The Ethics of Time Travel: Is Time Traveling Wrong? Part - 1

Re: Choices & Free Will

Hey Bob, it’s always nice hear your personal renditions to the TTA's posts. It spans across the ages.

It looks like Rainman has shown that your "material" is as subjective and irrevelant now as it was back when.

No, not necessarily irrelevant, but subjective for now perhaps.

How about yours?

What is really surprising to me is how close you have shown yourself to be to Creedo's claims on abduction and the "voices" he hears. Your views on the double-digits are about as new age as it gets. You have a very selective value system and, to me, you are a very "queer" duck. I see absolutely no change in you (contrary to your claims). You are still attacking people in rude ways, yet you say you have mellowed out.

Bob, please spare us another one of your attempts to even perceive to think you understand the TTA. You never could. All you could ever do was attack me, simply because I was offering a 2nd perspective to NewAgisms. I know you took this pretty personal back then, and even now.

I could almost see you licking your chops, thinking that you had weaseled your way back on TTI. It didn't take long to show your colors.

You would like to believe this, and you can, I don’t care what you personally believe in Bob. Obviously you’re still the same vulture that gained my trust and respect as sonofbabylon, to only attack me as another user that same week.

Since you claim that you are "exiting", I don't really expect a retort to this little statement. If there is anyone who would appeal to the "weaker minds" here, it is you who have the intent to do so.

I believe the saying goes: “He who say’s it, is it.”

Look at your own self Bob, your posts have the classic look of someone who’s intent to spread their own Ivory Tower idealism to everyone. You can feel sad and sorry for anyone who doesn’t share in your views, you take a smug and content approach to describe the very texture of someone’s soul, but you are not any more above & consciously enhanced then a mere bully is.

And this notions upsets you. I believe we have all seen how double faced you can be when you get angry and upset.

Just in the short time you have been here, I have seen more proxy IP addresses than all year, and I am more than just a little suspicious (Annie?) that you are trying to weave a few deeper levels of deceit. You had your chance Javier and you blew it big time. Any further attempt will only make the hole you are digging even deeper.

Are you threatening me Bob? Cause if you are, I am not afraid to take legal action against you.

This is not to say that you are not clever. Serial rapists and murderers are clever too. So are pedophiles.

I find your comparative accusations and threats to me, to be the hallmark and credit to the New Age fundamentalist approach I spoke to RMT about. Thanks for the case study example.

From the beginning I have sensed something "evil" about your actions, and you have said and done nothing to dissuade my original conclusions about you.

I assure you Bob, the only evil person here, is you. One can take your personal attacks against me and clearly see your hatred, and lack of spirituality.

I am not alone in this. Take the lesson that the Apostle Paul had to learn the hard way. Stop "kicking against the pricks". Rainman is one of the most patient people I have ever known and he went the extra mile to "prick" your understanding and conscience.

Seriously Bob, for someone such as your self who claims to be so spiritual, I find your approach to be quite reprehensible. Obviously RMT is much smatter then the TTA, I recognize that and have humbly acknowledged his skill. He’s got many more years of study then I do. However, that doesn’t make everything I say wrong, just because I can’t offer him a scientific/math explanation, no more then you would be able to if you approached a man such as Jack Sarfatti.

You reacted in your typical negative way.

So did you!

Unfortunately, this is not years ago--this is now--and everything has changed. You've shown that you cannot change--even though you said that you have. I don't think you have any question as to how I voted in your little poll. Don't let the door kick you in the ... on the way out.

You are truly an evil force to be reckoned with Bob, you still need anger management. Don’t forget your mask; you need it when you’re discussing consciousness enhancements and other NewAgisms to those who yet don’t know your evil approach. But like I said to RMT before, anyone can go back to read the posts, and determine the quality of our characters. I have accepted mine, how about you?

TTA

All of this Time-travel stuff.

Humanoids, I will be happy to discuss this ethical or unethical branch of:

Da-da:

Civilization (of some species called -- Humanoids!)

But, perhaps talking about the ethics of time-travel as it concerns -- da-da -- Humanoids, can not totally be done, without knowing that there are certain limits, which is afterall -- done with laws, and also -- is against --- free will!

But, before subjugating the rest of the Universe to Humanoid Free-Will, as it is, perhaps other species will have to be included on the discussion:

You know your favorite (humor) --- John Titor -- the Civilization of the Future.
And now, the Civilizations of perhaps -- other species -- other than Humanoids (who have already lost their free-will, time-travel, and many other things -- perhaps only to gain them back in the future.)

http://www.serpo.org/

Ah, but is there any humanoid that we may not have included as of yet, or may develop some Heartfelt Technology in the future off of said human:

Don't forget Dr. Heim.
--------------------------------------------------------

Humanoids only claim what they claim is -- free will.
Humanoids only claim what they claim is -- time travel.
Humanoids only claim what they claim is -- a Civilization.
Humanoids only claim what they claim is -- religion.
Humaniods only claim what they claim is -- the truth.
Humanoids only claim what they claim are - falsehoods.
Humanoids only claim what they claim about -- a great many things.

This slanted viewpoint may not last -- though -- only as long as the Humanoid Species still have a few humanoids alive -- all of child-bearing age, and also a female and a male. (Genetics!)

Thus, there is "structure" to this time-travel. (Needed to convince others whomever and whereever they are at -- that Humanoids have Developed 'thinking' in some form.)
And it is not all lost, anyway. Never was. Still is around.

