Mr. Krinkle

KerrTexas

Timekeeper
The following are true accounts of a figure that has been seen several times by different individuals. I nicknamed him, " Mr. Krinkle ", from a song by Primus.

The first time I heard about this figure was when I was a security guard at a private community. I was talking with another guard and he told me that one night while he was on duty, he glanced out of the window of the guard station and saw at the end of the road, a tall dark figure. It was dressed in a black flowing cloak and strange black hat. The face was hidden under the shadow of the hat. The figure didnt move, it just stood there looking at my friend. In time he forgot about it, until several months later he came out of the market, and in the distance of the parking lot, there it was, same thing, just standing and watching.

Later, perhaps 10 years, I was talking to another friend, neither knew of each other, each originating from completely different locations as well as life styles. The second friend had just been released from prison, so the odds of them knowing each other are very remote.

One night we were sitting outside and just talking about several subjects, when he brought up the story of how when he was a kid, he decided to slip out his window and ride his bike around the block. He remembers zipping around the corner and suddenly there before him was a tall dark figure, with flowing black cloak, and strange black hat. He described the figure exactly as the other guy did ten years in the past. The figure did the same thing, just stood and watched him as he rode past.

This friend saw the figure a few more times. When he was in prison he mentioned the figure to some of the other guys and a few of them claimed they saw the same figure. They decided to seperate and draw the man they all had seen. When they got back together, the drawings all matched.

Even in the telling of this story, it sends chills through-out.

I am curious if anyone here has seen this figure...and who he might be.

Is he perhaps an alien in disguise, using our myths and legends to silently observe us? Is he a solitary figure, or have these sightings been of several members of the same "clan".

None of the people that have seen this silent sentinel have ever had anything bad happen afterwards, so what does the appearance of this mean to those who see him?

Is this cloaked figure evil, or good? And why does the figure dress in intimidating clothes?

What face is hidden within the shadows of his hat?

What is Mr Krinkles purpose?

Hi Ovlrd,

Maybe he is the Grim Reaper, waiting...watching...for his chance to strike. But no reason to fear him, everyone's time comes..so for all we know, he follows everyone around. Some people notice him while others do not.

Here is a great quote from Star Trek: Generations
Patrick Steward (Picard): Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we've lived. After all Number One, we're only mortal.

Jonathan Frakes (Commander Will Riker): Speak for yourself sir, I plan to live forever.

I remember my grandmother telling me this story about 8-9 years before she passed away(it was when she was younger that this story happened). She began to tell me that one night while sitting there falling asleep, she noticed something, a presense, in the room with her. She looked around the room and saw a figure moving towards her. If I remember correctly, she said it was someone she knew (I think, I can't really remember who she said it was...I was really young) standing beside her bed. This figure was holding a lit candle and it had my grandmothers name on it. The candle was burning and about half way gone. She said the candle symbolized her life and how much time she had left. Since I was young, I wasn't about to ask questions since just the thought sent chills down my spine. Maybe it was a dream that she thought was real or it could have been Mr. Krinkle disguised as a friend or entity that was either kind or cruel, depending on how you look at it (glass half full, glass half empty).

Good luck in finding whatever you wish to find out!

Perhaps everyone described is old enough to have watched a movie in 1990;

darkman-1-800.jpg

The original account of Mr. Krinkle was between 1986 and 1989. The men from prison were also incarcerated during the 70's and 80's.

The individual who saw Mr. Krinkle as a boy was approx. in his 50's in 1991. So, that would mean he saw "him" in the 40's.

Just another one of those mysteries that probably will never be answered.

At least not while we are alive...Muh ah ha ha !!!