The Ethics of Time Travel: Is Time Traveling Wrong? Part - 1

Re: The Ethics of Time Travel: Is Time Traveling W

The only ethics to be discussed is the application not the discovery or the technology as discovery and technology can be neither right or wrong. Look at nuclear theory as an example. The discovery of splitting the atom brought about nuclear weapons, nuclear power, and a variety of other things. A nuclear weapon is neither good or bad. Some would argue that nuclear weapons have actually kept the world a rather peaceful place and have saved lives by ending the Pacific War early. Now, you could certainly use a nuclear weapon for evil deeds. But the weapon itself isnt evil.

I think the same thing applies to all discovery and all technology. Time Travel is no different. For example if you can manipulate time, you could place a dying patient in suspended animation or send them to the future where the medical knowledge exists to help them. If you could travel back in time, you could make a truely objective recording of history and provide solid physical data to back it up. You could have a complete cataloging of the evolutionary process that took place on Earth. You could acquire extinct species of organisms that might hold medical cures or provide solutions to problems. For every bad idea you can dream up for why time travel should not be pursued, I can find a counter example showing its potential good application. Again, you can not discuss the ethics of a discovery or technology. You can only apply ethics to the application of it. That is why if time travel is ever discovered you would have many layers of regulations and supervision of its application just as you do with nuclear regulation.

Re: Choices & Free Will

TTA,

I think it may be time for a pause here to clarify some of your points, because I am losing you in your arguments. Bear with me, as one burden of being an engineer is that I need to feel a certain level of clarity of what someone is saying before I commit to any kind of response. I will try to be tactful in pointing out what I do not understand:
That’s great, if they know the pit falls that the technology could lead to their way of life, more power to them.
And perhaps this is an instance where you were not clear on what I was pointing out? I was showing how their attitude towards existing technology in some ways mirrors your arguments, and then asking you to contrast that against the more typical way of life in America where we do accept these technologies. They (Amish/Quakers) might consider our use of this technology "evil", but do WE? iridium said it best: moral relativism.
However, who said anything about the technology for Time Travel would just be a mechanical one?
Not I, although I think the "mechanics" of science will be necessary to find ways to "mechanically induce" TT. My own personal belief is that the aphysical self (mind/soul/spirit) will be the primary "driving engine" of how TT will be possible, with some mechanical influences from the realm of Massive SpaceTime. I can support some of my beliefs with clues from existing science, as I have in the quotes of mine you have provided. However, I am not "conclusive or absolute" on precisely how it will come about (yet).
No-no my good friend, the answer is a lot closer then you may think. For many thousands of years of human thought, we have only hinted to it’s surface, but could never penetrate it.

The big picture has always remained though. And many such as your self believe in the connection to this idea. Thus a New Age approach is applied to this and other concepts.

What exactly is the TTA suggesting?
Yes, I would truly like to know, as I find the above to be vague and difficult to understand.
Allow me to clarify my self, by citing the following posts from you:

“Vibration, Consciousness, 2012, & TT Hoaxes” thread: (snip)
You further mention this on the “Consciousness, Cosmology, & Gravity-Jack Sarfatti” thread: (snip)
Yet, yesterday you said this: (snip)
So which way would nature allow it now Ray?
This is where I have lost you with respect to your attempt to clarify. As such I am not sure how to respond, nor what I am responding to. If you can be more precise perhaps I can come around. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
A vast Temporal Network exists with consciousnesses in harmony, suppose we tap into it, and “influence” the masses through it.
OK, I am not sure what you specifically mean by this, but I assume you can continue to expound beyond this. And again I would ask what level of "influence" do you think is capable? Complete or partial?
Given your vast knowledge and familiarity with your beliefs Ray, I want you to tell me there is no possible way for Time Travel to manifest it’s self through those routes you previously make mention of, and be exploited to influence lives.
Again I am a bit unclear when you use non-specifics like "those routes you make mention of". However, if what you mean by this is "complete control", then yes I would say there is no way TT technology could come about in this manner, as evidenced by any other physical phenomenon and what we know (scientifically) about incompleteness. And as far as "exploited to influence lives" I believe I have already admitted in earlier arguments that ANY technology can be exploited to influence lives (in "bad" or "good" ways).
Ok, given that there are no absolutes in the universe and in human inferences; and that risks come with the use of certain technologies, wouldn’t something that guarantee’s 100% NO risk at using it and 100% results, wouldn’t it be worthwhile & beneficial to use?
If you can show me something that assures 100% of the benefits and absolutely 0% risk, I'd like to hear about it. But I believe most in the scientific commnunity know this to be a fallacy, speaking practically from an implementation point of view.
In response to (a): tell me RMT, based on what you believe about Massive Space & Time, and oscillation etc…, how can influence and manipulation & exploitation by these means not lead to eventual “complete control?”
Because in ALL system implementations there is always incompleteness. One cannot account for everything and all effects that a collective system is subjected to. You may achieve, for a localized system, some realm of control over some processes but in doing so you forego control over other processes. It is like squeezing a balloon. Or to use the words of Aleister Crowley, there is always "the factor that is infinite and unknown." No one or no thing operating on something in the physical universe can have "complete knowledge" and thus cannot have "complete control."
If those laws were to ever change and become arbitrary, let’s say no more rights to bare arms, legalized same-sex marriage and other things the current consensus see’s as wrong, wouldn’t future generations see this as social acceptance of what they would define and think evil, wrong & unethical practices are?
If you want to talk about something that I (personally) think is "wrong", it would be speculating about what our future selves and/or future societies will think about us. It is sheer speculation and we cannot know at this juncture.
So when I mean unethical and evil use of this technology, I mean it’s evil right now. The benefits are not felt here in the present for us, but in the future (or hereafter). However, the ramifications of those changes in the present, violating human freewill and those who can attest to the symptoms of this approach, is evil… though not according to the laws of the future.
Again, this is where I need some specifics and further clarification, as I do not seem to understand and that means at this juncture I do not agree.
In response to questions:
With all due respect, I cannot find a clear-cut answer from you in the following:
1) Do you believe that TT will manifest in such a way that the "TT user" could violate causality?
ANS: 1) Based on my experience with TT manifestations, I came very close one time in my youth, to pin pointing and unraveling a paradoxal experience in one of my very intense Temporal shifts/phases. Let me try and describe it: you take a déjà vu experience many experience briefly, but combine it with voices and other physical reactions, i.e. head ache, goosebumps, nausea. The situation was very vivid; I recall I found my self also re-experiencing the voice in the experience, and taking strong measures previously to counter them the last time, from occurring again this time. I had an actual dialogue with this voice & my self, I was given instructions on what to attempt, and a strong mental block was automatically erected in anticipation of the subjugation of my will and numerical synchronization to this experience on “queue.” Perhaps this struggle and the manifestation it’s caused to keep an exclusive frame of mind from experiencing this and failed and letting me know of the previous trial and errors, is a sign of causality.
2) If you believe so, then do you not think the violation of causality will result in some natural "reaction" of the universe which the "TT user" (or his technology) would have no control over?
ANS: 2) For me, the subtleness of control is felt in an amplified manner. I doubt many would feel and react to the control the way I did. The reaction I had previously taken, coupled with a strong conviction of freewill, was not only the reason why the TTA was created, but because of the manifestations that many could also be experiencing and feel about freewill, versus those who forfeit it; an opposing view to TT/Alien’s/& new age doctrine needed to be known.
I see you have introduced a whole host of subjective experiences in your attempt to answer, but I am afraid whatever you answer was is a bit lost on me. Again, pardon my "one-track" engineering mind.
Perhaps the universe is designed to compensate and tolerate anomalies & causalities, we yet don’t know.
Exactly. A major point of mine. Glad you agree. From this is where I justify science and the exploration of new technologies.... so we can COME TO KNOW.
If it’s able to maintain stability through the chaos of a million atomic explosions, the vast gravity of black holes and devastating effects of anti-matter, why would one little change in time, cause it much of any harm to react, rather then for the direct correlating intended subject?
This presumption assumes a linear model. I know you are aware of "the Butterfly Effect" which is a small example within the domain of Chaos theory, sensitivity to initial conditions, and highly non-linear phenomenon. I again refer you to the immediately preceding quote from you: We don't know the effect, and assuming there is no effect based on what observations we do have would not be a valid scientific approach.
Perhaps we should consider TT technology not solely dependent on space & time in relation to it’s effect on the universe and causing causalities in the physical sense, but perhaps on a dimension that is accessible and able to be exploited and cause very little harm or reaction to the universe that can also influence those who inhabit space & time. Consider this notion, my Temporal by-pass theory.
It would seem (that means I am guessing) that you are inferring a TT approach that is solely localized to the aphysical domain (what we call the domain of mind/soul/spirit). However, I would point out that *IF* theories that state Mind (aphysical) is intimately linked to Matter (physical) then such a technology might not be possible. But do go on and describe it more... I could be way off in my guess of what you are getting at! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
RMT, I think given the information I have layed out on this post, and citing your beliefs, I think you may be able to find a clear correlation & link to what we are really dealing with here.
Not really. Sorry. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/frown.gif
I am only sorry that I cannot currently be as thorough in my description and postings as I could have been years ago. One of the prices I had to pay for re-gaining my sanity and living a normal life away from Time Travel.
The good thing about language is that it is virtually an "infinite well" and interaction provides a virtuall "infinite canvas". Keep trying to describe what you are getting at, using more specific words, and I might reach you.
Well, let’s hope that by switching gears a bit here, it can give us a clearer meaning of the Ethics of Time Travel.
The switching gears here has actually confused me as to your rebuttal and where it is going. I believe I have made a fairly clear case that:

1) We do not yet "know" enough about how TT may manifest to know what its impacts would be on the self or on the rest of the self's universe.
2) Without this knowledge, we are also uninformed about how the technology (however it may manifest) could be used in a beneficial way or in an "evil" way.
3) Because we lack this knowledge, the scientific method tells us it is "good" to investigate it and see what we might be capable of developing, for purposes of experimentation and acquiring the knowledge we lack in items 1 and 2.
4) Until we do this, and understand under what circumstance (if any) causality can be violated, and what the eventual impacts of doing so are, I do not think we can pass ethical judgement on the technology or its potential uses.

RMT

RMT,
And perhaps this is an instance where you were not clear on what I was pointing out? I was showing how their attitude towards existing technology in some ways mirrors your arguments, and then asking you to contrast that against the more typical way of life in America where we do accept these technologies. They (Amish/Quakers) might consider our use of this technology "evil", but do WE? iridium said it best: moral relativism.

My arguments may sound quite similar to their stance on technology, but I assure you they are not identical.

For instance, I can attempt to come to understand the mechanics behind the technology, argue both sides, see their benefit, and then refuse to use it if I believe it’s wrong or meet it half-way.

The Amish however (this may sound like another generalization to some), will not use the technology at all, period. I am not to clear also on the education that they receive growing up, but it would seem that if they are so adamant about not using a technology, then they would also probably not have a strong basic concept on the mechanics behind it. Forsaking something without first knowing how the technology actually works and what it does, is the BIG difference here.

This may come as a surprise to you RMT, but I wouldn’t have a problem with Time Travel, if it was regulated and not used to exploit and manipulate human life. I’m a big fan of the History Channel and National Geographic, and I wouldn’t mind seeing history being unfolded through those formats with help of TT.

Not I, although I think the "mechanics" of science will be necessary to find ways to "mechanically induce" TT. My own personal belief is that the aphysical self (mind/soul/spirit) will be the primary "driving engine" of how TT will be possible, with some mechanical influences from the realm of Massive SpaceTime. I can support some of my beliefs with clues from existing science, as I have in the quotes of mine you have provided. However, I am not "conclusive or absolute" on precisely how it will come about (yet).

That’s fine, niether am I /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I remember watching an episode of Star Trek: TNG long ago, (I may have the details mixed up, so if anyone knows this episode, please do correct me) where officer Barkley was invaded by an alien consciousness that accelerated his thinking process. His perceptive on engineering was way beyond La Forge’s, that he subsequently set up a command center from within the Holodeck and created technology to the specifications provided by his mind; took control of the ships engines and took the crew to the center of the galaxy.

I think this would be an interesting technology to develop. You’d plug your self into a virtual reality universe, and it would extract abstract concepts from your mind and like magic just do the leg work of extrapolating together & add math and physics for it’s instant implementation.

Since the TTA is not a scientifically based individual (can’t make sense of hardcore formula expressed science), I do however have a very keen sense of imagination, and MacGyver like ability to see contingencies in many challenging situations. Perhaps that is the reason behind the alien abductions & temporal phasing; the schematics I possess for devices yet not created cannot be utilized unless extracted. Who knows?

OK, I am not sure what you specifically mean by this, but I assume you can continue to expound beyond this. And again I would ask what level of "influence" do you think is capable? Complete or partial?

Would the supply and demand approach be appropriate to apply to determine partial control?

Since it works very well for my self, and many others when I go to the pump.

Or how about, proportion ratios? Would just a small amount need controlling, and those who you control could influence the rest?

