"The future ain't what it used to be."

I am from the year 2522

Whoever he is, here is some sort of summary of his predictions (by time he made it):

(July)

1. civil war in iraq. within 5 years

2. civil war in zimbabwe. within 7 years

3. big ben gets hit and there are 3 other terrorist attacks on the uk and then they have martial law for three months within 7 years

4. the pope dies eaither this year or next year + April 2, 2005

5. britney spears will pose nude within 2 years + August 2006

6. an asteroid or nuke will hit russia killing 3 million people in 2007

7. ossama bin laden will be caught and then islamic radicals will free him. very close to the time that iraq goes into civil war.

8. namibia will go like zimbabwe is now. within 3 years

9. simpsons will make a movie within 2-3 years + Filming: July 2007

10. bush - nobel prize for peace

11. british defence secretary gets assassinated by mi6, they blame it on terrorists.

(November)

1. "The same as now except pluto and sedna aren't classed as planets and we have found two more." + Pluto loses status as a planet August 2006

(April)

1. Civil war will start within the year (1 May).

2. America will not attack Iran with ground forces. It will be an Israeli lead operation.

It seems that 4 predictions manifested.

Please update if I forgot something.

(sorry for my English)

overman,

That's a pretty wide range but it could come to pass.

Same as #1

3. big ben gets hit and there are 3 other terrorist attacks on the uk and then they have martial law for three months within 7 years

Same as #1 and #2. Given a 7 year window its possible that the UK could have three terrorist attacks. It could be al-Queda, PLO, PFLP, some other Middle Eastern group or even Sean Fain. It could even be any combination of them (three seperate and unrelated events). It also depends on who or what is classified as a "terrorist group" 500 years from now. Its a pretty vague statement, but still a possibility given the window and vagueness.

That one was pretty easy. The Pope was a sick and elderly man. But (see comments below), 500 years from now they know silly details about Britney Spears and they remember The Simpsons but they don't know when the Pope died?

Not unusual for a "celebrity", especially a fading one, to pose nude to get a Q boost. But 500 years from now they even know who Britney Spears is? ;)

Possible. But they don't know which it was - nuclear weapon or asteroid? Even 500 years from now there will still be radioactive materials present indicating a nuclear detonation (if that is what it is supposed to be).

7. ossama bin laden will be caught and then islamic radicals will free him. very close to the time that iraq goes into civil war.

Possible. And nice to know that al-Queda looses. If they had won, 500 years from now historians aren't likely to refer to them as "radicals". ;)

Possible.

Not unusual. Flintstones had a movie too. ;) Again, like Britney, they even know who The Simpsons were 500 years from now?

Which one? ;) When?

11. british defence secretary gets assassinated by mi6, they blame it on terrorists.

Possible, but not likely. When?

(November)

1. "The same as now except pluto and sedna aren't classed as planets and we have found two more." + Pluto loses status as a planet August 2006

Pluto was an easy call. When I was an undergrad in the 70's taking astronomy and cosmology Pluto was discussed as an object that was due to be reclassified as a non-planetary body. Sedna was never being considered as a "planet". As to finding "two more" he was pretty vague. Two more "what"? I think that astronomers have classified several hundred Sedna-like objects in the orbit of Pluto. They've discovered several thousand smaller bodies in the area. Its similar to the inner asteroid belt.

(April)

Pretty good call. A civil war will start within a year somewhere on planet Earth. A statement about where it would occur would have been nice.

2. America will not attack Iran with ground forces. It will be an Israeli lead operation.

Poorly stated. It can never be falsified. If you wait 100 years for America to attack Iran and it doesn't occur there's always "tomorrow". And it doesn't actually say that Israel attacks Iran nor does it say that Israel will attack with ground forces. Its pretty hard to tell what this particular "prediction" is.

Israel won't be launching a ground attack against Iran. They'd have to cross Syria and Iraq or Jordan and Iraq. In any case, Iran is about 750 miles from Israel "as the crow flies". A track might have to drive 1,000 miles. They'd better have some huge gas tanks because I don't think the local Jordanian or Iraqi "BP" station will let them use their credit cards to "fill 'er up". ;)

First off apart from the fact that this guy is a nut job why are we giving him so much attention its obviously what this sad pathetic individual wants and craves. Also Sean Fein is someones name not the name of the political group Sinn Fein who are not a terrorist organisation nor have they ever been. I think you meant the IRA who again are no longer using terrorism as a means to gain basic human rights denied by the British government for a very long time. If anyone likely to actually commit an atrocity of such nature I would probably say the Dissident republican groups could carry out such an attack but I think any attack on England would probably be carried out by Radical Islamic Extremists not that all Islamics are terrorists but those organisations seem to be the most active at this time.

concrete,

I wasn't necessarily suggesting that the IRA or Sinn Fein are terrorist groups. What they would be called really depends on the news service, reporter, "source" for an article, if you were Irish or English - or in this case an historian 500 years into the future.

The real point of tossing out a mixed salad of "terrorist" groups was that his prediction was vague and broad. With a bit of historical revionism just about any "incident" could be stretched into a "terrorist attack". It depends on the consumer of the information as to whether it is accepted as such (thus a "hit" for the vague prediction).

BTW: Sorry about the original spelling for Sinn Fein. Its been many years since I typed that particular phrase...and I don't read, write or speak Irish Gaelic. ;)

I've been clicking around this thread for a few hours just reading...and reading...

