A Chat Room

Nordin Reecendo

Temporal Novice
Hey, one way I feel this site could improve is if there were some sort of BBS or chat room were people could access a discussion immediately rather than post a thread and wait for responses. If the site already has a chat room and I merely don't see it, I apologize, and would appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

A chat room may be an interesting feature.

This site is pretty active though, so you shouldn't have to wait that long for responses when posting a new thread or asking a question.

The disadvantage of a chatroom is that if a good concept or idea comes up there is no record of it to go back to and check like you can on a posted thread.

I would like to see a chat room, but there is a problem from my side.... Time.

For you guys, we are talking across time zones! brilliant. But unfortunately, it is not a trans-dimensional time zone, but a transatlantic one.... I am going home to bed when you guys wake up.... and am going to work when you guys go to bed...... :(

Posting does mean that time is irrelevant. (Not sure if I can say that last bit here :D )

You in England Phil? Me too. Although I work a late shift so I do sometimes overlap when the chaps here are online.

True, there is the issue of the time differences seperating us. I still feel as if it might be something worth looking into, as it could bring forth, as I stated before, much quicker responses. It would also help with some people who are only able to spend so little time on the forum before having to log off. Conversations and debates are often better when you can respond to a comment when it's still relevant and you can talk to others nearly instantly.

True, there is the issue of the time differences seperating us. I still feel as if it might be something worth looking into, as it could bring forth, as I stated before, much quicker responses. It would also help with some people who are only able to spend so little time on the forum before having to log off. Conversations and debates are often better when you can respond to a comment when it's still relevant and you can talk to others nearly instantly.
You can make your own site. There aren't many competitors in the time travel forum and chat site region today.