For instance, those who witness to people, and give someone a hand and insight, paying it forward in a sense; it could be part of a motivated temporal agenda to incite an action in someone, an action yet not taken but desired and willed to accomplish.

Much how some want others to join their group or organization. You know what I am getting at right?

Again I am a bit unclear when you use non-specifics like "those routes you make mention of". However, if what you mean by this is "complete control", then yes I would say there is no way TT technology could come about in this manner, as evidenced by any other physical phenomenon and what we know (scientifically) about incompleteness. And as far as "exploited to influence lives" I believe I have already admitted in earlier arguments that ANY technology can be exploited to influence lives (in "bad" or "good" ways).

Ok, I agree. So does that assertion alone then settle the argument?

If any technology can be exploited to influence lives in a “good” or “bad” manner, what further is there to debate?

And if we both agree, then who wins the debate /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif?

If you can show me something that assures 100% of the benefits and absolutely 0% risk, I'd like to hear about it. But I believe most in the scientific commnunity know this to be a fallacy, speaking practically from an implementation point of view.

I guess we may just have to wait to find out someday, if anything comes with 0% risk.

Because in ALL system implementations there is always incompleteness. One cannot account for everything and all effects that a collective system is subjected to. You may achieve, for a localized system, some realm of control over some processes but in doing so you forego control over other processes. It is like squeezing a balloon. Or to use the words of Aleister Crowley, there is always "the factor that is infinite and unknown." No one or no thing operating on something in the physical universe can have "complete knowledge" and thus cannot have "complete control."

Does God not have complete control?

If you want to talk about something that I (personally) think is "wrong", it would be speculating about what our future selves and/or future societies will think about us. It is sheer speculation and we cannot know at this juncture.

Ok, let history make it’s decisions in hindsight to what we couldn’t or refused to anticipate. Correcting the mistakes later maybe more desperate & devastating to human freewill, then the solutions that could have been implemented to prevent them in the first place, when it presented it’s self.

You RMT, should know that by being adamant in your approach towards those who intend to promote a “doom & gloom” perspective, is also speculative of what the future will think of our inaction if we do not consider the alternatives. Thus understanding it’s ramifications now, you have your intentions for being a TT debunker.

And a darn good one too /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Exactly. A major point of mine. Glad you agree. From this is where I justify science and the exploration of new technologies.... so we can COME TO KNOW.

I know we have many more disagreements then agreements on this issue, since we both have very different specialties and approaches to TT. Your scientific manner is crucial in the debunking realm of those who claim to be from the future, who knows how many lives you and others may have saved from following a cult of lies, by simply shedding light and exposing them. This is very admirable and commendable what you and others have done, you have done something that the TTA could not do. You have my sincerest respect.

My approach on the other hand, is more empathic and intuitive to subjective feelings and visions, the feelings of injustice and of having humanities freewill subjugated. Experiencing the effects on a daily basis, and in anticipation of this technology and of it’s potential for evil control; I did what I had no other choice to do.

It would seem (that means I am guessing) that you are inferring a TT approach that is solely localized to the aphysical domain (what we call the domain of mind/soul/spirit). However, I would point out that *IF* theories that state Mind (aphysical) is intimately linked to Matter (physical) then such a technology might not be possible. But do go on and describe it more... I could be way off in my guess of what you are getting at!

If the mind is linked to the physical body, and the body can influence matter, isn’t that Time Travel affecting space & time via route “mind/soul/spirit?”

For instance, I once considered the use of tachyon particles as a means of piggy backing on thoughts, thus causing influence to a past or future juncture within a network exclusive to one’s own unique vibrating frequency. Thus also making Déjà vu possible.

Developing a technology to increase and amplify the capacity of the mind, increase the % of usage. Who knows what we may be able to accomplish and discover through this means. We may yet find if Time Travel correlates and crosses through the “mind/soul/spirit” domain. What then?

Just how the macro can link to the micro, can’t the energy or will of space & time have capillary type appendages attaching to a mind/soul/spirit?

You tell me RMT, what link do you know of between the physical and aphysical domains?

If you have already posted them and don’t wish to post them again, you can just link me and I can read them.

The good thing about language is that it is virtually an "infinite well" and interaction provides a virtuall "infinite canvas". Keep trying to describe what you are getting at, using more specific words, and I might reach you.

Thank you for the kind advice /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I will keep trying.

Kind regards,
TTA

TTA,
My arguments may sound quite similar to their stance on technology, but I assure you they are not identical.
I never believed they were identical. But I'd bet they are more similar to your arugments than you might believe.
The Amish however (this may sound like another generalization to some), will not use the technology at all, period.
You're right... it not only may sound like another generalization, it might actually be one! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif How much do you know about the Amish people to be able to make this generalization? Since I'm the Ohio boy, who lived near them and knew some of them, I can assure you that their culture has its exceptions. They are not AS strict as you might imply with your "period" statement. In fact, their "hard-fast" rule is that THEY are not permitted to OWN or operate any of these certain technologies. For example, an Amish person would never own an automobile. But do you think they have a rule of never being allowed to ride in them? (Their rule: "No one shall operate cars or trucks."). This does not prohibit an Amish member from riding in someone else's car, especially in the case of an injury of one of their community. They are not going to tell a city ambulance "no, you cannot take them away to the hospital in that ambulence." /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif There are other examples, so this is just to give you the flavor. You can read up on them in many places. Here is the intro paragraph from THIS WEB SITE:
The Amish view of technology and technological change is very misunderstood by modern society. With their plain style of dress, straw hats, suspenders, and buggies, it is not difficult to see why so many of us perceive the Amish as having a hatred of technology. In reality, the Amish do not despise technology and even have incorporated many technologies into their culture. Other technologies, however, have been rejected completely or used within certain limitations as a result of deep religious beliefs and the rules that guide and maintain their distinct culture.
The link is a long read, but it will give you a MUCH deeper view of their "rules" for technology.
Forsaking something without first knowing how the technology actually works and what it does, is the BIG difference here.
Exactly. And this is the same argument I am making against your stance that developing TT is "unethical"... because we don't yet know how it works.
Since the TTA is not a scientifically based individual (can’t make sense of hardcore formula expressed science), I do however have a very keen sense of imagination, and MacGyver like ability to see contingencies in many challenging situations.
When a person with these "right brain" tendencies learns about basic science, and acquires the ability to model their ideas in the language of mathematics, they become highly balanced, efficient, and powerful people.
Would the supply and demand approach be appropriate to apply to determine partial control?
Since it works very well for my self, and many others when I go to the pump.
Or how about, proportion ratios? Would just a small amount need controlling, and those who you control could influence the rest?
For instance, those who witness to people, and give someone a hand and insight, paying it forward in a sense; it could be part of a motivated temporal agenda to incite an action in someone, an action yet not taken but desired and willed to accomplish.
Much how some want others to join their group or organization. You know what I am getting at right?
Are you aware of the concepts of Memes and Memetics? First defined by Richard Dawkins (a zoologist) as the information/energy equivalent of the physical gene. It sounds a bit like what you might be insinuating with the above thoughts. Is it?
Ok, I agree. So does that assertion alone then settle the argument?
If any technology can be exploited to influence lives in a “good” or “bad” manner, what further is there to debate?
And if we both agree, then who wins the debate
Do you feel you won the debate? Do you feel you have proven this claim?
And that by use of Time Travel to obtain that advancement, is by an unethical means.
I don't think you've convinced me that this statement of yours is true. I can't speak for anyone else who might be reading, but they put some questions to you as well.
I guess we may just have to wait to find out someday, if anything comes with 0% risk.
So far in our documented history, I think its safe to say that we have encountered no physical system that could be considered 100% anything or 0% anything. For example, we can never assure 100% reliability or safety of something like an airplane, or a space shuttle, or even a car. Getting out of bed every day represents the biggest decision to accept risk you ever make. Even if we never left the house, we could minimize our risk, but it will never be 0... and life could be really boring, eh? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Does God not have complete control?
Has God ever robbed you of your Free Will? In my own personal experiences "God" suggested some things to me, but never forced me to take, or refrain from, any action whatsoever. From this evidence alone, isn't it obvious that God does NOT have COMPLETE control?
You RMT, should know that by being adamant in your approach towards those who intend to promote a “doom & gloom” perspective, is also speculative of what the future will think of our inaction if we do not consider the alternatives. Thus understanding it’s ramifications now, you have your intentions for being a TT debunker.
My intentions behind why I do what I do, in the manner I do it, may just be a bit more intricate than you might expect, from a statement like this. It may seem to be a bit of a cocky statement, but I assure you that I have a mathematical model of where I am, and where I want to be in my future. The math is pretty complex, so I won't bore you with it.

My approach on the other hand, is more empathic and intuitive to subjective feelings and visions, the feelings of injustice and of having humanities freewill subjugated.
I am sincerely aware that you have these talents and this is how you shape your approach. And you might be interested to know that I am aware that there are many people just like you. You should seek out to merge your talents in this "side" of reality with the tools of the "other side" (yes, the dreaded math and science). It has been shown, through the example of many successful people down thru the ages, that the "Rennaisance Man" has always been a person well-balanced in both the SUBJECTIVE (Creative) but also the OBJECTIVE (Analytic). Yin/Yang, eh? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Developing a technology to increase and amplify the capacity of the mind, increase the % of usage. Who knows what we may be able to accomplish and discover through this means. We may yet find if Time Travel correlates and crosses through the “mind/soul/spirit” domain. What then?
This sounds like a great, positive view of what we might be able to achieve with limited applications of TT technology. Doesn't sound much like a person who still believes that TT and its usage would always be unethical!
Just how the macro can link to the micro, can’t the energy or will of space & time have capillary type appendages attaching to a mind/soul/spirit?

You tell me RMT, what link do you know of between the physical and aphysical domains?
There is a geometric and mathematic model for this exact thing that links physical and aphysical. Can you guess what it is? And if I told you that the three primary, stabilizing network "appendages" that connect these two domains are called "Mass, Space, and Time"... what would you say?
If you have already posted them and don’t wish to post them again, you can just link me and I can read them.
There are quite a few threads where I addressed this. Maybe I will bump one or two of them to the top over the holiday weekend, and add some comments pertinent to the discussion we have had here.

Later Dudes,
RMT

Much has been discussed. Whether time travel anyone is talking about is physical or just mental has not really been defined. Since people do know that other people including about everyone does time travel in some respect by mind mainly since the future has not happened yet into the future so boldly, I can only surmise that again the term time travel has to apply to the individuals that may use it someday. (if that is even possible to physically time travel) Since traveling into the future is only done in a general way with the mind, first one must define who and what may decide to use it, and if it will be for public use, or held back for some reason to only a limited use (physical time travel that is.)

I think that it's moral use depends on what time is and how it will come about by explanations of the subject.

I therefore conclude that understanding the complete process of nature (or say a similiar term like the Universe) may make technology so overwhelming someday (as to what can be done with any of it) as to say that technology will make humans develop morals or else be dead in a flash much like antimatter used for some purpose other than the uses it may be used for. So as technology increases, the few who can use it, or harness it's extreme power will also have to design security features into the system that makes any such system about totally useless, unless those scientists are the only ones who know and can design such security systems. Yes, it could be a joint effort by such a team and still used for general consumption like anything else, but to me there will be a day that God calls the Reckoning.
So, I have to assume as of now that there can be no day when technology is so advanced that people will continue to use it in some normal fashion. It is not the technology, it is the morals of the species that will enter into some advanced form of technology.

The explanation of 'time' is the only way to have a discussion on whether it can be used or not.
Conceiveably you will never want what is going on with some people across this planet to ever learn or be able to make -- antimatter. Even though it would take large quantities of such technology, such a technology is so inherently dangerous to most people that with very advanced technologies -- those technologies may never be made anymore, because of security concerns with those technologies even though the debate continues over using those very advanced technologies or not.

So, perhaps God already has that advanced technology and is also wondering whether man will use that technology as a Reckoning type of day, or perhaps God will have to use that very advanced technology as a Reckoning Day.

I reckon that therefore I can not give an answer to this discussion about time travel then. I simply may not know enough about what 'time' is to even gather up a stupid answer, let alone an intelligent answer.

Therefore I quit for now this discussion on whether time travel should ever be used. As I see it now being used, I have my doubts if humans can ever make it through this upcoming time period with what is going on in this World.

The other sciences have not kept up with "Living somewhere else in this Universe" or even "Out of this Universe".

RMT,
You're right... it not only may sound like another generalization, it might actually be one! How much do you know about the Amish people to be able to make this generalization? Since I'm the Ohio boy, who lived near them and knew some of them, I can assure you that their culture has its exceptions. They are not AS strict as you might imply with your "period" statement. In fact, their "hard-fast" rule is that THEY are not permitted to OWN or operate any of these certain technologies.

Thank-you for providing me the info regarding the Amish, when time permits I will read more into it. Sometimes I feel the same way when I hear someone make generalizations about Latin culture
but I won't go into that, that’s a whole different thread not related to TT.

Exactly. And this is the same argument I am making against your stance that developing TT is "unethical"... because we don't yet know how it works.

I don't believe I ever stated that "developing" TT would be unethical, other then it's “use” could be. Or I could be wrong, please cite me if you seen me say other wise.