The rest is Imagination and Godzilla!
/ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is there a point to this post TimeNot 0? It doesnt really make much sense and it seems as if you have added in your own insane babble into your typing.

GS

According to you, Good Scientist.

Accordingly to General --Terms of what Humans Claim:

Exceptions while some humans claim.

Again the same tired arguments - disagreements.

The emotions of life.

Over the years we've seem dozens of would be "time travelers" here and on other sites. Though we're not sure what the effect of time travel might have in the real world (whatever that really means) I've been struck by one continuing theme…

That’s a good point Darby, but isnt it amazing how coincidental that you were also present around the same time as Javier and Pamela and at a time when this forum was new and on top of Googles search list, and around a time when all other time travel forums were becoming popular. The idea comes to me that you guys were attempting to bring interest and popularity to this forum and what better way then to create a fictitious character and claim him to be a time traveller, "the first one of his kind". Whoo haa, that makes perfect sense now!!

the time traveler never profers any logical justification for the trip

No they never did, did they, and you knew this Darby. That’s why of course you guys thought of the Titor story.

Whatever the effect, moral, ethical or legal, that time travel would have it would be an expensive venture for a society in time, manpower, resources and money. Surely such a society would have a better plan than the theme that we've seen - "I'm here from 2035 (2025, 2036, etc.); the world is doomed; everything that could prove me true is a secret and I can't answer any tough questions."

Not necessarily, information (over vast distances or through space and time) might be able to be sent for relatively cheep with little if no investment at all, in fact it just might be effortless. You probably noticed that people actually like doomsday action as it keeps their attention. When you start saying hoopla like, “the world is doomed”, readers become like scared animals that huddle together. That’s were you rodeo clowns looped them in. Hey I wonder what sociology book Javier got the idea that allowed him to grasp what it is that controls large masses of people?

Javier has raised some serious questions. In fact, this thread is the point where I first entered the time travel forums six years ago. Javier was involved in that thread then: "The Ethics of TIme Travel".

LOL, hahahahah real serious questions, I would have expected something more methodical from you!! Well there we have it, Darby places himself among the clan from 6 years ago and professes that Javier made him. Y'know Darb, me thinks you have sat on the fence so long that the iron has entered your soul.

Nuff said.

As usual Javier all you have submitted is idle talk. You have not submitted any clear evidence other than HOOEY from the horses end!!

Have you smelled yourself lately, because I hate to break it to ya, but you aint smelling like a rose!! more like po' LOL, being that you associate yourself so much with those po' people!!

If my recollection serves me correctly, there has been quite a few people over the years (both here at TTI, Anomalies and others) that didn’t and still don’t see eye to eye with your character or your idiotic views!! I cant imagine why? LOL, maybe you’re a yokel after all!!

I would have to agree with Zerubbabel in all his aspects about you, and one of them being that it has been out of the ordinary that (out of the blue, upon your return and accusal of being Titor) that an awful lot of cloaked IP address have surfaces straggling to keep the John Titor story alive. You certainly aren’t running out of coincidences are you dude?

Just in the short time you have been here, I have seen more proxy IP addresses than all year, and I am more than just a little suspicious (Annie?) that you are trying to weave a few deeper levels of deceit. You had your chance Javier and you blew it big time. Any further attempt will only make the hole you are digging even deeper.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you threatening me Bob? Cause if you are, I am not afraid to take legal action against you.

LOL Javier, an entertainment lawyer aint gonna cut it!! But hot dam man, if you want to talk about WHO’S THREATENING anyone, ditto dude!! Let see, I seem to recall that several people over the years have been threatened by the John Titor hoax (people that have gotten to close to figuring out who he was). And by THREATS I mean threatening phone calls, letter messages, e-mails and inbox messages sent to them all in the order of something commandeering you would do. I read all about D’em THREATS on Darby and Rick’s Anomalies forum. But after reading some of Zerubbabel’s posts, LOL, I see you "had admitted" to phone pranking Creedo with threats and was involved with a fourteen-year-old nymphet!! Man, you're guilty as all hell, I’d say thou art more deep damned than Prince Lucifer!!

As far as D’em voices you are clamoring about, LOL what a bunch of HOKUM!! I would say you’re just mess’n with us, feeding off of our DOUBTS, SUSPICIONS and UNCERTAINTIES that these time manipulations, voices and numbers are happening to the psyche, (just like those sociology books you read, teach all about).

Your taunting is actually quite funny Scannell /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif. After all, you think I am JT and you’re so hard pressed about it too. This has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in years.

HOT DAM Brother

TTA

Why thank you, than I shall taunt you again and again and again!! LOL, yes I have to admit its funny, rather Side-splitting, but you aint my brother, your pammy poos!!

LOL, There’s basically one joke and your it Johnny boy!!

