"The future ain't what it used to be."

Greetings from 2039

Overall the process is very noisy. Even after you arrive because there is still electrical charges "static" popping when you complete the trip.
Uhhhh.... How do I say this nicely? You claimed above that you were both a scientist and author before you turned 32. From the looks of your writing so far, I'd estimate you to be about 14-16 years old here in 2006. Clearly your sentence structure and use of words is not up to snuff for a published author, and certainly not a scientist.

It got really bad when we sent up a shuttle in December of 2006 attempting to "reduce risk". It was really sent by U.S. Air Force to auto lock onto a nuclear target.
Well, at least now you have given us a specific prediction that can be tracked. Unfortunately, you have also stepped into an area that is my expertise (aerospace vehicles). Let me first point out to you that it is utterly ridiculous to think we have to launch a shuttle to lock onto a nuclear target. Ever heard of GPS? I can tell you that right now, at this very minute, we can target anyplace in the world with a nuclear weapon with an error of less than 1 nautical mile CEP (that's Circular Error Probability in case you didn't recognize the acronym). Actually, the error is quite a bit less than that, but the real accuracy is classified.

Given that NASA has not yet set a date for the next shuttle launch, due to continuing problems with the external tank foam being shed on launch, it will be interesting to see whether or not we can get a shuttle off before the end of this year. Launch dates are usually set a minimum of 6 months in advance... in case you didn't know.

But what is really interesting is that you thought it would be "too damaging" to reveal the name of the president in 2008, and yet you are willing to reveal an operation that you claim is a USAF military operation intended for nuclear targeting. A bit off-balance, wouldn't you say?

OK... let me ask you to divulge something that is very benign...something that can't possibly be even as sensitive as the name of the 2008 president or even a shuttle nuclear targeting mission! You claim to be born in 1977, and that you were an author and scientist before 32. That would mean you could quote a title that you have currently published or are working on publishing right now in 2006 (that would make you about 28 or 29). Just one title that we could verify now, or even the name of a title for something you publish between now and 2009.

How's that?
RMT

Ok,

-So you've just come and contaminated a timeline - with no direct purpose or intent....

-You have a general 'mission' objective, that is the off chance that you might say something that will make us (as small party of about 20 regular posters) be more motivated to recover after world war 3 has ended.

-You cannot stop world war 3 (sorry, i meant you generally don't think you can, but don't know for sure) - but will kindly let us know that its going to happen...sometime soon. Should i cancel my trip to the US next year then, or will i be caught in the cross-fire between Feuding bitter yanks as soon as i get off the plane? Assuming of course, that i make it onto the plane past all the bitter feuding Brits beforehand.

-Freemasons arent all do gooding upper-class charity workers. Really?! Thanks for that indepth pearl of undeniable wisdom

- Very casually: The One world government will start and then fail.....This is possibly the point that you've messed up most on. You make it sound like a 'fly by night' initiative that didn't work, so the leaders say, "hmmm this isnt working - lets fragment the world again".

At least 'Titor' made some vain attempts of effort with his story. I'll give him that.

If you were serious about helping out - you would go back further then you have. All Major events in time start out from an original thought form or intention which results solidify in the 3rd dimension that subsequently snowballs as the motion of time continues. This would be far from the optimal point to return to, to make some subbtle and useful changes. If this is not possible, then why bother at all...

Instead you have come to 2006...Which is because you are stuck here and always have been just like the rest of us, and its only now infact that you have come up with your story.

How many more people are going to use that, "my time travel unit has a temporal limit which means i can roughly only make it back to the your current year whilst retaining good accuracy..." trick?!

Kindest regards,
Olly

I was a scientist, an author, and a father all "after" the time I turned 32. There is nothing you could find of mine in 2006. And even if it were later when my work has been published, I certainly wouldn't tell you which title because it would incriminate me. The very reason for my anonymity.