When a person with these "right brain" tendencies learns about basic science, and acquires the ability to model their ideas in the language of mathematics, they become highly balanced, efficient, and powerful people.

Thanks for the tip /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Are you aware of the concepts of Memes and Memetics? First defined by Richard Dawkins (a zoologist) as the information/energy equivalent of the physical gene. It sounds a bit like what you might be insinuating with the above thoughts. Is it?

No, I am not familiar with his concepts. I'll look into it though.

Do you feel you won the debate? Do you feel you have proven this claim?

Is that what would decide it? No, I don't think I won, perhaps it's a stalemate or a draw, since we both agreed that it can be "good" or "bad" either way.

I said:
And that by use of Time Travel to obtain that advancement, is by an unethical means.

And you replied:
I don't think you've convinced me that this statement of yours is true. I can't speak for anyone else who might be reading, but they put some questions to you as well.

Well that's probably because it was not elaborated as much... I will continue to attempt to prove this point as the rest of the debate begins to unfold.

Has God ever robbed you of your Free Will? In my own personal experiences "God" suggested some things to me, but never forced me to take, or refrain from, any action whatsoever. From this evidence alone, isn't it obvious that God does NOT have COMPLETE control?

I would really like to hear more about this and what you believe, it's fascinating to hear your spiritual perspectives.

My intentions behind why I do what I do, in the manner I do it, may just be a bit more intricate than you might expect, from a statement like this. It may seem to be a bit of a cocky statement, but I assure you that I have a mathematical model of where I am, and where I want to be in my future. The math is pretty complex, so I won't bore you with it.

I think I may have an idea what you’re getting at, but at this point I am merely now guessing. Do you mean following a model like the Tree of Life and other ancient systems of utilizing math to find correlations to a divine purpose & meaning? If so, I am quite familiar then with this approach.

If I could cite something from a post made on the TT claims section by you yesterday, posted here:
http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/ttiforum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ttclaims&Number=35138&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=7
In today's world we know about the problem of "religious fundamentalism", and I am not only referring to Islamist terrorist groups. There are Christian fundamentalists with some wacked-out ideas (Pat Robertson, anyone?) as well as Jewish fundamentalists. But how often do we even consider that there might be a subculture that might best be described as "atheist fundamentalists".

I've seen the signs. There is such an undercurrent of people out there. And the point of ANY form of fundamentalism is the extremeness of belief, and a general lack of balance (either acceptance or tolerance of) opposing ideas. I am sure most atheists detest having anyone from any religious belief try to "shove their ideas down my atheist throat". But how often do atheists ever look at themselves, and see if they might be just as "vehement" in how they try to "convince" believers that there IS no God? I've visted many science forums, and some of them are less science forums than they are a place for atheists to willfully "shove their atheism down the throat" of any theist who happens to express an opinion or try to show them some (indirect) evidence for a God.

The rule of the "New Time" (and I know Zerubabbel agrees with this, and perhaps we will hear from him) is that ALL forms of extremism are on their way out. And even if they don't think they are on the way out, they will find some help from an "usher" of sorts when we reach "the end of ordinary Time".

With all due respect RMT, one may say these "religious fundamentalists" as you call them, are also following a "Mathematical Model" in the sense that they also have an intricate reason why they do what they do, and how they do it.

On the same token, we can also add "NewAge fundamentalists" to the list. I wouldn't think they would be 100% exempt from also following a fundamentalist view and approach? I think it's safe to say if "all forms of extremism are on the way out" as you put it, then this would also include those who follow some form of a NewAge doctrine, whatever that may be.

The TTA has had much experience with NewAge fundamentalists in the past, and many would rather have us adopt and join a NewAge doctrine bandwagon by use of their euphemistic language, over that of orthodox belief.

But we can elaborate further on that as the debate continues

I am sincerely aware that you have these talents and this is how you shape your approach. And you might be interested to know that I am aware that there are many people just like you. You should seek out to merge your talents in this "side" of reality with the tools of the "other side" (yes, the dreaded math and science). It has been shown, through the example of many successful people down thru the ages, that the "Rennaisance Man" has always been a person well-balanced in both the SUBJECTIVE (Creative) but also the OBJECTIVE (Analytic). Yin/Yang, eh?

Thanks again for the advice, I do appreciate it. I take my failings and inadequacies as a chance to grow and develop within my self. I will definitely grow and advance my self in that regard as well. Though I doubt I'll be as good as others /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

This sounds like a great, positive view of what we might be able to achieve with limited applications of TT technology. Doesn't sound much like a person who still believes that TT and its usage would always be unethical!

My approach may sound 100% conservative in TT being unethical, but I have always suggested that it should be regulated, even 6 yrs ago. It's just that I focus mainly on the unethical use of it, more then on the regulated use. First hand personal experience I suppose.

There is a geometric and mathematic model for this exact thing that links physical and aphysical. Can you guess what it is? And if I told you that the three primary, stabilizing network "appendages" that connect these two domains are called "Mass, Space, and Time"... what would you say?

Awesome dude!

I'd say that this debate is far from being over /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I am looking forward to debating this approach in relation to TT, and other NewAgisms soon

TTA

Ahhhhhhhhhhh ha!! So Javier this is the way that you set the stage for readers to get involved in the Titor story, by implanting the idea of “time travel being unethical”. Hot dam, this is one diabolical Role Playing Game!! I've never looked at it from this angle before?

(Ciphers quote)
Whatever else the story has done, maybe there is a deeper matter as well. A higher purpose that the writer almost certainly intended. Which is to show that we're all vulnerable to the glamour of Time Travel. The whole point is to feel its pull and then reject it. That’s why it was compulsory for the TimeTravelActivist to fashion a dual character.

There are so many flaws in your reasoning about time travel. First to get over the hump of it even being real or possible, which has NOT been scientifically proven and is still open to controversy. AFAIC, its all iddle talk and unfounded information. And with that said, it seems you will still push to attempt to trap us within this flimsy mind frame when in reality its all nonsense!! Pure speculation of “what if” with no real foundation for validity, though you stress it as a moral issue. LOL, I see sith lord has spoken again!!

Javier, there is no violation of human freewill except in your "own" mind, or those marginal thoughts that you wish to implant in others. If you yourself wish to believe this dung, than it will forever dominate and hinder you. LOL, but I dont think that is the case. I think you've played around with this sociological concept and have decided to put it to the test on the weak minded.

As far as whats "evil" and whats "good", they both work hand in hand, but to your disbelief
Javier, ALL FOR GOOD!! An excelent example of this would be Jesus' death on the cross, where his whole purpose justified the end. Just look how powerfull his message has become. LOL, no not your message, BUT HIS!!

Though, how much of it was really the person’s own doing, if someone pulled the strings to arrange it to be?

If you were placed or moved around like a pawn, isn’t it wrong to suggest to a human being that they have freewill, but really take complete command of their lives to fulfill some end result purpose?

Look here chappy, we all live on this earth and fate will eventually claim us all to death. Its all how you react or feel about those arranged strings (or how you orchestrate the mind). And that my friend is 100% FREEWILL!! None of these things can hurt you if you simply look for the best scenario of how to deal with them. For example I read this book about a man who was a POW. They had him locked up behind bars and fed him fish bones in water. He learned to train his mind to except that the soup was the greatest gift and something beautiful to look at. He looked forward to receiving it each day because it was keeping him alive through spirit of the mind, and he survived. NOW THAT’S POWERFULL!! and not your dantes inferno filled with layers of limbo that you wish us all to see!!

I recall I found my self also re-experiencing the voice in the experience, and taking strong measures previously to counter them the last time, from occurring again this time. I had an actual dialogue with this voice & my self, I was given instructions on what to attempt,

I'm curious, is this voice you had a dialogue with, John Titor? You are sicker then I previously thought Javier. If one believes they are a time traveller, the idea that comes in here is that "CONSCIOUSNESS" is taking advantage of expertise available elsewhere, elsewhere than the travellers brain. So where is the expertise? And here comes the quantum idea of soul. Quantum idea of the soul is that soul can exist as character of people that have alleged to time travel or died before. This is nothing more then the workings of the natural brain and its ability to perform ridiculous suggestions that trick it into believing it has the ability. LOL, like I said earlier Javier, you are a legend in your own mind!! None of Johny boys predictions came true, and I aint gonna start believing to allow them "in my mind" to come true!!

This is a form of mind manipulation that you have attached to yourself AND NOW DAMMING ON OTHERS (or implanting the suggestive thoughts that they are being time manipulated and have no freewill). LOL, its all horse pucky and there is no point in you continuing this indoctrinating conversation because its all pointless and mute!! And as for your side kick Darby his post is also manipulating as he’s trying to get us to “focus” on the “one word” (ETHICAL) to try and direct our thoughts more in your direction. LOL, a padawan in training I see!!

Suppose in 4000 years from now, a society possess great power, and intends to utilize a technology that can subjugate an individual’s freewill without their knowledge? Why? Because after everything’s been said and done, 1 final endeavor remains, and eludes them. Would that be an unethical use of the technology by this society?

LOL, yes sith lord, and you are “also” partly to blame for creating this subjugation. Simply by just suggesting that contagious idea.

Since the TTA is not a scientifically based individual (can’t make sense of hardcore formula expressed science), I do however have a very keen sense of imagination, and MacGyver like ability to see contingencies in many challenging situations. Perhaps that is the reason behind the alien abductions & temporal phasing; the schematics I possess for devices yet not created cannot be utilized unless extracted. Who knows?

Javier, what “schematics and devices” are you talk'n bout? Possibly the John Titor rattletrap
time machine urn? Hot Doubled Dam, MacGyver imagination all right!!

My approach on the other hand, is more empathic and intuitive to subjective feelings and visions, the feelings of injustice and of having humanities freewill subjugated. Experiencing the effects on a daily basis, and in anticipation of this technology and of it’s potential for evil control; I did what I had no other choice to do.

And what was is it that you had no other choice to do? Create the Titor story?

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

TTA,
Sometimes I feel the same way when I hear someone make generalizations about Latin culture
I hear you. My best friend that I went to school with and worked with in aerospace for many years is from a large Mexican family that counters a whole LOT of the typical stereotypes and generalizations.
I don't believe I ever stated that "developing" TT would be unethical, other then it's “use” could be. Or I could be wrong, please cite me if you seen me say other wise.
Well, I agree that perhaps you did not use those specific words, per se. However, some of the words that I had quoted from you in the earlier thread (which gave birth to this thread) sure did sound like you were taking this kind of stance:
However, one cannot categorize Time Travel along with the theory that the world is round or that we evolved from lower species. Or can we? Let us play “Devil’s Advocate” for a moment and look at this. These theories were both new concepts at a time, much how Time Travel is for us today. And yet, all have harmed our past, and affected the outlook of our future. (snip)
Do we tempt faith, and change the past and the future with Time Travel?
While you are always free to change your mind (as we all are), I am not sure I agree that "all" of these theories have "harmed our past". And while theories of where we came from and where we live certainly DO affect our future (actually, that is one of their purposes), I would claim that they may have affected our futures in more a positive way than a negative way. But again, "bad" will always come along with "good" because of how some people will use technology, energy, or information.
No, I am not familiar with his concepts. I'll look into it though.
The book where Dawkins introduced this concept is called The Selfish Gene. But I first read about the concept in a different book by Daniel Dennett called Consciousness Explained. Don't let the bold title fool you. I don't think he comes terribly close to actually "explaining" consciousness, but I did find some interesting nuggets in it, and found it a good read. In fact, these two books were large motivators for my own work to develop the "INTENTION->Information->Energy->Force/Moment" hierarchy of action/reaction. I would probably describe Memes (in my own words) as systemic groupings of processes which feed on and give off information. But Dawkins might not agree! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Is that what would decide it? No, I don't think I won, perhaps it's a stalemate or a draw, since we both agreed that it can be "good" or "bad" either way.
Well, if we went by the formal rules of debate, I don't think it would be termed a draw, although it might also not be at its end. You were the one who stated a claim that you believe is true. I believe I (and others) have provided several rebuttals to at least hack away at any claim that the use of TT would always be unethical, including in trying to achieve spiritual enlightenment. Moreover, I think I have established that until we have scientific evidence for how TT can manifest such that it is regularly useable by mankind, it is difficult for us to pass ethical judgements upon it. In my own mind (and maybe we need others to chime in here), I think I have done more to hack away at your claim than you have done to show its validity. But again, that is just my view... not saying it is gospel.