Carry on pied piper. http://www.ims.uni-stuttgart.de/~jonas/pied.piper.of.hamelin.html

Quite the flair for drama, eh TTA? While I have attempted to refrain from my usual sarcasm (yes, I may have slipped once or twice), I see your Modus Operandi emerging right on schedule:
And at best, the example you put forth was a generalization of the TTA’s arguments in comparison to the Amish’s stance on technology. Which was also shown to be false.
Problem is you really don't know the details of the comparison I was making, because you immediately avoided engaging me on that comparision. And instead you issued your OWN generalization about the Amish... something about not using the technology "period". I then gave you references to counter YOUR generalization and show you that you really don't know the Amish as well as you may think. And now we come full-circle with TTA's tactics in that the TTA is accusing ME of throwing generalizations! Classical TTA if ever I have seen it.
As for the unknown quantified impact, and how we could not go further in answering the debate in logical terms; if you knew this before hand and understood it’s limits to answer more questions then there would be, why was a debate even considered with the TTA vs. just a discussion?
Did I ever disclose to you ALL of my INTENTIONS for this debate? I did share some, but you never asked me to share all.
So this debate was a waste of time RMT.
Why do you think this? I certainly do not think it was a waste of time at all. In fact, one of my own personal philosophies in life is that there is really no such thing as wasted time. Just because this debate has not measured up to YOUR intentions, I would ask that you not presume it did not meet mine.
The factor we both could agree on was on the “good” & “bad” uses of the technology. I believe the scenario was specific but limited to only this.
And the thing we can't seem to agree on (or at least the one you will not address) is the fact that we cannot begin to assess ethics with respect to an alleged technology until all the DATA and FACTS are laid on the table for anyone to see and test.
I merely wanted to continue on the spiritual advancement aspect of the premise and look at this comprehensively.
I fail to see how examining something based SOLELY on your interpretation of some subjective experience you have had is looking at this "comprehensively". How can a discussion be "comprehensive" if it all must be based on what YOU alone have experienced, and for which there is no available scientific data (including expert analysis) to support?
Yes, but this place is only an Institute by name, not an actual university or place to have a formal debate.
Are you then insinuating that this is a good enough reason to not follow a scientific method? Just because we are not at a "real" institute? Sorry, but the RainmanTime does not suspend his scientific mind when he leaves work/school. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
And as I have stated to you, that the TTA is not a scientifically based individual.
Similar to the above, are you insinuating that I should not hold the "facts" that the TTA cites here up to scientific scrutiny? Do you think you should just be given a "free pass" because you don't know science, or the acceptable practice thereof?
Not everything needs a formal format for discussion.
If one is trying to discover (or agree upon) something we call TRUTH, then such a formal format often helps avoid discussions which can have no basis for verifying said truth.
I believe some people reading over the posts of the TTI right now, may have ideas of their own that they wish to express, but may be intimidate if the forum is full of sharks, who are waiting for fresh meat to tear apart.
I ask that you please not paint me with such a broad brush, TTA. Yes, I admit to being quite the "shark" when it comes to HOAXERS who insist on giving me the GLOOM AND DOOM version of our potential future. You bet that this sharkey is going to go for that kind of fresh meat! HOWEVER... you will also note that I do NOT "tear people to shreds" who are here to NOT try and pull a hoax, but rather discuss thoughts. Now if these people insist that they have got TT "wired" and yet their theories have fundamental flaws that do not align with science, then I will point this out. And if they continue to insist they are right, in spite of what science tells us, and they get nasty.... then I use my freedom to be just as nasty back to them. But yes...hoaxers with negative views of the future... I'm all for "sharking" them. They make good sport (and they set themselves up for this, so THEY are just as much to blame for the outcome!)
What comes out of this belief if they do come over to play pool with you? Possibly nothing? However, experiences with actual real manifestation that can be seen and tested, if some are willing to investigate and examine them is another.
So you are trying to enlist other people to do your science for you? Tell you what... you find the $ to pay my salary for 1-2 years and I will do just that. You can bring all the subjects you want for testing, and I will match them with "control group" subjects. What a ball we could have.
Your describing something that can easily be misconstrued over a large distance during vs. what I am suggesting is actual face-to-face examination.
What you are suggesting has NOT been physically quantified AT ALL. Thus whether it is at a distance or face to face does not matter. You cannot compare apples to blood oranges.