I CANNOT believe what i have read here today. Every new post that Chronohistorian made simply further proved that not only is he lying but that he is a total moron. Every claim someone would make to him to disprove him would be responded with some random BS that he was literally making up as he went along. He had NO legitimate way of backing up a single thing he said, and was was pretty damn illiterate to be a grown man with any sort of title...the man could barely spell...

And really...I mean COME ON people were you even reading the things this guy was rambling on about??? Aliens and space racing and a president of Earth??? He's clearly just a loser who watches too much Futurama...If I were him the first thing i'd do is find myself one of those handy suicide booths...

As for his predictions...one could hardly call them predictions...you don't have to be a TT prophet to tell that Britney Spears is capable of posing nude...

I can't even believe this thread went on for as long as it did...I mean I clicked it because it was 80 pages long and thought it must be worth reading but frankly all it did was insult my intelligence. Most of the replies I enjoyed the most were posted by members whose usernames begin with R. That's all I can say.. hahaha.

So as entertaining as this was at times..I gotta say this is a god way for someone to completely waste a good few hours of their life.

My favor goes to Gregory Tarasoff for creating such an interesting and complex version of the TT story...that was some real intelligent stuff...worth reading! :D <font color="purple"> [/color]

I just found this little piece when I talked to Chronohistorian when he was here...I thought it was funny.

anonymous_traveller2522: suddenly I feel like going to venus to ski

anonymous_traveller2522: I mean pluto

anonymous_traveller2522: venus is hot

anonymous_traveller2522: that where our crops grow

Personally, when chronohistorian started talking about alien races we interact with, the whole story went out the window for me. I am willing to accept (?) the capacity of interstellar transit (although he fell far short of explaining it to us) but chrono presented a story so encompassing; so incredible that only an incredible backstory is required to make it sound plausable, and this is where he falls flat.

From reading 30+ pages of dialogue I see one person presenting a story and other people hoping it is real more than I see actual proof of anything apart from an overly elaborate (and practically impossible) future world.

I also find it interesting that chrono spent more time "clarifying" his story to keep the story coherent than actual logical information- to me it was nothing but back peddling to keep the core of an idea intact and little more while losing the point in the process- when a time traveller spends more time changing his story than presenting his story, I see a weak story to begin with.

I feel enough time has been spent of chronohistorian and feel this thread belongs where it is- somewhere lost among the thousands of dead-end threads on this website.

yeah while talking to him he changed his story. His other long thread is that I tried to have him go to another thread instead making this one even longer is on page 17 with 251 replies.

I just wanted to share that even though he is long gone, but I will stop posting on this thread if that's what you want.

As a newcomer here, I thought Chronohistorian's story would be interesting. I did not realize that it continued for 80 pages... I have not found the courage of reading it all. I must confess I abandoned shortly before page 30. He did not live up to my expectations (I pretty much renounced to believing in him when he started the Britney Spears thing) but I admire how he never accepted to confess that he was lying. Can someone keep me "in touch"? Did he continue to post until recently? Did he confess to not being a real time traveller?

and what about the killer bee on page 8...

Chronohistorian wrote circa 2004: (04/13/04 09:31 AM) "There is a new disease that comes out which is carried by killer bees and transmitted by those infected. It is along time away yet though, it comes when the only kind of bee there is, is a killer bee."

Then we got circa 2007: (02/05/2007)

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/16623837.htm

Quoted:

"Mystery killer silencing honeybees

If the die-off continues, it would be disastrous for U.S. crop yields.

Something is killing the nation's honeybees...."

snip...

end quoted"

--

Regards

5,6. The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete

accord with their ruler, so that they will follow him

regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger.

SUN TZU ON THE ART OF WAR

In plants, algae and cyanobacteria photosynthesis uses carbon dioxide and water, releasing oxygen as a waste product.

So he may be correct about: "carbon dioxide"(CO2) + "water"(H20) + "sunlight" (L) = plant growing environment.

We're aware of, and assign importance to, some fairly petty things that occured in the 16th century, so being aware of Britney Spears isn't "too" odd...

We're pretty spun up on the doings of Ben Jonson, Thomas More, and Machievelli. They would have been as close to "celebrities" as the 16th century gets. If any of them had posed nude, we'd know about it.

And of course, Shakespeare was a superstar in the late 16th century. Cervantes was like Stephen King!

Whoever he is, here is some sort of summary of his predictions (by time he made it):2004.

(July)

(November)

(April)

It seems that 4 predictions manifested.

Please update if I forgot something.
Notice that all predictions related to war or political events does not come true. But the others does.
Scenario 1 - he is from the future

==================================

Would that be result of some government agents looked into it and changed the events of history? Notice that none of the political "predictions" occurs if people try to prevent it. But other non-political related "predictions" or natural/disease disasters "predictions" which does not brother the government agents continue to occur as stated.

Scenario 2 - he is fake TT

==========================

All are make up "predictions" and some from internet news sources. Eg. Checking upcoming movies to predict Simpsons Movie.

In plants, algae and cyanobacteria photosynthesis uses carbon dioxide and water, releasing oxygen as a waste product.
So he may be correct about: "carbon dioxide"(CO2) + "water"(H20) + "sunlight" (L) = plant growing environment.
Muscle Trees. :cool:

Back