I will continue to attempt to prove this point as the rest of the debate begins to unfold.
OK
I would really like to hear more about this and what you believe, it's fascinating to hear your spiritual perspectives.
Ugh. I think we need a "barfing" emoticon. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Really, I am not into expounding my spiritual beliefs unless there is some semblance of scientific reason that is available to demonstrate them. Such as my statement about God being in COMPLETE control vs. our Free Will. Is it not true that you have a Free Will and that God cannot force you to do one thing over another? Indeed, this is a foundational point used by atheists that there is no God!
I think I may have an idea what you’re getting at, but at this point I am merely now guessing. Do you mean following a model like the Tree of Life and other ancient systems of utilizing math to find correlations to a divine purpose & meaning? If so, I am quite familiar then with this approach.
You might know "that" approach, but I assure you that you don't know "my" approach. Your description is fairly general, and I would say that there are elements of my approach that may validate your statement. However, to be clear: I do not START with ancient systems or the Tree Of Life and work backwards. I start with existing scientific relationships and fundamental properties of mathematics, and work towards validating them within the geometric and mathematical aspects of the Tree Of Life (and note I purposefully ommitted the "mystical" portions). If you wanted a generalization of my approach, I would say it would be more along the lines of a systems engineering approach to getting where/what you want, which has been enhanced by discovering correlations between this form of engineering/science and the geometry/math of the Tree Of Life.
With all due respect RMT, one may say these "religious fundamentalists" as you call them, are also following a "Mathematical Model" in the sense that they also have an intricate reason why they do what they do, and how they do it.
You could say that, but I think you would be stretching the use of the term "mathematical model". I can actually show people my REAL mathematical models (implemented on tools as simple as Excel and as complex as MATLAB/SIMULINK) that project my activities into the future. Religious fundamentalists (generally) can only point to their books, and cannot seem to explain the paradoxes and outright falsehoods within them that they still claim as "gospel". I broke with the Catholic church at a young age because of the lack of correlation between "Church Law" and Natural Law.
On the same token, we can also add "NewAge fundamentalists" to the list. I wouldn't think they would be 100% exempt from also following a fundamentalist view and approach? I think it's safe to say if "all forms of extremism are on the way out" as you put it, then this would also include those who follow some form of a NewAge doctrine, whatever that may be.
You certainly might be able to add these people to the list. But it is difficult to group all people with beliefs that differ from "conventinal" religions under one banner called "New Age". Although I know a lot of people like to make such a generalization. Again, to me the proof is in the pudding. While you may call a certain, specific practice "New Age", you really need to understand that approach in-depth to see if there is any scientific correlation or validation, because that is a major element which separates such an approach from the traditional "religious fundamentalist" approach where their only answer to a question is "because God said so in this book..."

Indeed, when I discuss extremism there are two extremes where "fundamentalism" can arise in an unbalanced manner: Spirituality AND Science. If you take either of these two as an extreme position, IMO you are "incomplete and unbalanced". However, when you try to form an approach to BOTH with elements of BOTH (some may lump this under a generalized New Age banner), I believe what you end up with is a balanced approach that avoids the extremes of either of the two positions.
The TTA has had much experience with NewAge fundamentalists in the past, and many would rather have us adopt and join a NewAge doctrine bandwagon by use of their euphemistic language, over that of orthodox belief.
I know the types you speak of, and yes they are out there. But you should be careful that you don't dismiss some approaches as being this without digging into their beliefs to see if they can be validated in any manner by science.

I've pointed you towards the concepts of the Meme, and also discussed things like Chaos Theory and fractals. These, and many other, elements of emerging science are changing the landscape of the two extremes I mentioned above (Science and Spirituality). The current work on Dark Energy is another one that is bringing these two disciplines together. If there is one overarching theme that these "new sciences" are coming closer to validating, it is the ancient spiritual/religious belief that "we are all One... ALL in the universe is ONE." One can even analyze the universe systemically in this very manner.
But we can elaborate further on that as the debate continues
IMO, this would we a different debate. As the more we discuss spiritual traditions and "who is right or wrong", then I think we are veering away from a discussion of whether we should develop (and regulate) the ability to TT.
My approach may sound 100% conservative in TT being unethical, but I have always suggested that it should be regulated, even 6 yrs ago. It's just that I focus mainly on the unethical use of it, more then on the regulated use.
And that's a good thing. Similarly, on this board I focus on what I believe to be the "unethical polluting of future potential" with hoax TTers claiming we are heading for armageddon. So again, with regard to this debate it would seem to me that you came in with a pretty strong "it is wrong" stance (when you consider other things you have written in the past) but now it seems you have conceded many of my points which may soften the "it is wrong" stance. Yet we both agree that "it can be used in a wrong way for bad purposes."
I'd say that this debate is far from being over .
I am looking forward to debating this approach in relation to TT, and other NewAgisms soon
I dunno. You might call it an "offshoot" of the same debate, but I'd say it would be starting a new/different one.

One hallmark of a well-structured debate is having a CLEAR statement of the debate's premise when going into it. Given our last few discussions on spirituality, I do not (yet) see a clear premise about it that we would debate. That is why I would suggest you work on defining some sort of CLEAR premise that would kick-off a new debate. That way we both know what the primary issue (truth or falseness thereof) is that we would be debating.

RMT

It seems the premise for this debate would be that time travel is not only possible, but assumed to be a reality.

The basic ideal already put on the table by Ray was INTENTION.

As far as a historical study goes, intentions may have been for "positive" progress, or assumed that the technology would be utlized for such a goal, has not been adhered to by those willing to exploit anything to give them an advantage.

This brings me to the next ideal that would effect a time traveler.

JUSTIFICATION.

If the time traveler follows the best of intentions, yet has a family member harmed by another, would this time traveler feel"justified" in righting a wrong, from his/her point of view?

Every faction in the world today feels "justified" by their actions.

With time travel as a reality...I foresee many problems arising IF accessible to many different people.

Under the circumstances of our modern society, I think time travel would be used for unethical reasons...even if a set of "rules" could be established.

As we become more of a global community, I think most people "know" whats right, but ignore this knowledge.

And the mention of God to enter into this debate seems unavoidable.

To make my stance clear...

I agree with TTA, that time travel would NOT be a good idea.

However, if the opportunity came up to do it...I would jump at the chance to go. And I believe that everyone would also do the same. It may be easy to say no when it is merely a concept, but if someone showed up with a real machine, I dont know of anyone who wouldnt travel in time, regardless of what position they are taking now in these forums.

I believe that ethics would be tossed to the wind, and personal( emotional) motivation would rule time travel.

OvrLrdLegion,

JUSTIFICATION.

Great point!

Over the years we've seem dozens of would be "time travelers" here and on other sites. Though we're not sure what the effect of time travel might have in the real world (whatever that really means) I've been struck by one continuing theme...the time traveler never profers any logical justification for the trip.

Whatever the effect, moral, ethical or legal, that time travel would have it would be an expensive venture for a society in time, manpower, resources and money. Surely such a society would have a better plan than the theme that we've seen - "I'm here from 2035 (2025, 2036, etc.); the world is doomed; everything that could prove me true is a secret and I can't answer any tough questions."

What's the point? Why would a society make such an investment just to send someone here to play an online game of 20 questions?

Javier has raised some serious questions. In fact, this thread is the point where I first entered the time travel forums six years ago. Javier was involved in that thread then: "The Ethics of TIme Travel".

I have often wonder the same thing regarding the reasons "why" time travelers show up here in TTI.

I would think that there are dozens of other places a time traveler would go if they truly wanted to establish themselves to be from the future, such as some University or similar organization. Even if we, here, decided that someone was indeed from the future, big whoop.

I would love to overhear a time traveler reporting to his/her superior(s) regarding the "expedition" to the past.

"What did you accomplish Time Travel Team" ? ...

" We posted on a website called Time Travel Institute. We successfully convinced Darby and RainmanTime that we are from the future"!

I dont see this as an accomplishment for the efforts required to travel back to our time period.

( Even though it would be a great accomplishment to actually do so.... /ttiforum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

..................................................................................................

As far as the ethics of time travel are concerned, I dont really have alot to say on that, excepting what I mentioned above. Ethics is a fickle thing, subject to change in a flash. What we consider ethical today, may change tomorrow.

And yes, Javier has given us some serious questions to consider.

The thought that keeps coming up is the idea that IF time travel is a reality, then it would be occuring as we speak. And if this is so...then "they" are among us now. The places they would be would be easy to guess, in a general sense, not an exact location.

Now, if "they" are active in the past, what have they done ? Remained silent, or "assisted" with a few things here and there?

I.e., Perhaps DaVinci was influenced by a traveler in time, and I am NOT referring to the DaVinci Code that is popular right now.

Justification is so important in this issue...

I consider myself close to God. I try to stay on the "correct" path as laid out in the Bible,

HOWEVER...HOWEVER...HOWEVER...

How many times have I wandered away from those guidelines because I have felt justified to do so ?
And what are my justifications based upon ?

I really could give a rats behind what society or anybody thinks under certain circumstances, and will act according to my internal motivations.

This is exactly what would happen with a time traveler. Everything may be great, until some force within that individual overcomes the general( accepted by a group ) sense of right or wrong.

If a time traveler is witness to the collapse of the twin towers in NY, and is told not to interact in anyway, but has a small child within reach that is in peril...???

The overall sense of acting within the timeline maybe tossed aside for personal reasons, justifying the saving of that child.

And who knows, maybe there was a future that Hitler won. Maybe Germany developed the Atomic Bomb first... or any other of possible actions the regime could have taken.

I have heard that Hitler had dreams that guided him in his actions...a time traveler making sure he wasnt successful?

Whose to say ?

And would that be ethical or justified ?

OvrLrdLegion,

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JUSTIFICATION.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great point!
I'm down with both of you on this analysis, no doubt. And Darby, I couldn't have put together a better sentence-synopsis than:
"I'm here from 2035 (2025, 2036, etc.); the world is doomed; everything that could prove me true is a secret and I can't answer any tough questions."
It is hard enough to believe with the original Titor material, but when all the wanna-be second-gen hoaxers use the same, exact ploy... Allright already...enough already! OY!! :D
To make my stance clear...

I agree with TTA, that time travel would NOT be a good idea.
Fair enough, and I can certainly make my stance clear:

I cannot agree that ANY new technology is inherently a "bad" idea UNLESS and UNTIL that technology can be fully quantified and turned into an engineering applications science. Because just like the history of our development of flight technology, we didn't know how GOOD or BAD the technology could be until we had fully investigated it and developed it.

And I believe aviation (among so many other technologies of electronics and systems) has served us quite well as a result of our earnest WILL to develop these technologies... FOR THE GOOD OF MANKIND.

I believe that "time travel for anybody" would be wrong, just like I believe that not everyone is fit, or capable to fly a commercial aircraft, or fly a space shuttle, or launch a satellite, or be a law enforcer, or operate on people, or so many other highly-specialized positions. There are many things in our society that you must show you are "qualified" to do so you do not hurt yourself nor others. But until we understand what our limitations would be if we could achieve TT, it is hard to evaluate just "how badly it could be used."

I keep pointing out causality violation. This is a big question, and I am surprised that you are not agreeing with me Darby. If we are supposed to assume that TT will manifest such that someone could CAUSE a causality violation in another timeline, then we are talking about a powerful technology. As long as we have no objective evidence for any causality violation, in our universe or any other, then the "power available" with TT technology would not be as dangerous and disasterous as some might believe. Any universe that permits a causality violation without any dynamic, resistant response would not seem to jive with what we know about Action and Reaction, at all levels of physics.

Am I somehow incorrect in this? Is this not an important thing to know about the overall response of the Massive SpaceTime continuum?

RMT

You know the interesting thing about relative truth (or subjective truth)? It really exists. However, it doesn't always have to exist.

Take the following example:

Two men stand in a forest. They are 100 yards apart. A single tree stands directly between them. The tree falls. Each man is asked which way the tree fell. Man A says the tree fell to the left. Man B says the tree fell to the right.

In this case, they are both correct, but if they argued with each other, they would be convinced the other was wrong. So how do we reconcile this? We look to a standard that is outside the both of them. We say, the tree fell to the NORTH!

Many things in life are like this and the solution is the same. Look to a standard that is outside of the situation. By doing this, we can counteract the subjectiveness of INTENTION and JUSTIFICATION.

Some people will argue that you can't paint the world black and white like that. Oh, can't you? Some say the only absolute truth is that there is no absolute truth. What a self-defeating argument!

What does this have to do with this discussion? I don't know...I think I forgot. Oh yeah...we are talking about highly subjective issues...Ethics, Intentions, Justifications, etc. So I just thought I'd throw this out here.

You know the one infuriating thing about this though? If Man B absolutely will not acknowledge that there even is a NORTH let alone which direction it is. Then we have a problem.

RMT,
The book where Dawkins introduced this concept is called The Selfish Gene. But I first read about the concept in a different book by Daniel Dennett called Consciousness Explained. Don't let the bold title fool you. I don't think he comes terribly close to actually "explaining" consciousness, but I did find some interesting nuggets in it, and found it a good read. In fact, these two books were large motivators for my own work to develop the "INTENTION->Information->Energy->Force/Moment" hierarchy of action/reaction. I would probably describe Memes (in my own words) as systemic groupings of processes which feed on and give off information. But Dawkins might not agree!

Thanks for the links RMT, I read the reviews on amazon, quite interesting. Maybe I'll buy the books used. I am sure threads can be started on the concepts he presents.

.....Moreover, I think I have established that until we have scientific evidence for how TT can manifest such that it is regularly useable by mankind, it is difficult for us to pass ethical judgements upon it. In my own mind (and maybe we need others to chime in here), I think I have done more to hack away at your claim than you have done to show its validity. But again, that is just my view... not saying it is gospel.