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because we collect data does not mean your conclusion as to what is going on will be proven. We need a scientific/mathematical theory that we can use to quantify the data AND possibly test predictions. Not only would we need a quantified theory/model for how YOU think TT manifests in order to correlate the data, but we would also have to permit other, valid theories/models which also have a chance to explain what the data is telling us.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, let’s do this.
What's with the "let's"? Let us? Part of the reason I started the debate was because I thought you had some kind of CONVINCING evidence to support your claims. Yet now you are trying to enlist my help to look for such evidence, when really I was just hoping to evaluate it. If you can afford me, then perhaps I might be willing to take on the job. It might be fun, but the RainmanTime is not into charity work that he does not believe is for a worthy cause.
Then it’s not a simple experiment after all. You can always upgrade to anything you wish, if given the choice. But if your only option is a small soft drink, will you still demand to have large?
Science (good science) is not just about choosing what is on the shelf. You accuse me of using a bad analogy above, and yet this one is quite a bit worse. If the premise which is trying to be scientifically verified REQUIRES a large soft drink, then guess what? The experiment cannot be executed (nor data collected) until all the REQUIREMENTS are satisfied. To do anything less would invalidate the experimental data.
As for specifics, confirming the double-digit numbers, psychic visions & voices is a sign to this manifestation, so it kind of goes without saying.
No, really it cannot go without saying. And your "specifics" are hardly specific. What PRECISELY do you mean by "confirming the double-digit numbers"? Could you put this into a recipe-like format (step a, step b...) and perhaps even define specific measurable quantities that would be part of these "specifics"?
Well according to the consensus, there are only a few who believe in this connection.
And how did you account for the people who may have an opinion, may be lurkers, but did not vote? And how do you know this vote is not "tainted" by any number of cloaked IPs?
I can easily drive over to any one’s home within a 50 mile radius and prove that I cannot be Titor. What then? What do you say about that RMT?
Before you go through the trouble, why not tell me, hypothetically, how you are going to prove it? What "evidence" do you plan to show me? Or is that some big secret?
But again, I never said it was only me who believed this and is expriencing these manifestations. Others are also experiencing this, and know in their heart what is going on, they don't need me to tell them how this has impacted their lives.
And all of them are "certain" that it is the abuse of TT technology that is causing it?
They can plainly tell you that they are not part of Group Titor again and again, and you can keep on insisting in a harassing "scientific" manner that they are.
I am merely bringing up coincidences to add to the coincidences shared by Cipher. And if you recall, I insinuated to you how I HAD to vote in your last poll, given the way you worded it. And if I am so "harassing" why do you continue?
RMT, I was trying to be courteous and end the debate on that and on some friendly terms between us. But you continuously want to rub it in my face that I have not been able to prove my original statements.
I am sorry that you have interpreted this in this manner, and I apologize if that did offend you. However, history has shown the TTA to be quite a sly character (all RPGs have at least one)... always using well-chosen words to try to "slip by" in a discussion or debate. Can you blame me for wanting to continually set this record straight, knowing the TTA's record as I do? For another example, I have also continually tried to get you to admit that we cannot rightfully assess the ethics of TT until we know (scientifically and quantifiably) how it works. You have not yet conceded this, and so I will continue to state this until you do. Now you could call that "rubbing it in your face", but I call it keeping you honest.
In reply to:
I'd suggest you start familiarizing yourself with science and scientific method, as you will need it to define an airtight experimental design if you ever hope to show this... and I think it is questionable that you could show this (my opinion).
Ouch. Though, I’m still being nice to you RMT, I will not be for long if you continue this subtle disrespect of the TTA.
Interesting. So what part of my quote above did you interpret as being "not nice"? Quite honestly, I could have really pulled out some "Classic RMT" that would have been much less nice. However, the first statement above is my SUGGESTION to you, and it is an earnest one especially given the TTA's admission to not being a very scientific individual. The second statement is just my opinion, based on the "data" I have seen so far. You want to interpret this as "not being nice" then it is YOU, the interpreter, who has the problem, for I had no ill INTENTION when I used those words. It would seem the TTA has fiarly thin skin if he is offended by the above comments.
I believe you mean, question(s) the pleural. There’s more then one.

1. No.
2. Yes.

Personally, I only offered 1 example. Showing that regardless of my “freewill” and lack of restraints that I had, I was able to come to multiple connections in the future.
I do not understand the last sentence. Could you be more specific, please?
Also, I hope you offer exit course surveys to your students. Might be a good measure for self improvement.
Just as you did above, I could interpret this to be "subtle disrespect of RainmanTime." Should I? But FYI, I am actually required by the university to have them fill out anonymous exit surveys. You might be interested to know that I regularly receive the highest marks of all the department instructors. You would be in error to believe that I teach using the same metholodology as my character, RainmanTime. But some of the underlying INTENTIONS are, indeed, the same: Challenging people to think scientifically, and verify/validate their work.
So you agree or disagree that New Agisms don’t offer math? I acknowledged Chaos Math for example, and stated that I own the movie PI, didn’t I?
Again you try to pencil me into what amounts to a yes/no statement (and obfuscate the original point at the same time). For the third time now, I am pointing out your duplicity: You have derided certain New Age philosophies because they don't show alignment with science/math, and at the same time you offer subjective "evidence" of your experience which does not align with science/math. And I will again ask you: Which way do you want it, because you can't have it both ways?
As for stating disparaging remarks about New Agisms, I believe you stated you knew the types I was referring to.
Perhaps I did, and perhaps I was wrong. We will never know because (a) I never explicity named any types of New Agisms that I thought you were referring to, but more importantly, (b) You have also not laid-out specifics for what you call "New Age". If you were to clear-up point (b), then I would not have to speculate about what you mean.
My claims are not following any New Agisms, but opposed to them for this very purpose for freewill subjugation.
Free will subjugation which you still cannot verify/validate as being real and actually being utilized. I am sorry that you think I am "rubbing your face in it" but I have to come back to this point every time you try to slide by with the implication that this stuff is real, it is going on, and it is due to abuse of TT. It is not rubbing your face in it, it is reminding you that you cannot assume this is true and use it as part of your argument.
My agenda has always been about humanity and allowing them to see the possible pit falls and where we could go wrong by these means of unification that they preach. This will not justify their actions in the past. That’s all I’m saying!
Yes, I know... it is all about other people, and the TTA is the tireless workhorse for ethical use of TT. If you were to find a cross, drag it around a bit, and work out how you can have yourself nailed to it somewhere conspicuous you could really play that card to the hilt. (Classical RMT coming out here, I am afraid.)
Well LRH tech can be good in small quantities, but some of it’s policies and practices, not always good. Wouldn’t you agree?
I noticed that (so far) you have made the choice to NOT answer a question about where LRH tech came from in another thread. Why don't we "discuss" that a bit before we evaluate the LRH version of the tech? Who knows, we might be able to trash LRH tech altogether and appeal to its ORIGINAL source (which is much older than LRH)?
And their attempts to subjugate mankind to follow in place to find their patterns of truth to spiritual discovery, is not by our choice, but by their time table.
Evidence please?
And you said earlier you have already identified the perpetrator. Could you kindly specify their name or organization? Or do you just wish to keep the vague "New Ageisms" umbrella for this?
With that said, I agree and believe this concludes the debate.
Fine by me.

