Changing the way we think of time travel

LilLdyBg

Temporal Novice
What if all along we've been thinking about time travel in the wrong sense... I've been pondering lately about the possibility that there isn't a written future. We have to live in the present and create our future... it's not already just sitting there with massive amounts of new technology and people living their lives, because just like everyday, we wake up and that's fantastic in it's own, you may not even wake up tomorrow, you may not make it through today. Why are so many people chasing and attempting to reach the future? and by jumping to the future you wouldn't be able to determine the present. you would just skip all that's in between... In essence it seems to me that you would just be slowing time for yourself not really speeding it up... there's a better way to word that but I'm typing in a hurry before work. What if everyone who chases after the thought of future time travel is really being sent on an in general wild goose chase to assist people of power to find, I hate to say it, it's just an idea.... maybe this is the never ending chase for immortality...

I really and truly believe that with the technology that we have we should have some possible way to get a message back to the past.

Greetings, LilLdyBg.

I initially came here looking for scientific explanations of supernatural experiences and, thereby, acquired a leaning toward off-the-wall discussions.

The present is a gift. In God alone do I hope to be immortal. May He "deliver us from evil."

0:) MGby.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if all along we've been thinking about time travel in the wrong sense... I've been pondering lately about the possibility that there isn't a written future. We have to live in the present and create our future... it's not already just sitting there with massive amounts of new technology and people living their lives, because just like everyday, we wake up and that's fantastic in it's own, you may not even wake up tomorrow, you may not make it through today. Why are so many people chasing and attempting to reach the future? and by jumping to the future you wouldn't be able to determine the present. you would just skip all that's in between... In essence it seems to me that you would just be slowing time for yourself not really speeding it up... there's a better way to word that but I'm typing in a hurry before work. What if everyone who chases after the thought of future time travel is really being sent on an in general wild goose chase to assist people of power to find, I hate to say it, it's just an idea.... maybe this is the never ending chase for immortality... I really and truly believe that with the technology that we have we should have some possible way to get a message back to the past.
We are always time traveling, I am posting this 9 hours in the future after you posted that. We can time travel at a different rate relative to someone else, like if I traveled at the speed of light or went next to a black hole. You mean instantly traveling to the future to a date like 2062?

I dont think time travel to the future is possible ...unless you have travelled back in time first and stayed there long enough to let your own real present  develop into a future that you didnt experience during your time in the past,,, then when you return to your relative "real time " present, it is realatively "future" to yourself as the traveller from the past ....

Unfortunately, You will never find any scientific explanation for human supernatural ability. You pick up wrong data, needs to go to 2100 probably.

And when I talk about traveling to the past I don't mean take your person and consciousness and move it to a point in the past, I think you wouldn't remember the travel, or the future that you created you would just exist as the person you traveled back to at that time... I believe it would work more like you travel back to a point and it's as if you are waking up from a dream... And the life you live from then on would be your present/leading up to your future which you create by living your present... Which is a part of what I think de ja vu is... Now it's a matter of figuring out how to get to the past, also something I think that is more simple than what we think of it as being...

And why there's no one walking around admitting to be time travelers is bc they don't remember they did, and don't know how they did.

So if we were to succeed at our task we would never know that we had.

Which makes it difficult to even trouble shoot and find a way to travel back...

And if you don't investigate it and attempt to do it then there's no way you'll travel back anyway, unless freak accident but again you wouldn't even know.

Sorry for the ramblings, I've been toying with this idea in my mind for a bit now...

And when I talk about traveling to the past I don't mean take your person and consciousness and move it to a point in the past, I think you wouldn't remember the travel, or the future that you created you would just exist as the person you traveled back to at that time... I believe it would work more like you travel back to a point and it's as if you are waking up from a dream... And the life you live from then on would be your present/leading up to your future which you create by living your present... Which is a part of what I think de ja vu is... Now it's a matter of figuring out how to get to the past, also something I think that is more simple than what we think of it as being...And why there's no one walking around admitting to be time travelers is bc they don't remember they did, and don't know how they did.
So if we were to succeed at our task we would never know that we had.

Which makes it difficult to even trouble shoot and find a way to travel back...

And if you don't investigate it and attempt to do it then there's no way you'll travel back anyway, unless freak accident but again you wouldn't even know.