Yeah... I guess you have. Or perhaps it's gone exactly the way I thought it would. It could be that by establishing a common ground we can both agree on, the revelance of what I have said or will say, will continue to unfold and make my case in this debate.

Ugh. I think we need a "barfing" emoticon. Really, I am not into expounding my spiritual beliefs unless there is some semblance of scientific reason that is available to demonstrate them. Such as my statement about God being in COMPLETE control vs. our Free Will. Is it not true that you have a Free Will and that God cannot force you to do one thing over another? Indeed, this is a foundational point used by atheists that there is no God!

Yeah, I know... but I am also taking a risk expounding my spiritual beliefs without science to back them up.

On the subject of God, I hope to call upon certain experts in this field. The TTA does not wish to disrespect bona fide religious sects by attempting to speak for them. Unless it's a NewAge cult, then it's on!

If freewill is given to each of us, as it is said, and whether God is in control of our eventual end, is another thing. But when some force is introduced in-between and interferes with our freewill, that’s a crime against humanity.

This can be called by many names: some would call it spiritual warfare, I call it Time Traveling.

Something’s in the background, the TTA along with countless others know this. Gears are being turned, motivating and influencing us without our consent; manifesting it’s self by strange phenomena that cannot be explained by science. Experiences that can only be experienced by the individual, coincidences that would be impossible to duplicate and numbers that cannot lie.

This is what the TTA is talking about. If it’s not God who is responsible for these things, then who is? The intentions to manipulate our actions and decisions, and be subject to do what their will draws us to do, is unethical. This we have previously agreed on.

TT has got to play some role in this, the control and force it holds on people is not voiced enough. It has in the TTA.

I challenge anyone to experience what I have experienced, and tell me you would not have done and felt the same. Endure the feelings of having your will taken hostage; to do what others will you to do, is the main concern why the TTA feels that TT is unethical.

….If you wanted a generalization of my approach, I would say it would be more along the lines of a systems engineering approach to getting where/what you want, which has been enhanced by discovering correlations between this form of engineering/science and the geometry/math of the Tree Of Life.

Wow RMT, that’s something else. I own the movie PI and seen it quite a few times, so I think I get the general idea.

I know understanding the mechanical mathematical model and formula’s maybe be hard & boring for some, but since we are debating spirituality along with TT, and since the premise was also on spiritual advancement and the unethical use of TT leading us to this as a result, it may be a good idea to put them in more lay-men terms.

Or meet us half-way /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif?

You could say that, but I think you would be stretching the use of the term "mathematical model". I can actually show people my REAL mathematical models (implemented on tools as simple as Excel and as complex as MATLAB/SIMULINK) that project my activities into the future.

Great, I’d like to see them. However, if you have any objection to posting them on here, I can certainly understand. I know you’ve expressed some concern for keeping the rights to your story, I can only imagine how you may feel concerning your unique concepts. Perhaps you can just give us a standard watered done synopsis, or a common theory already out there as a basis to defend the notion I brought forth, of TT & spiritual advancement.

…Again, to me the proof is in the pudding. While you may call a certain, specific practice "New Age", you really need to understand that approach in-depth to see if there is any scientific correlation or validation, because that is a major element which separates such an approach from the traditional "religious fundamentalist" approach where their only answer to a question is "because God said so in this book..."

Ok, sounds fair enough. Let us look at some examples. Anyone want to post a list of the most popular New Age beliefs, and what they believe and how they approach the future?

For example: Astrology… many of us know at least the Sun sign we were born under. I for one am an Aries, with a birthday from which many famous people have descended from. i.e. Buddha, William Wordsworth, Russell Crowe, Jackie Chan, and Jesus Christ also died on my DOB.

Now, do I believe that any of this has any significance in the way I am? No of course not.

Do the planets or Sun in a specific house this month, hold any power over my decisions and actions today?

Is there any science or math to attest that they do control our mood and behaviors, to the characteristic traits that they claim those born under exhibit?

I know the types you speak of, and yes they are out there. But you should be careful that you don't dismiss some approaches as being this without digging into their beliefs to see if they can be validated in any manner by science.

Very well, let’s validate some and see how they fit into the debate.

I've pointed you towards the concepts of the Meme, and also discussed things like Chaos Theory and fractals. These, and many other, elements of emerging science are changing the landscape of the two extremes I mentioned above (Science and Spirituality). The current work on Dark Energy is another one that is bringing these two disciplines together. If there is one overarching theme that these "new sciences" are coming closer to validating, it is the ancient spiritual/religious belief that "we are all One... ALL in the universe is ONE." One can even analyze the universe systemically in this very manner.

Question for you RMT: Do these scientific notions you have brought up, do they offer any leads to a great design and designer?

If we are all one, does this not also mean some Being set it all in motion with intention?

Wouldn’t these coincidences of “oneness” show correlation to a consciousness once in control of all, but now dispersed in Space and Time at the inception of creation?

Perhaps God is everywhere and in everything in this way. Wouldn’t an energy of design still need to be kept around to maintain the structure of life?

I know for some, the lights can be on, and no one can be home.

Or does the universe simply need no governance?

The TTA knows that no matter what I have done in the past, the synchronizations and manifestation was a form of a consciousness leading me towards a current crossroad of an action or decision. Again, whether it was God or a poser, the damage has been dealt, and my freewill was disregarded. This again, is WRONG!

IMO, this would we a different debate. As the more we discuss spiritual traditions and "who is right or wrong", then I think we are veering away from a discussion of whether we should develop (and regulate) the ability to TT.

I respectfully disagree, RMT. Since the premise was not just on human advancement, but also on spiritual advancement; the devolvement of TT, I am not sure if that was directly implied as the purpose for this debate. Therefore one may also take this debate as being a discussion on “where we went wrong” and what was (or will be) our downfall to cause TT in the first place.

Certainly the regulation and ramifications can be discussed as well.

And that's a good thing. Similarly, on this board I focus on what I believe to be the "unethical polluting of future potential" with hoax TTers claiming we are heading for armageddon.

And the TTA respects that. I remember when I was the only one like you here 6 yrs ago, with JT being one of the first and most influential of the hoaxers. While others were encouraging him and believing his story, I fought his views and attempted to debunk him.

So again, with regard to this debate it would seem to me that you came in with a pretty strong "it is wrong" stance (when you consider other things you have written in the past) but now it seems you have conceded many of my points which may soften the "it is wrong" stance. Yet we both agree that "it can be used in a wrong way for bad purposes."

Well 6 yrs ago, and perhaps still today, the Ethic’s of Time Travel wasn’t much of a popular topic for TT discussion. I knew there was a middle ground back then though, that is why I was able to also state I wanted others to see both sides to what they were buying into.

One hallmark of a well-structured debate is having a CLEAR statement of the debate's premise when going into it. Given our last few discussions on spirituality, I do not (yet) see a clear premise about it that we would debate. That is why I would suggest you work on defining some sort of CLEAR premise that would kick-off a new debate. That way we both know what the primary issue (truth or falseness thereof) is that we would be debating.

Ok, I’ll give that some thought. Though I thought the premise was clear on this also being a spiritual advancement debate.

Until then,

TTA

Scannell,
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.

Your taunting is actually quite funny Scannell /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif. After all, you think I am JT and you’re so hard pressed about it too. This has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in years.

HOT DAM Brother

TTA

TTA,
Or perhaps it's gone exactly the way I thought it would. It could be that by establishing a common ground we can both agree on, the revelance of what I have said or will say, will continue to unfold and make my case in this debate.
That's fine. But I should again point out (which I have done above) that I am going to "call" you on any references to subjective, unproven phenomena in your attempts to make your case. We have called this a debate, and I think you will agree from the time-honored tradition of debates that when one resorts to using subjective, unproven statements they are on shakey ground. In essence, I would say if people are just going to throw unsubstantiated, subjective arguments at each other then it is no longer a debate, it is nothing more than a discussion.
If freewill is given to each of us, as it is said, and whether God is in control of our eventual end, is another thing. But when some force is introduced in-between and interferes with our freewill, that’s a crime against humanity.
And as with any alleged crime, our system of law tells us that we need evidence to show that said crime was committed. So this is where I will stop you and ask if you have objective evidence, such that a jury of 12 other people would be able to come to the same conclusion that you have? Why do you think your free will has been completely subjugated when I, OTOH, can not ever "see" a time from my past where such a thing has happened to me. And if it did happen to me, what objective evidence would I be able to use to know it was the same thing that happened to you?
Something’s in the background, the TTA along with countless others know this. Gears are being turned, motivating and influencing us without our consent; manifesting it’s self by strange phenomena that cannot be explained by science. Experiences that can only be experienced by the individual, coincidences that would be impossible to duplicate and numbers that cannot lie.
I find it interesting that here you are focusing on coincidences as meaning something important, but coincidences regarding you, your character, and the story of Group Titor are to be dismissed. So are you saying only "some" coincidences are to be attributed to a "Big Brother" who is manipulating you, while other coincidences mean nothing?
This is what the TTA is talking about. If it’s not God who is responsible for these things, then who is? The intentions to manipulate our actions and decisions, and be subject to do what their will draws us to do, is unethical. This we have previously agreed on.
No. I did NOT agree that it IS GOING ON. What I agreed to is that if TT technology was possible to be used in this manner, and if it was being used for "evil" purposes THEN it would be unethical.

I did not and never have agreed with you that it actually is going on right now. And this is why I ask for subjective evidence. As the "proponent" of the statements that you used as the basis of this debate, I must ask you for evidence of your claim before we go on. Or we cannot go on as a debate, but it would devolve to a conversation.
TT has got to play some role in this, the control and force it holds on people is not voiced enough. It has in the TTA.
You say this as if you are totally convinced (and you may well be) but at the same time you cannot provide objective evidence that TT *is* playing a role. And so, it is nothing more than your hunch. And this is also part of my point: UNTIL science can quantify exactly how TT manifests, and what IS and IS NOT possible by using this technology, we cannot be sure that you are not just having bad dreams because of your choice of peppers in your salsa. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I challenge anyone to experience what I have experienced, and tell me you would not have done and felt the same. Endure the feelings of having your will taken hostage; to do what others will you to do, is the main concern why the TTA feels that TT is unethical.
How so? Explain to us how you were in a situation where ALL CHOICE was taken from you. But most importantly, how can you objectify it so others can relate to what you are talking about... so we can examine our like measurements (senses).
Great, I’d like to see them. However, if you have any objection to posting them on here, I can certainly understand. I know you’ve expressed some concern for keeping the rights to your story, I can only imagine how you may feel concerning your unique concepts. Perhaps you can just give us a standard watered done synopsis, or a common theory already out there as a basis to defend the notion I brought forth, of TT & spiritual advancement.
Systems theory. The most advanced of which are the topics of time and frequency domain responses of any closed-loop system's dynamics. I could share it, but it would mean nothing to you unless you had the background. Yet anyone who can plan-out and mathematically program a budget (in Excel or MSMoney) has one tool of many for being able to actively create the future they want to achieve. Isn't it amazing that I can project out into the FUTURE what my bank balances will be one month from now, one year from now, and even into RETIREMENT? Yeah, not such a big deal, huh? Yet this is one of a great many tools (some more complex than others) that ANY person can use to "supercharge" their free will to achieve anything they wish.

I know this is going to sound corny... but it ain't rocket science! /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ok, sounds fair enough. Let us look at some examples. Anyone want to post a list of the most popular New Age beliefs, and what they believe and how they approach the future?
For example: Astrology… many of us know at least the Sun sign we were born under. I for one am an Aries, with a birthday from which many famous people have descended from. i.e. Buddha, William Wordsworth, Russell Crowe, Jackie Chan, and Jesus Christ also died on my DOB.
Now, do I believe that any of this has any significance in the way I am? No of course not.
Do the planets or Sun in a specific house this month, hold any power over my decisions and actions today?
Is there any science or math to attest that they do control our mood and behaviors, to the characteristic traits that they claim those born under exhibit?
VERRRRY Interesting! So here we see you apparantly dismissing certain New Age philosophies (specifically, astrology) because it may not have any science/math to attest to its validity. And yet this is exactly what I am pointing out to you about your claims of how TT has seemed to manifest to you... and how you felt totally controlled. Where is the science/math to attest to your experience as anything more than astrology? /ttiforum/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Question for you RMT: Do these scientific notions you have brought up, do they offer any leads to a great design and designer?
It appears you enjoy asking new, and more varied questions of me. However, you do not appear to be addressing the points I make to you about needing to back your subjective claims. The fact is we don't know how TT can be achieved, and thus we do not know the rules of what can and cannot be done. You think you already know this by your subjective experience. But that does not constitute backing for your claim in this debate.