Your poll, as with other polls you have crafted, is another piece of sly work. THREE varying choices for how people can vote to allow you to stay, and only one cut-throat way for them to vote you off the island. Why not just two choice: (A)Should he stay? or (B)Should he go?

Simplicity avoids people always having suspicions about intentions. BTW, I haven't voted as yet, but I will inform you when I do (if you wish).
RMT

Scannell,
If my recollection serves me correctly, there has been quite a few people over the years (both here at TTI, Anomalies and others) that didn’t and still don’t see eye to eye with your character or your idiotic views!! I cant imagine why? LOL, maybe you’re a yokel after all!!

That’s fine… no one is suppose to always agree with everyone’s views.

Whether they call my subjective views about the possibility of Time Travel’s influence on the past idiotic and lame, I really don’t care.

I would have to agree with Zerubbabel in all his aspects about you, and one of them being that it has been out of the ordinary that (out of the blue, upon your return and accusal of being Titor) that an awful lot of cloaked IP address have surfaces straggling to keep the John Titor story alive. You certainly aren’t running out of coincidences are you dude?

Yes, you would agree with everything Bob says. That’s great, he needs all the support he can get.

I personally don’t care that you and him are paranoid about other people logging on to the TTI using cloaked IP addresses.

Both of you can support each other, cheer & shout and lick your chops, and gang up together to attack the TTA.

For the way I see it, I’d be more suspicious of those who condone these hateful radical actions, and at the end of the day still claim to be spiritual. There is no greater hypocrisy to the cause of spiritual & consciousness obtainment then by being an @#$ hole, IMHO.

LOL Javier, an entertainment lawyer aint gonna cut it!! But hot dam man, if you want to talk about WHO’S THREATENING anyone, ditto dude!! Let see, I seem to recall that several people over the years have been threatened by the John Titor hoax (people that have gotten to close to figuring out who he was). And by THREATS I mean threatening phone calls, letter messages, e-mails and inbox messages sent to them all in the order of something commandeering you would do. I read all about D’em THREATS on Darby and Rick’s Anomalies forum. But after reading some of Zerubbabel’s posts, LOL, I see you "had admitted" to phone pranking Creedo with threats and was involved with a fourteen-year-old nymphet!! Man, you're guilty as all hell, I’d say thou art more deep damned than Prince Lucifer!!

Yawn – And this means what to me Scannell? I am not JT. As for prank calling Creedo at the request of someone asking me to; Creedo understood the situation back then and has accepted my sincerest apologies, ask him your self, he has moved on, so should you. Furthermore, Bob can believe whatever twisted fantasy he wants to believe about the TTA, and accuse me of whatever with anyone. He doesn’t know me, and neither do you. So if you wish to past judgment on me and damn me to hell, go right on ahead. I won’t stop you.

As far as D’em voices you are clamoring about, LOL what a bunch of HOKUM!! I would say you’re just mess’n with us, feeding off of our DOUBTS, SUSPICIONS and UNCERTAINTIES that these time manipulations, voices and numbers are happening to the psyche, (just like those sociology books you read, teach all about).

Ok, and what your doing now is not spreading doubts, suspicions & uncertainties? How different is that, from what you claim I am doing?

I see you’re speaking for everyone now. I had no idea you were elected forum representative.

Why thank you, than I shall taunt you again and again and again!! LOL, yes I have to admit its funny, rather Side-splitting, but you aint my brother, your pammy poos!!
LOL, There’s basically one joke and your it Johnny boy!!

Please, do go on, taunt away. Let it all out Scannell.

I’ll be right here until you do
!

TTA

RMT,
Problem is you really don't know the details of the comparison I was making, because you immediately avoided engaging me on that comparision. And instead you issued your OWN generalization about the Amish... something about not using the technology "period". I then gave you references to counter YOUR generalization and show you that you really don't know the Amish as well as you may think. And now we come full-circle with TTA's tactics in that the TTA is accusing ME of throwing generalizations! Classical TTA if ever I have seen it.

Typical RMT tactic, your desire to follow strict satisfaction mandates to statements made in simplicity.

Ok, here’s the breakdown for you:

Problem is you really don't know the details of the comparison I was making, because you immediately avoided engaging me on that comparision.

You immediately assumed and made a generalization of the TTA’s arguments, that your Amish comparison would address anything further I may have been thinking about the use of TT technology.

And instead you issued your OWN generalization about the Amish... something about not using the technology "period".

Yes, and I acknowledged this was a generalization, but also stated that there was a big difference between the TTA and the Amish in the use of such technology.

I then gave you references to counter YOUR generalization and show you that you really don't know the Amish as well as you may think.

I never claimed to know them RMT, I believe you said you’re the Ohio boy, so you gave me the reference, and I said thank-you. But keep in mind, you continued your generalization again of the TTA, as was the reason to continue clarifying this comparison.

But I believe you elaborated further in this comparison and did give me further details on it.