Sorry for the ramblings, I've been toying with this idea in my mind for a bit now...
Conceded my view of the multiverse isn’t that of the many worlds interpretation (MWI), because I believe personal choice effected by Divine Will in ways profound, your theory, too, is similar to the latter. However, in my case, I have found temporal incongruities too amazing to do anything but ponder them. That, again, is consistent with my seeking meaning for belief in purposefulness.
0:) MGby.

Unfortunately, You will never find any scientific explanation for human supernatural ability. You pick up wrong data, needs to go to 2100 probably.
That I'll not find any scientific explanation is true; that humans have supernatural ability is false, i.e. I equate the Supernatural with the Almighty alone... Back to seeking causes, it was only after my looking for and failing to find any logical explanations that I so I ascribed my experiences.

You see I am unique - one of 40,000 people has sensitivity like me. You have to find one of 1 millions people with supernatural abilities. I id not understand issue. Do you want rewire human brain?

It is tricky business on open brain surgery procedure. Or purpose of it is creating synthetic brain? What about supercomputers?

You see I am unique - one of 40,000 people has sensitivity like me. You have to find one of 1 millions people with supernatural abilities. I id not understand issue. Do you want rewire human brain?It is tricky business on open brain surgery procedure. Or purpose of it is creating synthetic brain? What about supercomputers?
There is a difference between supernatural and preternatural. Whereas the former implies godliness, the latter is something that is so inexplicably extraordinary as to seem unnatural. Mine is a distinction between divinity and rarity, which, when good,
I humbly define as grace. About grace, Cathleen Falsani wrote a truism, which for too many is a conundrum:

Justice is getting what you deserve.

Mercy is not getting what you deserve.

And grace is getting what you absolutely don't deserve

[...e.g.] benign good will, unprovoked compassion, a gift that cannot be earned.

Seesaw et al,

What is crucial about my previous comment? For some reason, many of those whom deny the existence of a god fancy themselves divine. Heaven forbid any such megalomaniac ever gain power for, then, a cult or, worse, a dictatorship is born.

Seesaw, I’ve heard you hint at types of warfare that, to me, are unthinkable. Now, when you mention rewiring the brain in conjunction with supercomputers, I’m reminded of the singularity. As part of an exponential growth in technologies, super intelligent machines will soon replicate beyond human understanding and, thus, superintendence. Thence, “Kurzweil predicts the technological advances will irreversibly transform people as they augment their minds and bodies with genetic alterations, nanotechnology, and artificial intelligence” --

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singularity_Is_Near (The Singularity Is Near - Wikipedia)

spacer.png

People, fearing lest they become uselessly obsolete, shall let themselves be puppeteered for what will too predictably be the nefarious purposes of a Machiavellian would-be-god-- perhaps, Satan himself.

But, please, let us not more digress from the topic, which more pertains to the multiverse and/or many worlds.

Thank you.

Zer0Transcendence cheating customers of this site by creating SYZYGY. This name have no connection with English or Russian.

I wrote already that we have similar footprint of brain.

Woman usually react more aggressively.

Zer0Transcendence cheating customers of this site by creating SYZYGY. This name have no connection with English or Russian.I wrote already that we have similar footprint of brain.

Woman usually react more aggressively.
Seesaw,
There are enough longtime members here who find my writing style singular enough to beg to disagree with you. Secondly, before making erroneous claims, you might do some basic facts checking, e.g.

1. Syzygy | Define Syzygy at Dictionary.com
    Syzygy definition, Astronomy. an alignment of three celestial objects, as the sun, the earth, and either the moon or a planet: Syzygy in the sun-earth-moon system ...

2. Syzygy | Definition of Syzygy by Merriam-Webster
    the nearly straight-line configuration of three celestial bodies (as the sun, moon, and earth during a solar or lunar eclipse) in a gravitational system. Editor's note: ...

In fact, I used to use avatars that illustrate my username. Elsewhere, I have previously noticed your proclivity for chauvinism.

Notwithstanding that I've no problem with being identified with the'weaker sex,' your stereotypes are as preposterous as are you. I have hitherto given you every possible benefit of doubt. But, as some things are impossible to overlook, your antics grow tiresome. Sow discord online by using falsehoods to create arguments, and you'll only prove yourself a troll.

In Russian all last female names end with letter A.
The same is often, but not always, true in English. I've said before, though maybe not to you, I took my username at random from a dictionary whereupon I learned my usual moniker was taken.
Peace be with you.

I learned more languages than for which I ever had use.

Though Russian's being my second language would probably make it easiest to review, I, as a respectable matron, keep all dealings with men other than my husband public.

My policy has the added advantage of affording me the time to address more pressing matters.