What would you like me to say about the next president? The fact that it will be the first time you can vote in complete assurance that no matter who wins, That president would never have an affair in the oval office with a female intern?

Well, again it's hard to remember certain things from 34 years ago. But the best I can remember about 2006 is the death of Ford.

The African American civil Uprising in the south.

The Real Estate crash.

Biotech - A division of Genfit (French Company) goes public late 2006 early 2007.

Pakistan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Laos, and even China were struggling to gain the full support of their constituents as they tried auction off their nation’s crown jewels. They united together and strengthened in the later half of the decade.

Hope that your doing well Xavier?

In this time, it was later realized, that people who were the grandchildren, of the people bitten in the vampire plagues, were engineered, to be more like normal humans.I cant ask this as a question, you can answer.

Hi There Z, I grew up in Palos Park and I visit Oak Lawn frequently.

It sounds from your posting that Illinois is still standing. How does northern illinois fare in WWIII?

Ive always lived in illinois, but hubbie and i are thinking seriously of ontario canada.

what would you suggest?

Northern Illinois got hit pretty bad. The city of Chicago and the surrounding cities was one of Russia's primary targets. When they dropped the nukes on us, they exploded about 100 before the ground. This took out a more precise scale. But the fall out traveled for miles.

I'd move west, not north.

The Chicago skyline looks very different now. Esspecially without it's tallest buildings.

As with Titor (but not nearly as sly) there is a distinct lack of specifics:

Well, again it's hard to remember certain things from 34 years ago. But the best I can remember about 2006 is the death of Ford.
I assume you mean former president Ford. Wow, that's a tough one given he is 94 and has been in the hospital since last weekend! But you say this as if his death was as big as the Pope's. OK.... now I already know how you are going to answer this (or should I say "non-answer" this?), but here goes anyway:

How about you give us a date... or at least even the MONTH when Ford kicks the bucket?

The African American civil Uprising in the south.
Date please? How about a few more details? Maybe an initiating event? And if you say it happens in New Orleans I will really laugh. And I am surprised it only happens in the south!

The Real Estate crash.
So highly unlikely that this would tend to confirm the age I guessed for you above. Now, if you had said "stock market crash", even without giving a month or day, it may have been more believeable. But maybe you can help by defining "crash" in terms of a percentage of total real estate value lost, on average? I would think a "crash" would have to be greater than at least 25% loss in value. Comments?

I won't even address your other "predictions" (and the quotes are quite warranted) because you still have not answered other questions I put to you. Let me remind you of them:
OK...is the president elected in 2008 a caucasian female?
The least you could do is spell-out what you intend the acronyms to mean. (Would you care to spell-out the acronyms AMF, GERB, and AMMA? I mean really, you used these non-answers as a means to avoid my direct question about how you measure percentage worldline divergence.)

Since this is so much fun, let me keep going:
I will tell you that unit basically is able to supercharge the ions within a contained unit and literally distort the gravity around the unit.
Whoa! Impressive! It LITERALLY distorts the gravity, eh? Guess that is good, because if it only figuratively distorted the gravity there wouldn't be much time travel going on, huh?

But now the really interesting part that I have to ask about is "supercharge the ions". Titor never talked about ions as being part of the unit or its technology. Can you tell us what type of ions are required (by this I mean what elements), because clearly a person's entire body is not ionized. And when you say "supercharge" I assume you mean that whatever the existing charge of the ion is this device creates a larger charge imbalance. Could you perhaps give an estimate to the strength of the ion field in terms of Gauss? Because if it is really large enough, that could cause some interesting things to happen to anyone/anything held within the GDTDU's "event horizon".

OK, I see there was another question (asked by roorichard) that you did not answer. Could you please tell us if the 2006 Winter Olympics in Italy are going to be held and completed? Surely divulging this information wouldn't cause an upheaval given that Titor already made a prediction about the last "official Olympics" being in 2004.