So which is it? Is this still a debate, or have we devolved to a conversation?
The TTA knows that no matter what I have done in the past, the synchronizations and manifestation was a form of a consciousness leading me towards a current crossroad of an action or decision. Again, whether it was God or a poser, the damage has been dealt, and my freewill was disregarded. This again, is WRONG!
And what is the evidence for you claim of this crime, counselor? How do you prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt? There's something missing in you criminal case, counselor.
respectfully disagree, RMT. Since the premise was not just on human advancement, but also on spiritual advancement; the devolvement of TT, I am not sure if that was directly implied as the purpose for this debate. Therefore one may also take this debate as being a discussion on “where we went wrong” and what was (or will be) our downfall to cause TT in the first place.
Again: So is it a debate or a discussion? Because if it is a debate I think we have to adhere to a rule where your claims need to be supported with evidence, rather than conjecture.
Ok, I’ll give that some thought. Though I thought the premise was clear on this also being a spiritual advancement debate.
And I don't have a problem with that. But if it is indeed a debate, I think we cannot go off on unsubstantiated tangents. And a fundamental aspect of my rebuttal to you is that "we have no objective evidence that TT is currently possible, nor what scientific impacts it has on our physical universe."

That makes it difficult to debate both how ethics and spirituality relate to TT since we don't know the physical laws which will regulate TT (just like there are physical laws which regulate Force, Moment, Energy, and Information).

RMT

RMT,
That's fine. But I should again point out (which I have done above) that I am going to "call" you on any references to subjective, unproven phenomena in your attempts to make your case. We have called this a debate, and I think you will agree from the time-honored tradition of debates that when one resorts to using subjective, unproven statements they are on shakey ground. In essence, I would say if people are just going to throw unsubstantiated, subjective arguments at each other then it is no longer a debate, it is nothing more than a discussion.

Yes, however take a look at the subject we are debating. It’s a debate about whether Time Travel could be wrong for human/spiritual advancement. We can end it now based on the list of 4 points you made, making this a very limited debate:

1) We do not yet "know" enough about how TT may manifest to know what its impacts would be on the self or on the rest of the self's universe.
2) Without this knowledge, we are also uninformed about how the technology (however it may manifest) could be used in a beneficial way or in an "evil" way.
3) Because we lack this knowledge, the scientific method tells us it is "good" to investigate it and see what we might be capable of developing, for purposes of experimentation and acquiring the knowledge we lack in items 1 and 2.
4) Until we do this, and understand under what circumstance (if any) causality can be violated, and what the eventual impacts of doing so are, I do not think we can pass ethical judgement on the technology or its potential uses.

Or we can create a new one, that would look at the issues previously presented in the premise, and make it into a discussion.

I only went along with the debate idea, because that’s what you wanted to do. And it looks like we might have fulfilled that.

And as with any alleged crime, our system of law tells us that we need evidence to show that said crime was committed. So this is where I will stop you and ask if you have objective evidence, such that a jury of 12 other people would be able to come to the same conclusion that you have? Why do you think your free will has been completely subjugated when I, OTOH, can not ever "see" a time from my past where such a thing has happened to me. And if it did happen to me, what objective evidence would I be able to use to know it was the same thing that happened to you?

For you to objectively know anything anyone tells you what they are experiencing, you would have to experiences it along with them. So sure, let’s bring 12 or more people face-to-face with these other people, and let them see the overwhelming force of these phenomena’s control and judge for them selves what this is.

Or we can always administer MRI’s, EEG’s & EKG's, and see how this is happening, if it’s a temporal induced anomaly or if it’s an abnormal physiologic anomaly that's the cause.

I think a simple experiment would be, if you take a person with this condition of synchronization, disorient them & strip them of all electronics i.e. watches. And see over time how they are able to accurately point out to you that you would be looking at a double-digit number by asking you to verify by looking at your watch; or experiencing other manifestations (psychic visions, voices and know what your thinking), then this stops being a subjective experience, since others are now sharing in the experience.

I find it interesting that here you are focusing on coincidences as meaning something important, but coincidences regarding you, your character, and the story of Group Titor are to be dismissed. So are you saying only "some" coincidences are to be attributed to a "Big Brother" who is manipulating you, while other coincidences mean nothing?

Ok, good point RMT. However, the mere fact that the TTA has always spoken out about coincidences, and now that this notion is shared objectively by many who believe I am JT, wouldn’t this add credibility to what I have been saying about connections and coincidences all along?

It’s obvious I am not JT, though many could say, “there are more connections then misses.” But the TTA knows about coincidences too. Whether they were subjective once, now you too have shared in my coincidences, and can clearly see what I am referring to.
What can I do to prove whether any of them are real or not?

In the end, all you have is my word that they were beyond my control; I did not intent to make connections on purpose. And that again, is subjective in meaning.

Unless I prove to many of you through some verifiable way that I am not part of Group Titor, what would your response be to how I was able to pull off all those connections?

My answer would be:

I am the TTA, what do you think I been saying for the past 6 yrs? You are being controlled, and TT is at the heart of it. If that one connection can be made, how many more do you think the TTA is capable of making?

No. I did NOT agree that it IS GOING ON. What I agreed to is that if TT technology was possible to be used in this manner, and if it was being used for "evil" purposes THEN it would be unethical.

Actually RMT, I did not say this is what’s going on either, I said “IF” too.

This is what I was referring to when you agreed as well. I don’t believe I miss quoted you, I may have summarized it differently, but I believe it’s basically what we had agreed to.

I did not and never have agreed with you that it actually is going on right now. And this is why I ask for subjective evidence. As the "proponent" of the statements that you used as the basis of this debate, I must ask you for evidence of your claim before we go on. Or we cannot go on as a debate, but it would devolve to a conversation.

Again, I never said it was going on in the statement were I stated you agreed with me, I said “IF” (as in “IF” this were the case), then I stated that you agreed with me previously, when you said “IF” as well.

As for how the debate goes, it’s your call RMT, you wanted a debate with me. If you are satisfied now with the conclusion that Time Travel can be either used for “good” or “bad” we can have a conversation if you wish.

You say this as if you are totally convinced (and you may well be) but at the same time you cannot provide objective evidence that TT *is* playing a role. And so, it is nothing more than your hunch. And this is also part of my point: UNTIL science can quantify exactly how TT manifests, and what IS and IS NOT possible by using this technology, we cannot be sure that you are not just having bad dreams because of your choice of peppers in your salsa.

I have no problem under going testing to verify my experiences objectively. Perhaps this is a way to pave the way for science to look into paranormal experiences as something possible. This will also open doors to many NewAge concepts... unfortunately.

But showing the subjugation of an individual’s freewill by it, may be the only way to prove it and anything I say.

How so? Explain to us how you were in a situation where ALL CHOICE was taken from you. But most importantly, how can you objectify it so others can relate to what you are talking about... so we can examine our like measurements (senses).

How far back do you want me to go?

Recently, I can say that over the years of posting; my words have been taken and twisted to find a connection to JT. I believe that qualifies as objectification. Since I wrote and posted without considering the consequences half the time, now it looks like I followed right in place to fit into a JT link in the future.

I can go farther back if this does not satisfy you, please let me know.

Systems theory. The most advanced of which are the topics of time and frequency domain responses of any closed-loop system's dynamics. I could share it, but it would mean nothing to you unless you had the background. Yet anyone who can plan-out and mathematically program a budget (in Excel or MSMoney) has one tool of many for being able to actively create the future they want to achieve. Isn't it amazing that I can project out into the FUTURE what my bank balances will be one month from now, one year from now, and even into RETIREMENT? Yeah, not such a big deal, huh? Yet this is one of a great many tools (some more complex than others) that ANY person can use to "supercharge" their free will to achieve anything they wish.

Sounds like a system that uses algorithms to determine all this though.

As for freewill, yeah I thought that too. I mean, I posted for 3 yrs, and 3 yrs later, I look and see how many people in history here I matched up to, almost word per word. Freewill?

VERRRRY Interesting! So here we see you apparantly dismissing certain New Age philosophies (specifically, astrology) because it may not have any science/math to attest to its validity. And yet this is exactly what I am pointing out to you about your claims of how TT has seemed to manifest to you... and how you felt totally controlled. Where is the science/math to attest to your experience as anything more than astrology?

Good point again RMT, but please don’t get so frustrated. This is just posting.

I believe my original question was to show how these NewAge notions approach the future, nothing more. And personally, I was not about to admit to being wise enough to be in the Buddha’s shoes (did he even wear any?). That’s the extent to which I dismissed this NewAge belief. Whether Astrology has any influence to humanity, is simply the question I asked.

For verification to any of this, I believe many people who were born this month can read their horoscope, and let us know how right on it was.

As for the science/math to these experiences. I have no doubt it will all be summarized in this format, someday.

It appears you enjoy asking new, and more varied questions of me. However, you do not appear to be addressing the points I make to you about needing to back your subjective claims.

You know that subjective points are hard to prove, I thought I told you this? In fact, I believe you have them too.

However, you’ve only asked me more times in this post alone to prove my subjective claims, and so I am continuously attempting to do so as I answer you.

Obviously it may not be to your satisfaction, so if you wish to conclude this debate, and begin a discussion, I have no problem with that either.

The fact is we don't know how TT can be achieved, and thus we do not know the rules of what can and cannot be done. You think you already know this by your subjective experience. But that does not constitute backing for your claim in this debate.

So which is it? Is this still a debate, or have we devolved to a conversation?

I don’t need a doctor to tell me I have a burning sensation somewhere in my body, or if I have a headache. Just because no one but my self can feel this, doesn’t make it any less real. And once a diagnosis has been made by either tests or scans, this no longer becomes a debate on subjective claims, but on facts.

Let us begin now our conversation RMT.

And what is the evidence for you claim of this crime, counselor? How do you prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt? There's something missing in you criminal case, counselor.

By using the technology currently at our disposal to investigate the crime scene, and look for clues.

We have the victim already make a positive ID on the perpetrator, now we just need to gather the evidence.

But since synchronizations and other manifestations do not occur naturally. The barrier between science and the unexplained become the challenge to bringing these conditions to a testable realm for examination.

Again: So is it a debate or a discussion? Because if it is a debate I think we have to adhere to a rule where your claims need to be supported with evidence, rather than conjecture.

This is what you agreed to RMT, you knew the premise, and began posting knowing it. And even prior, you knew the hand I would be using to debate you with. No matter, we can begin a discussion, that is if you’re still up to it.

And I don't have a problem with that. But if it is indeed a debate, I think we cannot go off on unsubstantiated tangents. And a fundamental aspect of my rebuttal to you is that "we have no objective evidence that TT is currently possible, nor what scientific impacts it has on our physical universe."

Testing for objective answers is not impossible for a debate. But since there is no current study to look at, this debate is perhaps still decades before it’s time.

That makes it difficult to debate both how ethics and spirituality relate to TT since we don't know the physical laws which will regulate TT (just like there are physical laws which regulate Force, Moment, Energy, and Information).

Point taken. I know this is a difficult debate to prove objectively, and especially for someone who needs to have objective data. I commend you for your patience thus far.

TTA

TTA,
Yes, however take a look at the subject we are debating. It’s a debate about whether Time Travel could be wrong for human/spiritual advancement. We can end it now based on the list of 4 points you made, making this a very limited debate
You seem to have changed the premise of the debate along the way. Yes, I think it is time we review the premise of the debate that you put forward, and where we have been with addressing these statements:
This debate will be on the TTA’s premise that:
In reply to:
1) Time Travel’s impact on Spiritual & Human advancement, go hand-in-hand.

2) And that by use of Time Travel to obtain that advancement, is by an unethical means.
I have added the numbers to make it easy to reference them in the following:

I believe I have established that #1 is not unique to time travel, and that it likely applies to virtually any technology advancement. The example I gave was the Amish, and one can see how the development of several technologies (motors, telephones, etc.) impacted both their spiritual and human advancement. Recall from the rules of logic that I only need to cite one example to show that your alleged uniqueness of time travel is untrue. Furthermore, we cannot know if it DOES have a greater impact until we have quantified how TT can be possible within a universe that obeys certain scientific relationsips.

The phrasing for premise #2 implies a global assertion. IOW, it implies that this is ALWAYS true. You did not use the words "could be by unethical means." So as in any debate, I was addressing your premise, as stated, not a modified premise. You have agreed (and I assume modified your premise along the way) that use of TT may not ALWAYS be unethical, and therefore if there are cases where TT can be used ethically, one could find scenarios where it could possibly be used ethically for both spiritual and human advancement. Furthermore, again I must point out that you have no hope of properly establishing objective support for these statements unless and until you can point to quantified laws for how TT can, and cannot, be used. Just like Newton's law of F=ma restricts what we can do with bodies and forces, there will no doubt be limits on how TT can be used.

Based on the above explanation for the premises you laid out, and how I addressed them, then I believe either the debate is over, or you are trying to change the premises. If the latter is the case then certainly the original debtate is over because you have not been able to support these premises as they were originally stated.

