Coronavirus

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 5828
  • Start date Start date
Coronavirus

Coronaviruses are a group of viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that are typically mild, such as some cases of the common cold, though rarer forms can be lethal, such as SARS, MERS, and COVID-19. Symptoms vary in other species: in chickens, they cause an upper respiratory tract disease, while in cows and pigs they cause diarrhea. There are yet to be vaccines or antiviral drugs to prevent or treat human coronavirus infections. Coronaviruses constitute the subfamily Orthocoronavirinae, in the family Coronaviridae, order Nidovirales, and realm Riboviria. They are enveloped viruses with a positive-sense single-stranded RNA genome and a nucleocapsid of helical symmetry. The genome size of coronaviruses ranges from approximately 27 to 34 kilobases, the largest among known RNA viruses.

Coronavirus predates the current crisis, yet the medical world hasn't spent the last ten years (at least) looking into cures? Seriously?

Last edited:
I've heard you can get a really good discount for a cruise these days. Me and the wife have been wanting to go , and as long as the pantry, booze is a'plenty, kind'a figure ending up quarantined on a luxury cruise ship might not be all that bad. And as long as this guy isn't on the ship:

View attachment 82

..don't see it being a problem.

1583944466098.png.88ca4efb925e9c38f21796247d38dc31.webp

(y) Just to be clear, this is the cool guy from Walking Dead with a crossbow and a crazy brother. Not the weirdo from Death Standing who fell over every 20 minutes and carried a baby in a jar on his chest.

(y) Just to be clear, this is the cool guy from Walking Dead with a crossbow and a crazy brother. Not the weirdo from Death Standing who fell over every 20 minutes and carried a baby in a jar on his chest.
The walking dead version, yes, but his brother is now dead. I have ALL of his attention, now. Sorry, Carol. You snooze, you lose.