Stated here:
….They are not AS strict as you might imply with your "period" statement. In fact, their "hard-fast" rule is that THEY are not permitted to OWN or operate any of these certain technologies. For example, an Amish person would never own an automobile. But do you think they have a rule of never being allowed to ride in them? (Their rule: "No one shall operate cars or trucks."). This does not prohibit an Amish member from riding in someone else's car, especially in the case of an injury of one of their community. They are not going to tell a city ambulance "no, you cannot take them away to the hospital in that ambulence." There are other examples, so this is just to give you the flavor. You can read up on them in many places. Here is the intro paragraph from THIS WEB SITE:

Just recently:
And now we come full-circle with TTA's tactics in that the TTA is accusing ME of throwing generalizations! Classical TTA if ever I have seen it.

Please read cited text below:
Now let me give an example that will set the stage for some of my rebuttals to your later thoughts
&
… I was showing how their attitude towards existing technology in some ways mirrors your arguments, and then asking you to contrast that against the more typical way of life in America where we do accept these technologies. They (Amish/Quakers) might consider our use of this technology "evil", but do WE? iridium said it best: moral relativism.
&
I never believed they were identical. But I'd bet they are more similar to your arugments than you might believe.

And now again:
And now we come full-circle with TTA's tactics in that the TTA is accusing ME of throwing generalizations! Classical TTA if ever I have seen it.

And this is what I said:
And at best, the example you put forth was a generalization of the TTA’s arguments in comparison to the Amish’s stance on technology. Which was also shown to be false.

Please show me again RMT where I made the classic TTA tactic of wrongfully accusing of you, in this obvious generalization that you made?

Why do you think this? I certainly do not think it was a waste of time at all. In fact, one of my own personal philosophies in life is that there is really no such thing as wasted time. Just because this debate has not measured up to YOUR intentions, I would ask that you not presume it did not meet mine.

Not my intentions RMT. Simply a pointless show of ego and scientific superiority. But that’s just my opinion.

I fail to see how examining something based SOLELY on your interpretation of some subjective experience you have had is looking at this "comprehensively". How can a discussion be "comprehensive" if it all must be based on what YOU alone have experienced, and for which there is no available scientific data (including expert analysis) to support?

And this makes JT discussions for the last 6 yrs any different how?

I’m sorry RMT, I had no idea that this forum was exclusively only using scientific & mathematical concepts to time travel; and no longer allowing everyday common people’s ideas for discussion.

Are you then insinuating that this is a good enough reason to not follow a scientific method? Just because we are not at a "real" institute? Sorry, but the RainmanTime does not suspend his scientific mind when he leaves work/school.

No of course not RMT, I wouldn’t want you to stop being who you are.

Please, go right on ahead and be true to your self as much as you’d like. If you feel justified to be as radical as you wish, I am certain you have a scientific/mathematical formula that say’s it’s ok.

Similar to the above, are you insinuating that I should not hold the "facts" that the TTA cites here up to scientific scrutiny? Do you think you should just be given a "free pass" because you don't know science, or the acceptable practice thereof?

Your insinuating an awful lot RMT, isn’t this what got you to “slip up” once or twice in the first place
?

For an engineer, this can be quite dangerous.

But you can certainly think what you want RMT, the TTA simply meant that I cannot give you the objective answers you requested in this debate. As for a “free pass,” why would I need one, isn’t this debate over?

But if you still wish to be an extreme fundamentalist in your scientific approach to a debate that’s finished, go right on ahead.

So you are trying to enlist other people to do your science for you? Tell you what... you find the $ to pay my salary for 1-2 years and I will do just that. You can bring all the subjects you want for testing, and I will match them with "control group" subjects. What a ball we could have.

Ok, sure… I’ll be in contact with you if I ever find the funds, or if I find out of an other study that is underway. Which ever comes soonest
!

What's with the "let's"? Let us? Part of the reason I started the debate was because I thought you had some kind of CONVINCING evidence to support your claims. Yet now you are trying to enlist my help to look for such evidence, when really I was just hoping to evaluate it. If you can afford me, then perhaps I might be willing to take on the job. It might be fun, but the RainmanTime is not into charity work that he does not believe is for a worthy cause.

Excuse me RMT, for assuming you were purposing to implement your idea, and be apart of it. Much how you believed and assumed I would be the one to create the guidelines in dealing with TT hoaxers, many months ago.

But really, you don’t need to engineer me a lengthy condescending reason why you won’t.

A simple “no thank-you” would have sufficed.

No need for *#&$ waving.

Science (good science) is not just about choosing what is on the shelf. You accuse me of using a bad analogy above, and yet this one is quite a bit worse. If the premise which is trying to be scientifically verified REQUIRES a large soft drink, then guess what? The experiment cannot be executed (nor data collected) until all the REQUIREMENTS are satisfied. To do anything less would invalidate the experimental data.

I’ll leave it to you to find an accusation, where there isn’t one.

As for the analogy: A large soft drink is not part of the requirement for the experiment in the analogy, but simply to show the relentless desire of the experimenter for what he believes he needs to complete the experiment, not necessarily significant to the conclusion. i.e. smaller group, smaller facility, smaller budget.

No, really it cannot go without saying. And your "specifics" are hardly specific. What PRECISELY do you mean by "confirming the double-digit numbers"? Could you put this into a recipe-like format (step a, step b...) and perhaps even define specific measurable quantities that would be part of these "specifics"?

If you know of a better way to test for paranormal manifestations, I’d like hear about it it.

