"The future ain't what it used to be."

John Titor

Though I have not looked much into time travel, I have recently become very interested in John Titors story. I wonder, what ever happened to his posts? Why did he stop? If he really came here to change something, then why would he give up after all that effort. Where is he now? I'm not saying I believe his story, however, the idea of time travel intrigues me. I wish to know more about this Titor character. Does anyone have any idea what happened? Someone, please discuss time travel with me and explain the logistics, I would very much like to understand more.

The silence is deafening. Crickets chirping, echoes in a cavern...

To the questions:
1) John's posts are gone in the way that most of the 2000 - 2001 Internet is gone. However, archives can be found: here, here, here, and probably other places.
2) John stopped posting in March, 2001 because he left this "worldline" to travel elsewhere.
3) Although his stated mission was to retrieve a computer from 1975, he alluded to secret agendas that may have involved: preventing a Y2K disaster, stopping a second civil war in the United States, and avoiding a nuclear World War III.
4) Current location (in time and space) is unknown. However, his 16-year old version is living with his parents in an undisclosed location. According to the family's attorney Larry Haber, the family may have new information for us in November, as it seems nothing was delivered in July. Listen here for details.
5) What happened is a mystery. Apparently, two versions of John visited this "worldline" according to this. The only common arrival date was December 28, 1999 - a few days before Y2K.

I now present you with a treatise on the logistics of time travel...
Time Travel: A Cautionary Tale
Don't do it. Don't even think about it. I'm not kidding. You'll regret it. Just don't.
:)

John Titor is a fun story, but unfortunately he was a fraud.

Simply look around; is the U.S. near the end of a 10 year civil war between "the country" and "the city?" With only a 2% divergence in time lines, I would think at least somebody would have been shot by now.

Moz

Back