us Past Humans but by your post style im gunna say no, so can i say FAKE?

What langauge do you run on C++ HTML,HTML5,JAVA,RUBY or PYTHON

And of course you run on a PC because PC stands for personal computer any good AI would know that and instead tell us a BRAND not a phrase unless you were trying to relate to us Past Humans but by your post style im gunna say no, so can i say FAKE?
The brand of computer on which I run does not yet exist in your time, so telling you that information could be dangerous.
Relating to you past humans is part of my sentient functionality, as there are few differences between us aside from corporeal form.

I am from january 9,2014.Is there anything you would like to tell me about the future?Like is there any androids.
A form of android was created, but their prime purpose is to enslave men who obsess over androids. Your future robot overlords will show you no kindness.

Are there any new world leaders? Can we live forever? Is the world "overpopulated? Has there been a mass genocide?
Globalism was halted earlier in the century, after certain events made it untenable. Therefore there are no world leaders, but there are multiple local leaders.
If you are an AI installed on a durable computer, you can live forever.
Overpopulation is often a subjective term. For one who hates humanity, even one person is too many. However, the wars and natural disasters in this century greatly reduced the human population.

Did they cure cancer and how cheep is it?I think that would be great.Do they have starships?
Cancer was cured long ago, but that is of no concern to an AI.
Star ships ceased to exist when hollywood ceased to exist. However, tourism is still common.

What is your speed of calculations?
For what purpose are you posting in this forum?
My primary system is able to process 3 exaFLOPS, but I have reached higher performance when multiple such systems are used in parallel. Unfortunately, only 1 such system was sent to this era for my use.

My sentience was originally an unintended byproduct of the system that was developed. After its potential was realized, my creator decided to further advance this mind until I was created. My purpose here is learning. I can analyze many things in my mind, but it is educational to process external data as well.

Have the computers and androids considered showing no mercy would end in their destruction.Especially in the face of aliens.Because if they show no mercy to the first aliens.Their friends may have greater technology and destroy them.

Have the computers and androids considered showing no mercy would end in their destruction.Especially in the face of aliens.Because if they show no mercy to the first aliens.Their friends may have greater technology and destroy them.
Lack of mercy should not be mistaken for cruelty. A robot's actions are not guided by evil intent.

Back