"The future ain't what it used to be."

Is Anthony D'amato John Titor?

O10

Timekeeper
Anthony D'amato is a professor at Northwestern University in Chicago. He posted on the main Titor thread on Art Bell's forum. His son Brian D'amato has written two books involving time travel, In the Courts of the Sun and The Sacrifice Game. A significant part of the first book is set in central Florida. It seems likely that both were involved in the Titor project from the beginning.

Anthony D'Amato

Brian D'Amato

The original P2P post:
Notice that Beliviue sounds like "believe you".
Posted by Anthony D’Amato on 02-02-2001 07:30 PM
Hi I am from Beliviue, looking for John Titor.

Anthony D'amato is a professor at Northwestern University in Chicago. He posted on the main Titor thread on Art Bell's forum. His son Brian D'amato has written two books involving time travel, In the Courts of the Sun and The Sacrifice Game. A significant part of the first book is set in central Florida. It seems likely that both were involved in the Titor project from the beginning.

Anthony D'Amato

Brian D'Amato

The original P2P post:
Notice that Beliviue sounds like "believe you".

Yes it sounds like "believe you".

A person who used the name Anthony D'Amato posted one time on the "I am From 2036" thread. What makes you think that attorney Anthony D'Amato is that person? During the time that TTO/Titor was posting D'Amato was litigating this case:

Lead counsel for plaintiff, Lars Erik Gustav Lindstrom v. Jerome F. Graber, Warden,
(203 F.3d 470, C.A.7 (Ill.), 7th Cir. Ct. of Appeals, 1999-2001) (international extradition)

Do you really think that he was taking time out to become John Titor? Larry Haber is a well known attorney in his field of entertainment industry law. Anthony D'Amato is a giant in international law and international human rights abuse litigation. Imagine him being in the middle of litigating a law suit that he brought against the Soviet Union/Russia (he did several times) and getting outed as an Internet time travel hoaxer/kook. I don't think that his co-counsel, law partners or his clients would be much amused.

He's a pretty serious kind of guy.

Yes it sounds like "believe you".

A person who used the name Anthony D'Amato posted one time on the "I am From 2036" thread. What makes you think that attorney Anthony D'Amato is that person? During the time that TTO/Titor was posting D'Amato was litigating this case:

Do you really think that he was taking time out to become John Titor? Larry Haber is a well known attorney in his field of entertainment industry law. Anthony D'Amato is a giant in international law and international human rights abuse litigation. Imagine him being in the middle of litigating a law suit that he brought against the Soviet Union/Russia (he did several times) and getting outed as an Internet time travel hoaxer/kook. I don't think that his co-counsel, law partners or his clients would be much amused.

He's a pretty serious kind of guy.

According to this link, the case was decided in February 2000.
203 F3d 470 Lars Erik Gustav Lindstrom v. Jerome F Graber Warden | OpenJurist

Either way, the archives of the intelforum show that D'amato had time to post during the period John Titor was posting.
The IntelForum Archives

As far as I know, there isn't anything preventing a law professor from writing fiction or producing internet theater. Both D'amato's wife and son are published authors and he produced Grease on Broadway in the early 70s.

Anthony D'Amato Theatre Credits
Velvel on National Affairs: Re: Tony D’Amato’s Views On Hitler’s Plot To Kidnap The Pope And On Pius XII’s Silence On The Destruction Of The Jews

Over the weekend I received an email from Tony D’Amato, a brilliant Northwestern University professor of international law who has multiple interests and talents. (E.g., he is a fine pianist, and he discovered Grease when it was in a small Chicago theater and helped bring it to Broadway.)

Your response doesn't address the question of why, based on a single short post on "I am from 2036", do you think that this attorney made the post? The name alone? I just did a "quick and dirty" online search of the New York City white pages and found 36 Anthony/Tony/Antonio D'Amatos.

This is a bit like the several months some folks spent looking across America in phone books for "John Titor." He never used that handle here, btw. He told Pamela that he made the name up on the spot because he had to have a first and last name in order to register on Art Bell's "Post-2-Post" forum. There was no John Titor per se. But people just had to insist that the handle John Titor was huge evidence of some sort.

So is it possible that attorney Tony D'Amato make that post? Of course it is - and, absent any other supporting evidence, with the same probability as every other Anthony D'Amato on the planet (and this assumes that the poster used his real name).

Back