LHC Fires Up Next Week

PaulaJedi

Rift Surfer
The Large Hadron Collider will be fired up next week and scientists are experimenting with the possibility of detecting miniature black holes (gravity leaks) and parallel universes, if I read the article correctly:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3001664/Will-Large-Hadron-Collider-parallel-universe-Particle-smasher-gateway-alternate-realities-say-scientists.html

I was tempted to bring John Titor into this conversation (oops, look like I already did), but then I'd have to bear witness to many a lecture. LOL.

Aw, hell. I'm a tough gal.

"Soon, CERN will bring their big machine on line and they will be smashing very fast and high-energy particles together. One of the more odd and potentially dangerous items produced from this increase in energy will be microsingularities a fraction of the size of an electron." --John Titor

I kindly request that you pose your rebuttals towards CERN, not myself. Thanks! :) :) :)

I was tempted to bring John Titor into this conversation (oops, look like I already did), but then I'd have to bear witness to many a lecture. LOL.Aw, hell. I'm a tough gal.
That's for sure. You're just like my cat. He doesn't listen to me either. Did you read the article? A backup theory is already to move in place when they don't find the miniature black holes. No mention of using existing facts about gravity is mentioned anywhere in the article.

The I was tempted to bring John Titor into this conversation (oops, look like I already did), but then I'd have to bear witness to many a lecture. LOL.Aw, hell. I'm a tough gal.

"Soon, CERN will bring their big machine on line and they will be smashing very fast and high-energy particles together. One of the more odd and potentially dangerous items produced from this increase in energy will be microsingularities a fraction of the size of an electron." --John Titor

I kindly request that you pose your rebuttals towards CERN, not myself. Thanks! :) :) :)
I kindly decline to comply. I'm sure that you would like the rebuttals to go to CERN and not yourself. But I have to ask: Did you purposely leave out the full context of the above Boomer quote or were you just not aware of the full context? I'll supply the full context. It comes from two other posts by Boomer:
Time Travel Institute, "Time Travel Paradoxes" thread, Boomer's first ever post

TimeTravel_0 unregisteredposted 02 November 2000 01:16Wow! Paul is right on the money. I was just about to give up hope on anyone knowing who Tipler or Kerr was on this worldline.

By the way, #2 is the correct answer and the basics for time travel start at CERN in about a year and end in 2034 with the first "time machine" built by GE. Too bad we can't post pictures or I'de show it to you.
Bold italic addedPost-2-Post forum, "I am from 2036" thread

Posted by John Titor on 02-01-2001 08:36 AM[snip] The breakthrough that will allow for this technology will occur within a year or so when CERN brings their larger facility online. [snip]
Bold italic addedHis very first post set the full context and he backed it up three months later on Art Bell's forum: "In about a year", "within a year or so." It's been over fourteen years. Not even close to being a "hit"

...unless we simply will "in about a year" to mean "in a decade and a half...or more." It's the Not-so-parallel Universe Anti-Synchronicity Theory and what not (hand waving, hand waving) that accounts for the time differential off-set...

Darby,

I have proof that you are no better than the rest of us. The article actually says that it may be able to "detect" black holes whereas Titor said it was going to create black holes. I made this error in the beginning and I am not afraid to be wrong. Being wrong about something doesn't define my self worth. You made the same error.

"This is according to a new study that claims miniature black holes - a key sign of a 'multiverse' - could be detected in Cern's LHC in Geneva"

Welcome to the club, fruitbat!

His very first post set the full context and he backed it up three months later on Art Bell's forum: "In about a year", "within a year or so." It's been over fourteen years. Not even close to being a "hit"\
Well, as I pointed out. The article said "detected" not "created". We don't really know if CERN did create black holes a year after Titor made that statement, now do we? I suppose you're going to tell me that you know the head honcho at CERN personally and you're never wrong. Fine. Take whatever stance you'd like, but you are in error here.

Newsflash! Darby isn't perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:
CERN Timeline

10 Sep 2008 CERN successfully fired the first protons around the entire tunnel circuit in stages.

19 Sep 2008 Magnetic quench occurred in about 100 bending magnets in sectors 3 and 4, causing a loss of approximately 6 tonnes of liquid helium.

30 Sep 2008 First "modest" high-energy collisions planned but postponed due to accident.[36]

16 Oct 2008 CERN released a preliminary analysis of the accident.

21 Oct 2008 Official inauguration.

5 Dec 2008 CERN released detailed analysis.

20 Nov 2009 Low-energy beams circulated in the tunnel for the first time since the accident.[60]

23 Nov 2009 First particle collisions in all four detectors at 450 GeV.

30 Nov 2009 LHC becomes the world's highest-energy particle accelerator achieving 1.18 TeV per beam, beating the Tevatron's previous record of 0.98 TeV per beam held for eight years.[55]

15 Dec 2009 First scientific results, covering 284 collisions in the ALICE detector.[61]

early Feb 2010 First proton-proton collisions beyond FermiLab's energies, published by the CMS team.[62]

28 Feb 2010 The LHC continues operations ramping energies to run at 3.5 TeV for 18 months to two years, after which it will be shut down to prepare for the 14 TeV collisions (7 TeV per beam).[63]

30 Mar 2010 The two beams collided at 7 TeV (3.5 TeV per beam) in the LHC at 13:06 CEST, marking the start of the LHC research program.