RMT

American citizens did not like their rights taken away under the concept of homeland security. Search engines became recorded. Phone lines were recorded, e-mails were recorded.
Let me see if I can find a recent article about this...
Ah yes... Google Search

The Real Estate crash.

Here is another recent event going on... Real Estate Current Events
See a trend here? No?

Here is another article about "CURRENT" events that you seem to be pulling information from...in this case, the death of President Ford... President Ford

I mean it's one thing to make predictions, but pulling them from some current events that happened in the past week? This really makes you look bad..

I am not even going to get into the rest of your predicitions because in my opinion, it is not even worth wasting my time...

I see a rainmanieum at a resturant and the floor is titled so many degrees.

Everyhting that is on the table, seems stuck, how when you pour a glass of wine, it flows at an angle.

Wild, crazy baby music is playing in the background, as the waitress, skates over to get to the customers.

Da little cree bird, jumps on the back of his chair and points out on the menue, "Oh Way' it rooks rike dey id not usin enough zeeros, in de menue prices? Is-u sure about da dates?

Sorry, RMT, if we posted the same thing, haha. I was in the midst of posting and didn't see your post until after.

But that proves a point that two people can find the exact same faults, that must mean something?

Allthough time travel is a normal part of 2039, it is kept under serious security. Only the millitary can use it. And before anyone goes, it can take a year of preperation.

Entertainment is different. Most music, TV and movies, allthough still there, isn't a prevelant as it is in your worldline. Most people make their own music and movies now and cast them over the internet. That is how we mostly find our entertainment. ANYONE can be a star now.

Granted you can still download the beatles, the who, rolling stones, the doors, U2, Aerosmith, Slipstream, Fall Out Boy, CrashCar, just to name a few.

Life in 2039 is very nice. we've really come together in a community sence. We take care of fellow americans now.

forgive my ignorance, but who are you replying to? Are you not going to answer any of our questions? I thought that was what you were here for? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Attack of the Wendys people:Oooh' please step aside? What/ Please step aside?!!!

Oooh' please step aside???

Mr. Xavier person, der is a spaceship, that is launched today, sumthin like that, that will really zoom.

I'd like to know, who will be there in da future, when it gets there??

I still don't believe you are any kind of accomplished author (and rememeber from your story that you are really 62, so you should be writing much better english than what follows):
Allthough time travel is a normal part of 2039, it is kept under serious security.
Well that's good, because no one takes humorous security very seriously, now do they! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
And before anyone goes, it can take a year of preperation.
Operational training, I am sure is the reason you will give for this, right?
Most music, TV and movies, allthough still there, isn't a prevelant as it is in your worldline.
Your subject-verb agreement is incorrect. Certainly not indicative of an experienced (or published!) writer! Or does regard for proper english usage change that much in the coming years? You certainly don't write even as well as the alleged John Titor!
That is how we mostly find our entertainment. ANYONE can be a star now.
Yeah, and the REAL superstars are the ones who pretend to be time travelers, I bet!
Granted you can still download the beatles, the who, rolling stones, the doors, U2, Aerosmith, Slipstream, Fall Out Boy, CrashCar, just to name a few.
Slipstream as in the New Zealand band? And as much as Fallout Boy is riding a wave right now, I have a real hard time believing they will continue to be big in 2039!
Life in 2039 is very nice. we've really come together in a community sence. We take care of fellow americans now.
So why come muck up our time? It's too bad you don't take enough care of each other to enforce proper spelling and grammar.

You gonna answer my questions? Or are they too tough to figure out how to make the answers sound semi-legit?
RMT

My novels were spell checked and grammar checked and proof read many times over. I'm sorry I didn't know you were going to be a literary critic.

Not the New Zealand Band Slipstream. There will come another from America. (Kind of like the monkeys) :eek:)

Fall out boy; on the contrary they release 3 more albums. I just liked them because they were from my area growing up.

If you don't like what I have to say, then simply stop talking to me. That will shut me up. I can't "muck up" your time if you don't feed the fire.

Back