"The future ain't what it used to be."

Looking for John Titor

Of course, if you're right, It'll be hell for ya. People be hitting you up for lotto numbers. We can all say we knew him when he was nobody. I get first autograph. I started this.

Or I could just introduce you to the statistical data and the geographical hotspots where earthquakes are likely to occur. Then you could go play soothsayer on your own.

Mylo

It was a generalized prediction. Even you could do it. Using statistical data.

The location was a miss. The epicenter of the quake occurred offshore in the ocean.

Given the time span evident, roughly 22,000 earthquakes occurred across the earth.

It's just like predicting lightning strikes. They will happen statistically. But when and where?

You're wrong, Einstein. The kid was right on the money. And if you read the comments, most are wondering just why this kid was so accurate. One commenter lied and said he posted his prediction after the news story broke.

I just looked it up. There have been 56 earthquakes in California in the last 7 days around 2.4-2,9. I guess everyone has to superglue their nick-knacks over there. So Einstein, it has to be at least a 5 pointer. Do you feel you can give us a city too?

Well, no killer earthquakes on the horizon for the next two weeks in California. But I predict there will be an earthquake in California within the next two weeks. That gives me till April 16 for my prediction to come true.

Aww come on Einstein. You provide a general location, and that is it? At least the GLP Chile person predicted:

1) that an offshore earthquake would occur that would affect Chile (correct)

2) It would have a depth of about 20km (correct according to USGS)

3) An issue concerning a Tsunami would occur (correct)

4) The quake would have a greater magnitude than 8 (correct)

Your prediction is kinda lame in comparison, don't you think?

Okay about your prediction. The Chile person on GLP says that a big earthquake in California will be very sudden. He/she says it may occur without the pattern of "fore shocks"/activity (which is usual for CA). He/she says it will also be a very shallow quake.

Anyway, the point I am making is that you do not have to be an alleged "time-traveller" to make these predictions. The Chile person on GLP claims to use a method of observing energy release patterns, such as sunspot activity, volcanoes etc to make the predictions.

Lets take a look at some more facts:

Chile area: 756,096 km²

California area: 423,970 km²

It does appear I did choose a smaller area for my prediction. As I recall the poster predicting an earthquake in Chile didn't mention the magnitude of the earthquake. Of course that can change with the edit function. And 20km does appear to be an average depth for earthquakes in that area. Which by the way are very numerous. And considering that earthquakes in that area also regularly occur offshore, a Tsunami would be a natural occurrence too.

Here is a link to current earthquake activity in the Chile area:

Chile realtime earthquakes list – Lista sismos Chile

As you may surmise from the data, earthquake activity in the Chile area appears to be quite common. Kind of like predicting sunshine. Which I would agree does seem kind of lame.

As I recall the poster predicting an earthquake in Chile didn't mention the magnitude of the earthquake. Of course that can change with the edit function.

This tells me that you never "read" the link I posted (the link that contained the Chile prediction on GLP).

Listen, if you guys are going to make stuff up just to argue, then I'm not going to participate in this discussion anymore.

Predicting an earthquake ?somewhere" in California on any day is actually easier than predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow. It's better than shooting fish in a rain barrel.

http://www.data.scec.org/recent/req2/index.html

The map is dynamic (it is updated hourly). Whenever you happen to click on the link you'll see a typical week of data. There will be 100-200 earthquakes shown on the map of California for the past 7 days.

Thanks for the link Mylo. Someone claiming to be IQ EQ says a Wyoming earthquake linked to Yellowstone will trigger.

The person posting about the Wyoming prediction is a different person to the one that made Chile prediction. They maybe using the same IQ EQ profile name, but they are 2 different people. The language, vocabulary, grammar and whole syntax of the Wyoming poster is different than the Chile poster. Trust me, they are 2 different people. I think it is a ploy by the Wyoming imposter to discredit the Chile poster. Anyway, I digress from the subject at hand.

Predicting an earthquake ?somewhere" in California on any day is actually easier than predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow. It's better than shooting fish in a rain barrel.

http://www.data.scec.org/recent/req2/index.html

The map is dynamic (it is updated hourly). Whenever you happen to click on the link you'll see a typical week of data. There will be 100-200 earthquakes shown on the map of California for the past 7 days.

Animals don't lie.

God Code Matrix 188 predicts a greater than 6 magnitude quake to hit on the 14th April, 19th & 20th (+ or - 1 day for the 20th). Central America, (guatemala/el-salvador region) is predicted as being hit.

Mr. Thomas, if Jon Titor (or John as you spell the name)

Trevor,

It's not a matter of how you, John Thomas or anyone else here spells "John" Titor. That's how TimeTravel_0 chose to spell it when he registered on the Post-2-Post forum. It's also how he signed his posts on P2P. He was never known as John Titor on this site until after he registered on P2P on 27-JAN-2001, a few days short of 3 months after he first appeared here and a few days short of 4 months after he first appeared on the IRC with Yariesa. Regardless of the spelling he said that John Titor was not his actual name. He said that made up the name in order to register on P2P because Art Bell's forum required a first name, a last name and a paid email service email address (no gmail.com, hotmail.com thus [email protected]).

Back