And how did you account for the people who may have an opinion, may be lurkers, but did not vote? And how do you know this vote is not "tainted" by any number of cloaked IPs?

Why would I care about people who have cloaked IP’s RMT?

Before you go through the trouble, why not tell me, hypothetically, how you are going to prove it? What "evidence" do you plan to show me? Or is that some big secret?

My presence alone will clearly show I have nothing to hide, and that there is no way I could have thought up of being JT and others who use cloaked IP’s in a lengthy face-to-face conversation/interview. Really, I have much more important things to do in life then to waste my time creating hoaxes.

And all of them are "certain" that it is the abuse of TT technology that is causing it?

I don’t know, I never asked all of them, I never said it was also this way for all of them, but the common factor is that they don’t need me to tell them the impact this has had on their lives.

I am merely bringing up coincidences to add to the coincidences shared by Cipher. And if you recall, I insinuated to you how I HAD to vote in your last poll, given the way you worded it. And if I am so "harassing" why do you continue?

I am not the only one you’ve harassed RMT, and you keep continuing.

I am sorry that you have interpreted this in this manner, and I apologize if that did offend you.

Please pardon me if I don’t take your apology as sincere right away. I have not finished reading the rest of your post.

However, history has shown the TTA to be quite a sly character (all RPGs have at least one)... always using well-chosen words to try to "slip by" in a discussion or debate. Can you blame me for wanting to continually set this record straight, knowing the TTA's record as I do?

Please elaborate for me again, I don’t know what you mean? Slip by?

For another example, I have also continually tried to get you to admit that we cannot rightfully assess the ethics of TT until we know (scientifically and quantifiably) how it works. You have not yet conceded this, and so I will continue to state this until you do. Now you could call that "rubbing it in your face", but I call it keeping you honest.

I thought I told you already? I acknowledged that my claims may be subjective for the moment being and that they may not prove the ethical outcomes to TT, yet.

Quite honestly, I could have really pulled out some "Classic RMT" that would have been much less nice.

Classic RMT. Ok, let’s see it.

Again you try to pencil me into what amounts to a yes/no statement (and obfuscate the original point at the same time). For the third time now, I am pointing out your duplicity: You have derided certain New Age philosophies because they don't show alignment with science/math, and at the same time you offer subjective "evidence" of your experience which does not align with science/math. And I will again ask you: Which way do you want it, because you can't have it both ways?

As for pencilling you in, with a yes/no statement for the third time, please bring them all out so we can discuss them.

Furthermore, what have I derided about certain New Age philosophies because they don’t offer science/math? Please keep me honest and cite those things that I have said so we may discuss them as well.

Perhaps I did, and perhaps I was wrong. We will never know because (a) I never explicity named any types of New Agisms that I thought you were referring to, but more importantly, (b) You have also not laid-out specifics for what you call "New Age". If you were to clear-up point (b), then I would not have to speculate about what you mean.

Yes RMT, and despite this, one can still perhaps be wrong. Thank you for conceding that point.

Free will subjugation which you still cannot verify/validate as being real and actually being utilized. I am sorry that you think I am "rubbing your face in it" but I have to come back to this point every time you try to slide by with the implication that this stuff is real, it is going on, and it is due to abuse of TT. It is not rubbing your face in it, it is reminding you that you cannot assume this is true and use it as part of your argument.

If other people are really experiencing these very real experiences and mine just happens to be linking it to TT influence, what further can I say as my argument? I obviously can’t prove it to you or anyone.

My arguments regarding this with you on this debate have ended already anyway’s RMT, even you agreed that since it’s not quantifiable there is no further debate.

So yes, you are continuously rubbing my face with it.

Yes, I know... it is all about other people, and the TTA is the tireless workhorse for ethical use of TT. If you were to find a cross, drag it around a bit, and work out how you can have yourself nailed to it somewhere conspicuous you could really play that card to the hilt. (Classical RMT coming out here, I am afraid.)

Fine by me Classical RMT. You can be as much of an @#$ as you want to be.

I noticed that (so far) you have made the choice to NOT answer a question about where LRH tech came from in another thread. Why don't we "discuss" that a bit before we evaluate the LRH version of the tech? Who knows, we might be able to trash LRH tech altogether and appeal to its ORIGINAL source (which is much older than LRH)?

You’re too nice to consider me your trashing buddy in this endeavor. But I believe I stated before, it would not be prudent for me to go into further details of the Co$. But you’re certainly free to do so.

Evidence please?
And you said earlier you have already identified the perpetrator. Could you kindly specify their name or organization? Or do you just wish to keep the vague "New Ageisms" umbrella for this?

I believe one may get more respect from Jack Sarfatti for lack of scientific/mathematical data, then from you. Why I believed you would be civil with the TTA in this debate, is a mistake in giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Your poll, as with other polls you have crafted, is another piece of sly work. THREE varying choices for how people can vote to allow you to stay, and only one cut-throat way for them to vote you off the island. Why not just two choice: (A)Should he stay? or (B)Should he go?

Simplicity avoids people always having suspicions about intentions. BTW, I haven't voted as yet, but I will inform you when I do (if you wish).

Sly work you think!

And another RMT exclusive scientific hypothesis.

Just for being so nice to the TTA, you won’t mind if I stay a little while longer, will you RMT?

And I am sure we will get along eventually, after much further word play

It’s your choice RMT, truce or shall we go at it again?

I am extending my hand out to you.