8 Nov 2010 Start of the first run with lead ions.

6 Dec 2010 End of the run with lead ions. Shutdown until early 2011.

13 Mar 2011 Beginning of the 2011 run with proton beams.[64]

21 Apr 2011 LHC becomes the world's highest-luminosity hadron accelerator achieving a peak luminosity of 4.67·1032 cm−2s−1, beating the Tevatron's previous record of 4·1032 cm−2s−1 held for one year.[65]

24 May 2011 Quark–gluon plasma achieved.[66]

17 Jun 2011 The high luminosity experiments ATLAS and CMS reach 1 fb−1 of collected data.[67]

14 Oct 2011 LHCb reaches 1 fb−1 of collected data.[68]

23 Oct 2011 The high luminosity experiments ATLAS and CMS reach 5 fb−1 of collected data.

Nov 2011 Second run with lead ions.

22 Dec 2011 First new composite particle discovery, the χb (3P) bottomonium meson, observed with proton-proton collisions in 2011.[69]

5 Apr 2012 First collisions with stable beams in 2012 after the winter shutdown. The energy is increased to 4 TeV per beam (8 TeV in collisions).[70]

4 Jul 2012 First new elementary particle discovery, a new boson observed that is "consistent with" the theorized Higgs boson. (This has now been confirmed as the Higgs boson itself.[71])

8 Nov 2012 First observation of the very rare decay of the Bs meson into two muons (Bs0 → μ+μ−), a major test of supersymmetry theories,[72] shows results at 3.5 sigma that match the Standard Model rather than many of its super-symmetrical variants.

20 Jan 2013 Start of the first run colliding protons with Lead ions.

11 Feb 2013 End of the first run colliding protons with Lead ions.

14 Feb 2013 Beginning of the first long shutdown, to prepare the collider for a higher energy and luminosity. When reactivated in early 2015, the LHC will operate with an energy of 13 TeV, almost double its current maximum energy.[73]

7 Mar 2015 Injection tests for Run 2 send protons towards LHCb & ALICE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Notice highlighted dates and events.

TimeTravel_0 unregistered

posted 02 November 2000 01:16

Posted by John Titor on 02-01-2001 08:36 AM

Notice dates Titor posted on.

Notice the 7 year discrepincy in the projected date by Titor of " in about a year", "within a year or so".

I guess "or so" equals 7.?!

So,

We don't really know if CERN did create black holes a year after Titor made that statement, now do we?
Yes, actually we do.

So, you're saying you know what goes on behind closed doors outside of public eye? You don't think governments hide information?
Time for the tin foil hats, too?
Seriously, Paula....by this measure we, the ignorant public, KNOW NOTHING! It is really quite ridiculous to believe that the "gubmint" could keep under wraps the knowledge of if CERN created a black hole. For one thing, the creation of a black hole (even a micro one) would start gobbling up mass all around it at a rate such that it would be impossible NOT for the world to know about it. But using the logic you display above, I suppose you would then claim that The Architect has designed The Matrix in such a way as to keep us ALL completely uninformed that the world really was consumed by a black hole....we just don't know about it because..we are in a computer simulation of reality.

SMH,

RMT

Time for the tin foil hats, too?Seriously, Paula....by this measure we, the ignorant public, KNOW NOTHING! It is really quite ridiculous to believe that the "gubmint" could keep under wraps the knowledge of if CERN created a black hole. For one thing, the creation of a black hole (even a micro one) would start gobbling up mass all around it at a rate such that it would be impossible NOT for the world to know about it. But using the logic you display above, I suppose you would then claim that The Architect has designed The Matrix in such a way as to keep us ALL completely uninformed that the world really was consumed by a black hole....we just don't know about it because..we are in a computer simulation of reality.
SMH,

RMT
I disagree. The government hides all kinds of information from us.

Area 51 wasn't a museum. Were there not secrets inside those walls?

And besides, you are attempting to distract us from the fact that Darby made a mistake and he seems to be human after all, not omnipotent.

I suppose I need to provide a scientific paper to back up that statement.

:eek:

The Large Hadron Collider will be fired up next week and scientists are experimenting with the possibility of detecting miniature black holes (gravity leaks) and parallel universes, if I read the article correctly:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3001664/Will-Large-Hadron-Collider-parallel-universe-Particle-smasher-gateway-alternate-realities-say-scientists.html
I was tempted to bring John Titor into this conversation (oops, look like I already did), but then I'd have to bear witness to many a lecture. LOL.

Aw, hell. I'm a tough gal.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about what they are able top discover at the higher energy levels it will be operating with.

I kindly decline to comply. I'm sure that you would like the rebuttals to go to CERN and not yourself. But I have to ask: Did you purposely leave out the full context of the above Boomer quote or were you just not aware of the full context? I'll supply the full context. It comes from two other posts by Boomer:Time Travel Institute, "Time Travel Paradoxes" thread, Boomer's first ever post
Bold italic added

Post-2-Post forum, "I am from 2036" thread

Bold italic added

His very first post set the full context and he backed it up three months later on Art Bell's forum: "In about a year", "within a year or so." It's been over fourteen years. Not even close to being a "hit"

...unless we simply will "in about a year" to mean "in a decade and a half...or more." It's the Not-so-parallel Universe Anti-Synchronicity Theory and what not (hand waving, hand waving) that accounts for the time differential off-set...
I should probably know this, but why do you refer to Titor as Boomer? Maybe goes along with presumed authorship or something?