Or we can create a new one, that would look at the issues previously presented in the premise, and make it into a discussion.
I only went along with the debate idea, because that’s what you wanted to do. And it looks like we might have fulfilled that.
I suggested a formal debate because this has long been a valid format for people to engage each other in discussions of what can be validated as true, and what is mere propaganda and unsubstantiated information. As such, I hope you would agree that a debate does rely on being able to substantiate ones claims. We can start another thread if you like, and discuss under any rules you wish. However, you should know me well enough by now that I am not going to give you a "free pass" to use your subjective beliefs as some sort of "evidence" that TT is being used on you to subjugate your will. As I have pointed out, and you have not addressed, the "diagnosis" for what you have experienced could have one of many other explanations. You have simply fixed it in your mind that you "know" it was TT being used against you. That is a subjective belief, not an objective fact. Just like I could claim a subjective belief that aliens come and party with me every Friday night at my house (they are really lousy pool players). /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For you to objectively know anything anyone tells you what they are experiencing, you would have to experiences it along with them.
No, I am afraid science adheres to a much higher standard than this, TTA. Again I use the alien example with respect to UFOs: If several (untrained) people observed what they THOUGHT were UFOs in the night sky over Phoenix, they certainly all experienced the same thing. They could even convince themselves that they are CERTAIN they saw real UFOs. Just because they convince themselves that this is what they experienced does not mean this is what actually happened. An interesting side note: I happened to be in the Phoenix area on the evening I refer to (and I am sure many folks who listen to C2CAM know what I am referring to). As it happens, I was doing some aircraft flight testings at Williams Air Force Base that is in Mesa, not far at all from where the pattern of descending lights was seen. We were in the air at the time, and our flight crew pointed out the lights. We knew they were flares dropped from military aircraft just because we are all trained aviation observers. When we looked at our computer navigation display in the cockpit we saw the aircraft that had dropped these flares on our air traffic display, and they were headed back to their home base at the Yuma Marine Corps Air Station.

Or we can always administer MRI’s, EEG’s & EKG's, and see how this is happening, if it’s a temporal induced anomaly or if it’s an abnormal physiologic anomaly that's the cause.
OK, so you are admitting you do not have evidence to support your claim right now. Fine. And you are even saying "we can collect data in an attempt to show it". Who gets to interpret that data in an effort to define what is going on? TTA? Or perhaps specialists in neurobiology? Just because we collect data does not mean your conclusion as to what is going on will be proven. We need a scientific/mathematical theory that we can use to quantify the data AND possibly test predictions. Not only would we need a quantified theory/model for how YOU think TT manifests in order to correlate the data, but we would also have to permit other, valid theories/models which also have a chance to explain what the data is telling us.
I think a simple experiment would be, if you take a person with this condition of synchronization, disorient them & strip them of all electronics i.e. watches. And see over time how they are able to accurately point out to you that you would be looking at a double-digit number by asking you to verify by looking at your watch; or experiencing other manifestations (psychic visions, voices and know what your thinking), then this stops being a subjective experience, since others are now sharing in the experience.
It may be a simple experiment, but even a simple experiment has to be RIGOROUSLY laid out in terms of reference, and what specific things you are testing in the experiment (and holding constant in the control group). Your second sentence in the above quote is VERY subjective as to what SPECIFIC data you are trying to collect. That would have to be seriously nailed-down.
In reply to:
Ok, good point RMT. However, the mere fact that the TTA has always spoken out about coincidences, and now that this notion is shared objectively by many who believe I am JT, wouldn’t this add credibility to what I have been saying about connections and coincidences all along?
I asked you a question, yet you didn't answer it but instead asked a question of me. I think if you answer my original question, you may have part of the answer to the question you posed to me. i.e. if coincidences are a "sign" (and I am one who believes they are signs of something, perhaps not what you think they are signs of) then we must view all coincidences for the data they could deliver to us... and just becuase TTA dismisses some signs does not mean they are not relevant.
It’s obvious I am not JT
In your mind this may be true. Yet in the minds of others (God knows how many) we can at least say that there is no hard-fast objective evidence that either positively indicts you nor positively clears you on this issue. Yet there are an awful lot of coincidences... especially as they relate to your love of double-digits.
Unless I prove to many of you through some verifiable way that I am not part of Group Titor, what would your response be to how I was able to pull off all those connections?
Another scientific fallacy: You cannot prove a negative. Unfalsifiability and plausible deniability have large parts to play in the whole Titor thing, and these would be perfect tools for a Group Titor to rely upon. But before we go too far astray from this thread's topic, all of this is unfounded data... including "coincidences". So either we agree to use ALL coincidences or we agree they all mean nothing. Can't have it both ways.
I am the TTA, what do you think I been saying for the past 6 yrs? You are being controlled, and TT is at the heart of it. If that one connection can be made, how many more do you think the TTA is capable of making?
Opinion. You have NOT "made that connection" anywhere but in your own mind. I see a lot of energy expended by the TTA (both here/now as well as here/then) to try to convince people of what you believe. But I just don't see much objective evidence (or anything that aligns with "good science") to support your opinions.
Actually RMT, I did not say this is what’s going on either, I said “IF” too.
This is what I was referring to when you agreed as well. I don’t believe I miss quoted you, I may have summarized it differently, but I believe it’s basically what we had agreed to.
OK, but then we have the kind of statement you made above in my previous quote. Sure does sound like you are convinced it IS going on... and I keep coming back to this... but THIS is the premise you laid out and claimed you were going to show (in the form of a debate).
As for how the debate goes, it’s your call RMT, you wanted a debate with me. If you are satisfied now with the conclusion that Time Travel can be either used for “good” or “bad” we can have a conversation if you wish.
I am satisfied that you have not been able to support your original statements, at least as far as they imply that it is always unethical to use TT for human or spiritual advancement. In that regard, it seems you have conceded you cannot show this to be true.
But showing the subjugation of an individual’s freewill by it, may be the only way to prove it and anything I say.
I'd suggest you start familiarizing yourself with science and scientific method, as you will need it to define an airtight experimental design if you ever hope to show this... and I think it is questionable that you could show this (my opinion).
Since I wrote and posted without considering the consequences half the time, now it looks like I followed right in place to fit into a JT link in the future.
Question: Were your FORICBLY prevented from considering the consequences? Or were you simply careless in your posting and not considering what may be pieced together in your then-future? One reason I continue these discussions is because I believe that trying to get people to believe that their free will can be TOTALLY subjugated is a dangerous idea in and of itself... it provides an all-too-convenient reason for irresponsible people to avoid taking responsibilities for their actions, and the consequences that come along with them. There is already WAY too much of that in our world today, thanks, I don't need any more "poor me's".
Sounds like a system that uses algorithms to determine all this though.
ALL systems use algorithms... it is merely a question of how those algorithms are implemented. DNA and RNA, of course, implement algorithms. There is a thead I started here on the system domains of Operational, Functional, and Physical and how these three "dimensions of information" are the ones we use when designing a system...any system. It is an expansive subject, but rest assured it is a science... one I practice and teach. You also might be interested to know that the Operational domain of information is the one that is directly linked to both TIME and FREQUENCY effects in any system.
Good point again RMT, but please don’t get so frustrated. This is just posting.
Who's frustrated? I am simply pointing out one area where the TTA is duplicitous in his nature. /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif Why do you need to project frustration on me? Defense mechanism?
I believe my original question was to show how these NewAge notions approach the future, nothing more.
That's fine, but my larger point in revealing the duplicity relates to how the TTA has often been noted to issue disparaging remarks about "New Age" (again, this is a tenuous umbrella term) philosophies. Here, in this thread, you seem to have done this again with the point that currently there is no science/math to back them. And I am only asking you to adhere to this same standard in your claims. That is all.
As for the science/math to these experiences. I have no doubt it will all be summarized in this format, someday.
But as of today, it is not. So are "New Age" philosophies always "bad" in your opinion, or could they also have some "good" uses and purposes?
Obviously it may not be to your satisfaction, so if you wish to conclude this debate, and begin a discussion, I have no problem with that either.
Yes, I think this debate has gone as far as it can.
We have the victim already make a positive ID on the perpetrator
We have??? So who is the perp who did all this to you, TTA?
But since synchronizations and other manifestations do not occur naturally.
Are you sure of this? Be careful, because this would again lead you down a path of trying to prove a negative. I think there are many who would claim that synchronizations (and "other" manifestions?) CAN occur naturally. This would also depend upon a deep definition of "natural".
Point taken. I know this is a difficult debate to prove objectively, and especially for someone who needs to have objective data. I commend you for your patience thus far.
Thanks. But I must tell you that even in a discussion, I will continue to point out that time-honored statement from systems engineering about what we know and do not know:

"You don't know what you don't know. And not knowing what you don't know is a serious impediment to you knowing whether what you are doing is 'right'."

This will always entangle us in any discussion of both IF and HOW TT might be used for "evil" or for "good". If you ask me, this debate/discussion will always be ahead of its Time until we have equations (similar to Newton's and Einstein's) which tell us what is and is not possible with regard to TT.

RMT

You seem to have changed the premise of the debate along the way. Yes, I think it is time we review the premise of the debate that you put forward, and where we have been with addressing these statements:

I changed the premise along the way? Yes, let's review how I did.

I believe I have established that #1 is not unique to time travel, and that it likely applies to virtually any technology advancement. The example I gave was the Amish, and one can see how the development of several technologies (motors, telephones, etc.) impacted both their spiritual and human advancement. Recall from the rules of logic that I only need to cite one example to show that your alleged uniqueness of time travel is untrue. Furthermore, we cannot know if it DOES have a greater impact until we have quantified how TT can be possible within a universe that obeys certain scientific relationsips.

Yes, how appropriate. Though the premise did not change from this point on. And at best, the example you put forth was a generalization of the TTA’s arguments in comparison to the Amish’s stance on technology. Which was also shown to be false.

The technology and the advancement was specific, the relevance to New Age doctrines vs. that of standard traditional beliefs was to be made. The TTA even went as far as to let you know what my approach to this debate would be.

As for the unknown quantified impact, and how we could not go further in answering the debate in logical terms; if you knew this before hand and understood it’s limits to answer more questions then there would be, why was a debate even considered with the TTA vs. just a discussion?

The phrasing for premise #2 implies a global assertion. IOW, it implies that this is ALWAYS true. You did not use the words "could be by unethical means." So as in any debate, I was addressing your premise, as stated, not a modified premise. You have agreed (and I assume modified your premise along the way) that use of TT may not ALWAYS be unethical, and therefore if there are cases where TT can be used ethically, one could find scenarios where it could possibly be used ethically for both spiritual and human advancement. Furthermore, again I must point out that you have no hope of properly establishing objective support for these statements unless and until you can point to quantified laws for how TT can, and cannot, be used. Just like Newton's law of F=ma restricts what we can do with bodies and forces, there will no doubt be limits on how TT can be used.

So this debate was a waste of time RMT. Really, you’ve asserted nothing new, but the obvious limits to seeing ethics in TT thus far.

Yes, you assume, but the premise was never modified along the way; you however adding an exaggerated interpretation & meaning to it not otherwise intended or reiterated by the TTA is the only change. If you wanted specifics and therefore made your own interpretation as result of not having any, you could have just asked.

The factor we both could agree on was on the “good” & “bad” uses of the technology. I believe the scenario was specific but limited to only this.

Based on the above explanation for the premises you laid out, and how I addressed them, then I believe either the debate is over, or you are trying to change the premises. If the latter is the case then certainly the original debtate is over because you have not been able to support these premises as they were originally stated.

I am not trying to change anything RMT. Really, if anyone here is showing any effort regarding the interpretation of the premise is you. I merely wanted to continue on the spiritual advancement aspect of the premise and look at this comprehensively. But as we have seen, according to the logical terms, it’s just not easily quantifiable.

I suggested a formal debate because this has long been a valid format for people to engage each other in discussions of what can be validated as true, and what is mere propaganda and unsubstantiated information.

Yes, but this place is only an Institute by name, not an actual university or place to have a formal debate. And as I have stated to you, that the TTA is not a scientifically based individual. Most of the time, one can’t expect to have a formal debate with the common lay-man who doesn’t know the rules of following a formal debate. You’re an engineer for goodness sakes, and I believe you do your job right, so it’s probably only a given that you’d be quite good at logical debates.

But for everything else, there’s discussions, meetings, PTA’s. Not everything needs a formal format for discussion. And not every discussion needs to be taken to an extreme by experts. I believe some people reading over the posts of the TTI right now, may have ideas of their own that they wish to express, but may be intimidate if the forum is full of sharks, who are waiting for fresh meat to tear apart.

This approach strikes me as very inhuman and radical. But we may disagree on this as well.

As such, I hope you would agree that a debate does rely on being able to substantiate ones claims. We can start another thread if you like, and discuss under any rules you wish. However, you should know me well enough by now that I am not going to give you a "free pass" to use your subjective beliefs as some sort of "evidence" that TT is being used on you to subjugate your will.

So how different will this new thread be again from this debate, I missed your point.

As I have pointed out, and you have not addressed, the "diagnosis" for what you have experienced could have one of many other explanations. You have simply fixed it in your mind that you "know" it was TT being used against you. That is a subjective belief, not an objective fact. Just like I could claim a subjective belief that aliens come and party with me every Friday night at my house (they are really lousy pool players).

What comes out of this belief if they do come over to play pool with you? Possibly nothing? However, experiences with actual real manifestation that can be seen and tested, if some are willing to investigate and examine them is another.