TTA

TTA,
In reply to:
TTA: And since the TTA stated that this would be my last thread, and since I see no further reason to continue in a discussion given that we can both go on like this for as long as it takes, I see no reason to even go on with the discussion.
TTA: With that said, I agree and believe this concludes the debate.
RMT: Fine by me.
TTA: Just for being so nice to the TTA, you won’t mind if I stay a little while longer, will you RMT?
I wonder why I should continue a debate with a person who:
a) Has already claimed the debate has been concluded.
b) Has failed to adhere to his own, self-imposed commitments (quoted above).
c) Has also demonstrated inability to adhere to previous self-imposed commitments (notice he came back to the forum after he vehemently stated he would not).
d) Has previously violated the trust of people he claimed were his friends (and continues to do so in this thread).
I am extending my hand out to you.
Forgive me if I do not believe your sincerity in this regard, TTA. It is just that there is so much existing data on you that suggests your lack of sincerity. I prefer to retain my objectivity, rather than be coaxed into your subjective world.

You called the debate over. I agreed, and still do.
RMT

Re: The Ethics of Time Travel: Is Time Traveling W

Because of the uncertainty of any new situation, ethics are not affected. You have the same ethical duties in a time you recognize as in a time you do not.

RMT,
a) Has already claimed the debate has been concluded.
b) Has failed to adhere to his own, self-imposed commitments (quoted above).

I offered my last post for the debate, when I posted my poll.

I have conceded to your point, even though you continued to rub it in my face afterwards.

And on top of that, I don't know how many times, through here and through PM I told you that it's subjective data, and that that's all I have.

c) Has also demonstrated inability to adhere to previous self-imposed commitments (notice he came back to the forum after he vehemently stated he would not).

I simply returned for unfinished business, and it looks like it's completed now.

I'll keep the discretion to reappear once and awhile, at least for the next few weeks just to make sure everything’s in order.

I hope no one will mind.

d) Has previously violated the trust of people he claimed were his friends (and continues to do so in this thread).

Who are, or even were my friends to begin with?

The claims of me being the traitor to their friendships, are highly exaggerated.

I've never struck first blood to any of the posters I claimed were my friends, but they have.

As for my critics, the same.

They've attacked me upon my return first, and that’s clearly evident in this thread, and in others.

Forgive me if I do not believe your sincerity in this regard, TTA. It is just that there is so much existing data on you that suggests your lack of sincerity. I prefer to retain my objectivity, rather than be coaxed into your subjective world.

Ok, you do that. Take care it easy dude.

Respectfully,

TTA

My presence alone will clearly show I have nothing to hide, and that there is no way I could have thought up of being JT and others who use cloaked IP’s in a lengthy face-to-face conversation/interview. Really, I have much more important things to do in life then to waste my time creating hoaxes.

Well there is certainly speculation for why you would have Johnny Boy!! Reason being is that you have everything to loose by telling the truth. From the likes of the material that you have spouted off here, and just by the way you articulate your wording enables others to see right through your slimy interior to the back side of Titor.

Lets see, we have Ciphers cytological analysis that selected you as Titor, http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/ttiforum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=time_travel&Number=38696&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1
all the recent posters with cloaked IP address- group Titor players emerging and coming to your rescue- and your shoddy sociological control'n ideas involving anti time travel, alterviews, voices and numbers.

Javier, have you viewed your poll in this thread lately? If you haven’t noticed, viewers are booting you out po‘ man!!

http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/ttiforum/viewpoll.php?Cat=&Board=time_travel&Number=40414&Board=time_travel&what=showflat&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1&poll=1148853842TTA_01

And here's your other poll from Ciphers thread (The dual language diagnosis of John Titor). It may have "temporarily" voted you as not Titor, but I have noticed that the "YES Titor" votes are on the rise and increasing steadily.

http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/ttiforum/viewpoll.php?Cat=&Board=time_travel&Number=39985&Board=time_travel&what=showflat&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=10&vc=1&poll=1147545985TTA_01

Scannell,
Javier, have you viewed your poll in this thread lately? If you haven’t noticed, viewers are booting you out po‘ man!!

And that’s fine, I have no problem with leaving again.

The people made it loud and clear years ago, and they are certainly making it loud and clear again.

They don’t need the TTA anymore. Possibly never did.

I’ve had my time on the TTI forum in the past, and can move on towards my future without it & posting.

However, I have no doubt that you and others will keep on seeing coincidences of my words and of my possible presence in those who post with cloaked IP’s way after I leave.

So, instead of me continuing to deny them and attempt to assure anyone that that’s not me; (since many will not believe me even if I try) I will just say this about them:

"Coincidences are just the name of the game for the TTA, they’ve been with me since day one here, and you haven’t seen nothing yet
."

Interpret that however you’d like. I have no doubt some will make it mean whatever paranoid conclusion they will want it to mean.

TTA

Coincidences are just the name of the game for the TTA, they’ve been with me since day one here, and you haven’t seen nothing yet

Your dang right Javier, that’s telling me EVERYTHING!! Its tell’n me that coincidences have been the game you’ve been play’n since day one on the forum and your gonna continue to play this game and cloak your identity.

Bygone Javier, here’s a clue: In a mad "dash" do the "math" of your "path", because all it going to get you is "wrath".

Now D’em aint no coincidences.

Yes bygone Javier it is!! Amazing that!! Along with your polls!! The YES Titor votes have increased and are now tie with MAYBE Titor votes.