COVID-19 is so bad, but the U.S. Senate can't wait to go on VACATION?

KerrTexas

Super Moderator
Said by Mitch McConnell regarding legislation of a COVID 19 economic relief bill ;

~ Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) made it clear this would be the Senate's last opportunity to pass the bill before they go on recess until after Easter break. ~

( Source of quote )

So, let me get this straight. IF the bill did not pass , the U.S. Senate ( our elected public servants ) would GO ON VACATION ? Leave us all with a "so sad - too bad" situation ?

Really ?

This whole event has a Twilight Zone feel to it.

Just doesn't feel right when the people have to 'shelter-in-place' as our health and wealth circle the drain, and our legislators want to go on VACATION ?

It's pretty much bullshit. Every single one of these people need to be replaced, with term limits imposed and an independent financial audit performed every 2 years. Senators and congressmen should not be millionaires. Senators and congressmen should not be able to squat in the capitol for 4 or 5 decades accomplishing nothing but renaming the post office.

I don't usually watch these kind of videos , but this one I think is spot on. What is said in the video ( link below ) is what makes this whole thing so bizarre.

video link ---> (

)

Said by Mitch McConnell regarding legislation of a COVID 19 economic relief bill ;
~ Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) made it clear this would be the Senate's last opportunity to pass the bill before they go on recess until after Easter break. ~

( Source of quote )

So, let me get this straight. IF the bill did not pass , the U.S. Senate ( our elected public servants ) would GO ON VACATION ? Leave us all with a "so sad - too bad" situation ?

Really ?

This whole event has a Twilight Zone feel to it.

Just doesn't feel right when the people have to 'shelter-in-place' as our health and wealth circle the drain, and our legislators want to go on VACATION ?
That's insane! Senators and congressmen shouldn't be allowed to take vacations during times like these! What'll happen if these legislators get the virus while on vacation?!

That's insane! Senators and congressmen shouldn't be allowed to take vacations during times like these! What'll happen if these legislators get the virus while on vacation?!
Well, they all have fancy health insurance separate from the garbage we're forced to use... So they'll probably be just fine ;)

And while they are on vacation, people are dying , losing their jobs and businesses.

As far as treatment, see the video. I know it's very Pro-Trump, however, does NOT change the facts about a treatment that could be used ( and actually is being used elsewhere ) NOW!

They are literally playing games with medication that has been proven to be effective against COVID 19. In the article linked below, they write that...

"One State governor is actually threatening physicians and pharmacists if they prescribe the drug to COVID-19 patients."

"... governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs wrote a letter March 24 to all “licensed prescribers and dispensers” that an obvious threat of “administrative action” against doctors who prescribe the drug for coronavirus, and a warning to pharmacists to ignore doctors requests to fill prescriptions. "

Must read article --- > The Political Fight Over Hydroxychloroquine