No, I am afraid science adheres to a much higher standard than this, TTA. Again I use the alien example with respect to UFOs: If several (untrained) people observed what they THOUGHT were UFOs in the night sky over Phoenix, they certainly all experienced the same thing. They could even convince themselves that they are CERTAIN they saw real UFOs. Just because they convince themselves that this is what they experienced does not mean this is what actually happened. An interesting side note: I happened to be in the Phoenix area on the evening I refer to (and I am sure many folks who listen to C2CAM know what I am referring to). As it happens, I was doing some aircraft flight testings at Williams Air Force Base that is in Mesa, not far at all from where the pattern of descending lights was seen. We were in the air at the time, and our flight crew pointed out the lights. We knew they were flares dropped from military aircraft just because we are all trained aviation observers. When we looked at our computer navigation display in the cockpit we saw the aircraft that had dropped these flares on our air traffic display, and they were headed back to their home base at the Yuma Marine Corps Air Station.

Your describing something that can easily be misconstrued over a large distance during vs. what I am suggesting is actual face-to-face examination. Please use a different example.

OK, so you are admitting you do not have evidence to support your claim right now.

I believe that’s what I have always stated.

Fine. And you are even saying "we can collect data in an attempt to show it". Who gets to interpret that data in an effort to define what is going on? TTA? Or perhaps specialists in neurobiology?

Anyone and everyone. No bias.

Just because we collect data does not mean your conclusion as to what is going on will be proven. We need a scientific/mathematical theory that we can use to quantify the data AND possibly test predictions. Not only would we need a quantified theory/model for how YOU think TT manifests in order to correlate the data, but we would also have to permit other, valid theories/models which also have a chance to explain what the data is telling us.

Ok, let’s do this.

It may be a simple experiment, but even a simple experiment has to be RIGOROUSLY laid out in terms of reference, and what specific things you are testing in the experiment (and holding constant in the control group). Your second sentence in the above quote is VERY subjective as to what SPECIFIC data you are trying to collect. That would have to be seriously nailed-down.

Then it’s not a simple experiment after all. You can always upgrade to anything you wish, if given the choice. But if your only option is a small soft drink, will you still demand to have large?

If you do a simple experiment consisting of just a small group, you can vary it as many times as you’d like, attempt trial and errors tests and control tests.

As for specifics, confirming the double-digit numbers, psychic visions & voices is a sign to this manifestation, so it kind of goes without saying.

I asked you a question, yet you didn't answer it but instead asked a question of me. I think if you answer my original question, you may have part of the answer to the question you posed to me. i.e. if coincidences are a "sign" (and I am one who believes they are signs of something, perhaps not what you think they are signs of) then we must view all coincidences for the data they could deliver to us... and just becuase TTA dismisses some signs does not mean they are not relevant.

The TTA asked you a question that answered your question, confirming it in an obvious manner. If my only option was to get a small soft drink and I knew it, and you asked me anyway's and I said; “what size do you think I want?” What do you think the obvious answer would be?

Yes, your suggestion works in reverse too, but refusing the obvious example first posed to you by the TTA in a question is simply more convenient, and much easier to follow then the one you engineered.

In your mind this may be true. Yet in the minds of others (God knows how many) we can at least say that there is no hard-fast objective evidence that either positively indicts you nor positively clears you on this issue. Yet there are an awful lot of coincidences... especially as they relate to your love of double-digits.

Well according to the consensus, there are only a few who believe in this connection.

Another scientific fallacy: You cannot prove a negative. Unfalsifiability and plausible deniability have large parts to play in the whole Titor thing, and these would be perfect tools for a Group Titor to rely upon. But before we go too far astray from this thread's topic, all of this is unfounded data... including "coincidences". So either we agree to use ALL coincidences or we agree they all mean nothing. Can't have it both ways.

Who said I would be using denials as a means to prove it. I have no problem with showing all coincidences; I merely stated that I can prove one of them objectively. How this goes with not being able to “unfalsifiability” show anything, I disagree. I can easily drive over to any one’s home within a 50 mile radius and prove that I cannot be Titor. What then? What do you say about that RMT?

Opinion. You have NOT "made that connection" anywhere but in your own mind. I see a lot of energy expended by the TTA (both here/now as well as here/then) to try to convince people of what you believe. But I just don't see much objective evidence (or anything that aligns with "good science") to support your opinions.

Yes, it is your opinion RMT. But again, I never said it was only me who believed this and is expriencing these manifestations. Others are also experiencing this, and know in their heart what is going on, they don't need me to tell them how this has impacted their lives.

However, if anyone is attempting to prove to anyone anything what they believe, it’s you RMT. They can plainly tell you that they are not part of Group Titor again and again, and you can keep on insisting in a harassing "scientific" manner that they are.

I’ll tell you what I told Scannell the other day, “leave them po’ people alone.”

OK, but then we have the kind of statement you made above in my previous quote. Sure does sound like you are convinced it IS going on... and I keep coming back to this... but THIS is the premise you laid out and claimed you were going to show (in the form of a debate).

It truly is difficult for you to accept blame for misquoting me (again) isn’t it RMT? After all, I would apologize to you, if I did /ttiforum/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I am satisfied that you have not been able to support your original statements, at least as far as they imply that it is always unethical to use TT for human or spiritual advancement. In that regard, it seems you have conceded you cannot show this to be true.

RMT, I was trying to be courteous and end the debate on that and on some friendly terms between us. But you continuously want to rub it in my face that I have not been able to prove my original statements. Obviously, they are subjective, I told you this. You also knew this before it even started. Really, you have no one further to convince of this. There is no need to continue to be so brash.

I'd suggest you start familiarizing yourself with science and scientific method, as you will need it to define an airtight experimental design if you ever hope to show this... and I think it is questionable that you could show this (my opinion).

Ouch. Though, I’m still being nice to you RMT, I will not be for long if you continue this subtle disrespect of the TTA.

Question: Were your FORICBLY prevented from considering the consequences? Or were you simply careless in your posting and not considering what may be pieced together in your then-future?

I believe you mean, question(s) the pleural. There’s more then one.

1. No.
2. Yes.

Personally, I only offered 1 example. Showing that regardless of my “freewill” and lack of restraints that I had, I was able to come to multiple connections in the future. That’s all.

One reason I continue these discussions is because I believe that trying to get people to believe that their free will can be TOTALLY subjugated is a dangerous idea in and of itself... it provides an all-too-convenient reason for irresponsible people to avoid taking responsibilities for their actions, and the consequences that come along with them. There is already WAY too much of that in our world today, thanks, I don't need any more "poor me's".

And this would not settle the argument that this cannot be the case either. As long as there is much unknown in the universe, so will the answers be.

ALL systems use algorithms... it is merely a question of how those algorithms are implemented. DNA and RNA, of course, implement algorithms. There is a thead I started here on the system domains of Operational, Functional, and Physical and how these three "dimensions of information" are the ones we use when designing a system...any system. It is an expansive subject, but rest assured it is a science... one I practice and teach. You also might be interested to know that the Operational domain of information is the one that is directly linked to both TIME and FREQUENCY effects in any system.

Great, I look forward to reading it. Also, I hope you offer exit course surveys to your students. Might be a good measure for self improvement.

Who's frustrated? I am simply pointing out one area where the TTA is duplicitous in his nature. Why do you need to project frustration on me? Defense mechanism?

Your asking me who’s frustrated? I don’t know, maybe it was the emoticon and the statement that preceded it that gave it away. But like I stated before, anyone can go back and read the posts and determine the quality of our characters.

That's fine, but my larger point in revealing the duplicity relates to how the TTA has often been noted to issue disparaging remarks about "New Age" (again, this is a tenuous umbrella term) philosophies. Here, in this thread, you seem to have done this again with the point that currently there is no science/math to back them. And I am only asking you to adhere to this same standard in your claims. That is all.

So you agree or disagree that New Agisms don’t offer math? I acknowledged Chaos Math for example, and stated that I own the movie PI, didn’t I?

As for stating disparaging remarks about New Agisms, I believe you stated you knew the types I was referring to.

Furthermore, adhering to the same standards in my claims? My claims are not following any New Agisms, but opposed to them for this very purpose for freewill subjugation. My agenda has always been about humanity and allowing them to see the possible pit falls and where we could go wrong by these means of unification that they preach. This will not justify their actions in the past. That’s all I’m saying!

But as of today, it is not. So are "New Age" philosophies always "bad" in your opinion, or could they also have some "good" uses and purposes?

Again RMT, as I stated earlier:
Since we are showing the cards each of us will be playing with, I concur. The good and bad of the technology will be the main focus for this debate. However, my angle will not so much be on the “doom & gloom” of the future that you may be accustomed to debating & debunking with others. But more on a system of unity, and justifications for spiritual salvation, and it's ramifications on the soul by use of this technology.

This technology is not limited to TT, but to New Agisms as well. Can anything good come out of it? Well LRH tech can be good in small quantities, but some of it’s policies and practices, not always good. Wouldn’t you agree?

This is the distinction the TTA wanted to make about New Agisms, that they could have the potential to disregard the human component, for the sake of addressing their end results. i.e. greater consciousness & awareness attainment, spiritual enlightenment. That’s all fine and dandy, but their policy on how to deal with the rest of humanity that doesn’t quite share in their approach, is unacceptable to a minority (in comparison to the future’s culture). And their attempts to subjugate mankind to follow in place to find their patterns of truth to spiritual discovery, is not by our choice, but by their time table.

This again, is the concern the TTA has regarding TT, New Agisms & Alien abductions. It’s exploitation and manipulation of a race that should have every right to choice regarding their own future, not to be assisted or coerced by others through these means.

You stated your self; you don’t like other shoving their beliefs down your throat.

And for the record, the TTA is not either, but offering a 2nd view, an alternative to an approach that will eventually offer no way out, or at least a difficult severing.

Are you sure of this? Be careful, because this would again lead you down a path of trying to prove a negative. I think there are many who would claim that synchronizations (and "other" manifestions?) CAN occur naturally. This would also depend upon a deep definition of "natural".

Well like everything else you have pointed out about the TTA, it’s subjective. Whether it’s later discovered in the future that I was right on with at least 60% of what I have said, that’s pretty darn good.

Thanks. But I must tell you that even in a discussion, I will continue to point out that time-honored statement from systems engineering about what we know and do not know:

"You don't know what you don't know. And not knowing what you don't know is a serious impediment to you knowing whether what you are doing is 'right'."

This will always entangle us in any discussion of both IF and HOW TT might be used for "evil" or for "good". If you ask me, this debate/discussion will always be ahead of its Time until we have equations (similar to Newton's and Einstein's) which tell us what is and is not possible with regard to TT.

With that said, I agree and believe this concludes the debate.

And since the TTA stated that this would be my last thread, and since I see no further reason to continue in a discussion given that we can both go on like this for as long as it takes, I see no reason to even go on with the discussion.

One can later look back on this thread and see that this idea was attempted to be debated and discussed. And if New Agisms truly offer any threat against humanity and open a gateway to TT someday as the TTA believes it will, I suppose this debate can then continue on with our ascendants to offer scientific evidence and mathematical models in discussion and debate.

At this time, I would appreciate if some of you could please take the TTA’s exist survey.

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.timetravelinstitute.com/ttiforum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1148853842TTA_01">

Would you like to see the TTA stay on the TTI forum and continue to post?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes - I would like to have the TTA remain and offer his unique insights on TT and other subjects.
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Alternative Yes - I'd like to see the old Classic TTA post again.
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Maybe - I don’t mind, as long as he can remain civil.
<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />No - I do not want the TTA to stay, he should remain banned, his past behavior is unforgivable.
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Thank-you,

TTA

Well,

It looks like Rainman has shown that your "material" is as subjective and irrevelant now as it was back when. What is really surprising to me is how close you have shown yourself to be to Creedo's claims on abduction and the "voices" he hears. Your views on the double-digits are about as new age as it gets. You have a very selective value system and, to me, you are a very "queer" duck. I see absolutely no change in you (contrary to your claims). You are still attacking people in rude ways, yet you say you have mellowed out. I could almost see you licking your chops, thinking that you had weaseled your way back on TTI. It didn't take long to show your colors.

Since you claim that you are "exiting", I don't really expect a retort to this little statement. If there is anyone who would appeal to the "weaker minds" here, it is you who have the intent to do so. Just in the short time you have been here, I have seen more proxy IP addresses than all year, and I am more than just a little suspicious (Annie?) that you are trying to weave a few deeper levels of deceit. You had your chance Javier and you blew it big time. Any further attempt will only make the hole you are digging even deeper. This is not to say that you are not clever. Serial rapists and murderers are clever too. So are pedophiles. From the beginning I have sensed something "evil" about your actions, and you have said and done nothing to dissuade my original conclusions about you. I am not alone in this. Take the lesson that the Apostle Paul had to learn the hard way. Stop "kicking against the pricks". Rainman is one of the most patient people I have ever known and he went the extra mile to "prick" your understanding and conscience. You reacted in your typical negative way. Unfortunately, this is not years ago--this is now--and everything has changed. You've shown that you cannot change--even though you said that you have. I don't think you have any question as to how I voted in your little poll. Don't let the door kick you in the ... on the way out.